Author Topic: Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)  (Read 22627 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
« on: May 20, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:48 PM by Scott »

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:02 AM »
I loved this vintage figure as a kid.  I thought it was so cool the helmet came off.  I think this was one of the first SW figures to have a removable helmet right?  I also like the vintage cardback.  I think this was one of the better costumes in all of the Star Wars films.  It would be nice to  get an update on the modern figure with the SA treatment.  Yeah, I am one of those collectors that likes SA on just about every figure even if they just stand in the background.    The modern one pictured is ok but I don't really care for her arms that much.  They could do a better job on that pike to.  I know they have to meet safety standards with the gummy plastic but it's just too gummy IMO.   

Offline Jedi Learner

• Youngling
  • I am ready to face the trials . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 02:59 AM »
Yes, this was one of the few figures in the vintage line to have a removable helmet (as I recall, the only others were Lando as Skiff Guard, Leia in Endor Poncho, and POTF Luke Stormtrooper).  I always thought it was a very nifty figure, and its detailing was reasonably screen-accurate.

The 2006 update is nice.  On the plus side, the likeness to Carrie Fisher is very good, and the figure is in the proper scale to represent her shorter stature.  The removable thermal detonator is also nice touch.  On the minus side, the bronze color of the pike does not appear to be correct--it looks black to me in the source image--and the plastic is WAY too flexible.

I always loved the vintage cardback and think it is one of the most striking of the line (gotta love that Kenner airbrushing that really makes the image pop.)  It would be awesome to see Hasbro release a brand new resculpt of this figure in the Vintage collection on this card.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:04 AM by Jedi Learner »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52 PM »
One of my favorite vintage Leias.  Mainly because I did not lose the blaster!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Vintage Kenner one was an early release, a spoiler really. They should've released her in 1984.

Never got the most recent version...helmet looks like it sets too low compared to the movie.

Also, who is that behind Boushh in the photo?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Always as a kid during vintage time, I thought Boushh weapon was an unusual rifle, cause the handle at the bottom (sort of an imperial rifle handle) gave it that connotation.

I only got potf2 version, but IŽll be glad to acquire the other versions sometime

I thing a tvc update would focus on a correction of the legs likeness, perhaps less angular, with a softened shape.
Also a slighty taller Boushh for a tvc update would be welcome.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:30 PM »
I loved Leia as Boussh as a kid for probably the only reason being that she was badass looking.  Leia finally looked less like a whiney girl and more like she could handle herself...  Probably my weird perception as a kid I guess since Leia was fairly tough in the movies.  Go figure.

The original figure was great though... The removable helmet rocked.  The gun was awkward and not really practical looking, and obviously anyone holding that in the vintage line (holding it like a gun anyway) looked kind of goofy.  I always hated that about the vintage articulation, even when I was young.  Articulation's always been a big deal to me I guess.  But it was still really cool.  I wound up breaking the handle off the gun and I think a rnadom Cantina dude I made is now walking with it like a force pike.

The modern incarnations are so-so...  The POTF2/SOTE figure was a letdown.  The molded-in detonator sucked, and the articulation was lacking.  The sculpt was nice though, a big update from the original, and so that aspect was kind of neat.

The Saga figure was a pretty great update though, and the fact she could now holster the detonator on her belt or hold it was simply great.  Hell, it was just great getting a separate Thermal Detonator as an accessory.  Her articulation was updated substantially, the scale was better, the gun and helmet were better, the sculpt was much sharper...

However, the articulation is sub-standard nowadays, and I think softgoods would go miles and miles with a figure like Leia disguised as Boussh (assuming all the other good stuff like the detonator, etc., remain in tact).  This is a figure I'd certainly like to see updated despite getting what many would consider an acceptable final figure.  I agree, I could live without it, but I'd certainly not turn my nose up at a "definitive" version to replace it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:53 AM »
I have both my original version and the saga version. This is a really cool character and figure. It can use some articulation improvements but it's not bad at all for what it is.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 09:08 AM »
One of my favorite figures/ characters. Love to design of the costume and the removable helmet was such a huge feature for me back in the day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Same here. Favourite childhood figure. Had two roles in my adventures, either as a bounty hunter or as Leia going under cover as a bounty hunter :D

The '06 figure is just fine, if you don't mind the wobbly blaster.