Author Topic: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)  (Read 56924 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2011, 01:42 PM »
"Yes Paul, I'll hold off all appointments and calls while you play with your toys... err... while you do your conference call".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Wow, if this was my REAL Job, I would be in serious trouble at home.  People need to order more from EE.com.....

The Han in this set is cool, yet disappointing.  THe back of his "skirt" on mine is WAY short.

Going back to get another set so I can swap the Han legs onto the Rebel so there can be a Rebel Scout.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Hmm, now that's a pretty slick idea.  But I don't feel like plunking down another $25, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Hmm, now that's a pretty slick idea.  But I don't feel like plunking down another $25, haha.

2 figures at $8 a piece
1 new Taun Taun for $9.

I'd say that is a pretty decent bargain considering my Target has a bunch of Prequel crap on Vintage cards hanging up waiting to go to the island of misfit toys. 

I didn't say I was gonna buy 10 of them...but I might.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2011, 04:13 PM »
It's a good deal, don't get me wrong, I just don't know if I want to drop another $25...  Between the other two and this one, that's been a LOT for me to drop on toys in a really short period of time, so I'm just feeling tapped out.   :-\

My stores didn't have a ton of any of the new exclusives though, so I wonder if maybe they won't linger much either.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Other than the colors, the Han is great. Such a shame this isn't brown coated, and includes both head/hat options (hood up/down).  Though, it leaves the obvious re-release available, so I hope they're planning on it because I'll buy it for certain.  The pistol is a little lame too (lacks paint it seems). 

I could totally see this Han figure w/a Hood Up head and more appropriate coat color being released as part of the Vintage Collection before that line ends. Seems like a no-brainer to me, plus it also gives us a Vintage carded figure that more closely matches the Kenner figure from the 80s.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Found this set tonight. Four sets on an endcap, I only snagged one for now. I might get a second later, I like Paul's idea of making a Rebel Scout. Haven't gotten to open it yet but Han's coat coloring is really the only bad part about this set. Well that and it not being the superior hod up version.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2011, 01:43 AM »
The scout idea's growing on me a lot, plus this is the two full-horned Taun-Taun to boot...  That makes me consider it even more.   :-[  Maybe if I've got some extra scratch next pay I'll cave.  I could always use another Rebel, and the Han's parts are probably usable to some degree too other than just the legs.

*sigh*

Sometimes I hate Paul's good ideas since they involve spending more!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2011, 01:58 AM »
I was gonna look into chopping off a bit of the horn and basically making it Luke's Tauntaun... it would save me $25 from not buying Luke's actual Tauntaun, plus you get another Hoth Rebel and Han.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Just as my buddy said he would do the reset this week for this stuff, he followed through.  he sent me a text saying he set up the area.  I hope they are not all gone by the time I get over there   ;D

he let me know in advance he would not be able to be able to hold anything - this store, as I think i have said, is strict.

update:  sure enough I got there after work and grabbed 2 of the search for Luke sets, and 1 Luke Taun-Taun, and 1 speeder.

Probably going to return either the Luke Taun-Taun or one of the Search for Luke sets - I will decide later.  Going to see if the price for the Luke Taun-Taun goes down.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:38 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Finally found this set today in Springfield, MO.  Took 4 Targets in both the middle, east side, and west side of the state, but I finally found it.
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2011, 05:09 PM »
I had originally intended to sell off the Han when I first got the set, but I just really like the way he fits on the saddle- so I put a drybrushing of brown across all of the blue, and wet-painted some brown onto the soft goods.  Really can't see much blue now, and he looks much better!  As for the Tauntaun, the sculpt just grows on you.  I have the POTF2 Luke version one shelf over, and after a week of visually comparing, the older sculpt is definitely starting to show its age.  I wasn't going to buy the new Luke tauntaun, but I just may now.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 3, 2011, 06:29 AM »
Picked up this set last night. I really like the taun taun. The rebel trooper is always welcome and the extra gadget is cool. I think that's the best paint job on that particular Han Solo head I've seen. The paint on the fur of his hood is a really weird color though, I've never customized anything in my life but I think I can manage this.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 3, 2011, 10:37 PM »
These are becoming more and more common around my area. I'll pick up a second set eventually. Also saw a returned set today that had a POTF2 Tauntaun, regular Brown Coat Hoth Han and the Bespin Han from the 30AC Torture Rack set. Hid that one behind some RC trucks although I need to start placing Post Its on defective merchandise warning people not to buy it and stores to take it off the shelves.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #119 on: November 4, 2011, 11:47 AM »
I had originally intended to sell off the Han when I first got the set, but I just really like the way he fits on the saddle- so I put a drybrushing of brown across all of the blue, and wet-painted some brown onto the soft goods.  Really can't see much blue now, and he looks much better!  As for the Tauntaun, the sculpt just grows on you.  I have the POTF2 Luke version one shelf over, and after a week of visually comparing, the older sculpt is definitely starting to show its age.  I wasn't going to buy the new Luke tauntaun, but I just may now.

Can you post a pic? I'm considering doing the same with one of mine.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram