Author Topic: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)  (Read 56925 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2011, 12:41 AM »
Popped the belly on the new tauntaun tonight. The new Luke isn't going to fit in there unless they give him removable legs or just go the "real-feel" guts route.  :'(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Hey guys- here are several comparison pics and a couple other ones:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Needed a new toy so I picked up the Search for Luke Battle Pack. I also found my first Rebel Fleet Trooper! Doing the happy dance!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Asked a Jefferson City Mo Target to check this DCPI.  None on hand, none ordered.  Also none at the next Target 25 miles away.  Or the next Target 50 miles away.  Closest will be a 100 mile one way to St. Louis.
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2011, 02:25 AM »
Thanks for the comparison pics Daigo-bah.  The new one looks great, but I'm not sure that I need to make the effort to replace my old ones.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Picked up this set myself. I like it, but my only complaint is that Han's cloth part of the coat doesn't seem to be done well. I looked through a couple, but they all seem to be a bit short. Definitely a figure for display on the Taun Taun.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2011, 12:57 AM »
Hey guys- here are several comparison pics and a couple other ones:

Love this pic!

I picked up this set today.  Glad to get this set, but it seems that Target has more than their fair share of exclusives at the moment. 

Be that as it may, I really like the new tauntaun.  I would've like to see Hasbro go all out and give the rear legs several points of articulation each, but that might have taken away from the sculpt.  I think we have to expect another version of Han's tauntaun down the line with the split belly.  The forward compatability of that open belly seems to be screaming that out as plain as day.  And I think in that case we'll get this same tauntaun with Han (hood up), Luke and a split belly.  I could do without the guts, but whatever.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Good that there are comparison pics on here because, watch out! I've already seen one swap with the original tauntaun. Everything else was undisturbed in box.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I expect swaps galore, more on the vinty one though by douches.  Target's douchey on the price, don't get me wrong, but then you just don't buy.  There's no "have to" with this stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Got this battlepack at Target.  $24.99 plus tax for the Han, Taun-Taun and a Hoth Rebel is pretty sweet.  Not paying the same price for the vinty boxed version.

I didn't even really have to "get" the battlepack.  It was more like, "hey wife, here's your pumpkin spice latte I just waited 20 minutes in line for, gee wiz this taun-taun looks like it'd be a great stocking stuffer for Christmas.  I'm just gonna go wait out in the car until you're done shopping and maybe there will be one less taun-taun in stock by the time you checkout."

Yeah.  So. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2011, 11:05 PM »
That's telling her!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2011, 02:24 AM »
FYI, a local collector called Target so much about this set that they finally told him it's scheduled to be put out on November 6th with the other exclusives. That's a Sunday, which I think is normally when this stuff is released, and I'd assume there will be an endcap or so.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55 PM »
So I opened this...

Other than the colors, the Han is great. Such a shame this isn't brown coated, and includes both head/hat options (hood up/down).  Though, it leaves the obvious re-release available, so I hope they're planning on it because I'll buy it for certain.  The pistol is a little lame too (lacks paint it seems). 

The Rebel is great that it includes the scanner watchamacallit.  Great figure, nice extra piece for it.

The Taun-Taun is nice, and a marked improvement, but after all that work on the saddle and making it removable, they make the strap around his tail/ass molded on?  WTF?  That's just some odd stuff.

And would it REALLY have been that hard to just give us the removable belly/guts thing they're obviously leaving open as an option, considering this is the appropriate beast?  The way things cost, I really think you should get the max for your buck, and so I feel they didn't really go all out on this, and they should have.

Good set, just not great. :)  Still miles superior to the Luke one though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54 AM »
FYI, a local collector called Target so much about this set that they finally told him it's scheduled to be put out on November 6th with the other exclusives. That's a Sunday, which I think is normally when this stuff is released, and I'd assume there will be an endcap or so.

I went to Target last night with DPCI #s in hand in hopes of finding the 3 exclusives and found my buddy that works there in the toy dept (a guy I have known since like 2nd grade).  This store is a stickler for not bringing things out early so I didn't expect much - I have had some battles with this store.  He looked up the numbers for me, they had them in stock, went to the back stockroom and came back empty handed.  He said he didn't have many on hand and that he would more than likely be resetting the area where these are supposed to go sometime within the week.

Just thought I would share for those looking - these may have a shelf space within a week.  Then again, he may be wrong and it may be a while longer like Diddly posted...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Found this and the other exclusive clogging the Shelves this morning on an endcap.

Now to convince the staff that I have an important "conference call"....