Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011  (Read 50878 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2011, 01:55 AM »
*sigh*

#1 - Seriously, why is bringing up a question or an opinion a "problem" or "whining" for you?  Are we still in America or is the JD forum a police state?  I am not the only one who thought the trade was unfair. I'm just the only one who publicly said it.  I posed this question to a dozen fantasy football players outside of JD and not one of them thought it was a fair trade.  I also posted Patrick's viewpoint right on the Yahoo Sports site to make sure he was heard.  Is that your definition of whining?  Maybe you should check in with Rob, who is a master of word meanings because I think you're confused on this one.  You're entitled to your own opinion about the issue, but don't criticize me for sharing my mine. 

#2 - Obviously I'm not the only person who thought it was a ridiculous trade because 4 people voted against it.  I'm only at the "center" of it because I'm the one who spoke out.  Please see Brent's response to the first issue - there were three people making requests outside of the rules after the draft.  And wow look, one of them was Rob.  Rob, the same guy who brought the issue up in this thread.  Why do you consider me at the center of all these "problems," but not Rob?

#3 - What is with the need to publicly call out people who voted against this?!  How will that possibly help you outside of finding someone else to put down?  Seriously, it's ****** that you would even ask about it.  Read my post above if you want to know why others haven't said anything.

Again, it's a dead issue at this point, or at least it is for me.  Shame on me for letting you suck me back in.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Ahhh...27-18 against Matt and I'm only playing my TE and backup RB thus far. 

;D  Happy Sunday All!   ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2011, 03:29 PM »

I didn't expect you to be commenting until later tonight.  Isn't Sunday a big day for you scalpers to emerge from your parent's basements to hock your wares at the flea market?  How'd you get out so early?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2011, 03:58 PM »

I didn't expect you to be commenting until later tonight.  Isn't Sunday a big day for you scalpers to emerge from your parent's basements to hock your wares at the flea market?  How'd you get out so early?

Classic.  The mighty Dressel is pissy about losing in fantasy football, so we're back to the "scalper" labeling.  Man does it feel good kicking your ass.

Oh, and my Sunday's are usually pretty easy going.  I only have the one figure left to scalp.  By the way, Archangel is up to $200 now if you still want it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Well.  Congratulations on what will most likely be a week 3 win then.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Well.  Congratulations on what will most likely be a week 3 win then.

Much appreciated.  Better luck next week.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Today:
Daniel Thomas - 14.13 Fantasy Points
Lance Moore - 15.87 Fantasy Points

Even deal - case closed.

I'm going to tell Marin to re-propose that trade if the two of them still want to make it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Today:
Daniel Thomas - 14.13 Fantasy Points
Lance Moore - 15.87 Fantasy Points

Even deal - case closed.

I'm going to tell Marin to re-propose that trade if the two of them still want to make it.

Unbelievable.  The case was already closed when the league voted.  Yeah, L. More got one TD this week.  The rookie WR from Baltimre got 3, so why not just drop Moore and pick him up?  Thomas has clearly taken over for Miami, but hey, it's all based on what they did today, right?  Why don't you just tell Marin to trade Moore for A. Peterson - 12.47 Fantasy Points?  That seems like it's more than fair given the weekly totals.   At least then I won't have to get involved as Matt said he would take point on fighting that one.

You're ridiculous.  We voted, we discussed, it was done. And now here YOU are bringing it up again, even though the trade has nothing to do with you.  I guess that is why we have the option to vote against trades - so that they can be offered up again week after week until it goes through.  Amazing.  I hope Ryan notices and decides to call out that you, Rob, are once again at the center of our fantasy football contraversary.

Go ahead and advise your relatives on the trades they should make, so that you can be sure to get your way.  I'm not going to waste my time voting or commenting on it - why bother?  This is obviously Rob's show and no one can rest until Rob gets his way.  Talk about whining and not letting it go - dude, you are the definition of whining and not letting it go.   

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Marin or Patrick could trade me Lance Moore or Thomas for Chris Johnson... :-X

It suck losing Kenny Britt for the season when I have such a low waiver wire priority this week...  :'(
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:57 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2011, 01:07 AM »
That does stink, but at least there are lots of decent WRs out there. I was able to pick one up last week despite a low waiver position (I think I was in the bottom half). Better than having to get a bunch of RBs
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2011, 05:05 AM »
I'm kind of tied up, as are most of us here right now, so I'm just going to say that we should keep our **** talking in here (which I appreciate speaking of the ****, I guess, in a "fantasy sports league") to a minimum if you can, and try to stick with talking **** about the sport...  err, fantasy sport, and stuff.

Please try to leave out off-topic-****-talking is what I'm trying to say...  I really like to stay out of the fantasy sports threads, kind of like the Pit, and so I'd appreciate all cooperation on this please.  Pounding your chest about you picking the right thing or guy to play whatever week though, go for it on that stuff.  It'll just keep it more civil and more fun for everyone.

Feel free to argue about trade disagreements too, till you're blue in the face, and what's fair and who's being a dick or not.  Just try to keep random insulting and stuff to a minimum, and please just keep things in here and not elsewhere on the site.

Or better yet, sling poop at each other in private if you want, but just try to keep the arguing in here "on topic".  Thank you, please drive through.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2011, 11:44 AM »

Unbelievable.  The case was already closed when the league voted.

Not exactly.  I know of at least one person who will remain nameless who voted against it who wishes they hadn't voted against it.  So unless you had 5 votes before, it won't be voted down this time.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:03 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Marin or Patrick could trade me Lance Moore or Thomas for Chris Johnson... :-X

It suck losing Kenny Britt for the season when I have such a low waiver wire priority this week...  :'(

I'd be willing to trade for Chris Johnson at the right price.  Look at my roster and see if there's anything you're interested in.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:55 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2011, 12:05 PM »
I should have kept J. Charles - he would be a terrific trade fo Britt or maybe even Chris Johnson or Arian Foster at this point.    :-X

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Yet another trade scandal with Patrick this morning.  He's turning into the Charlie Sheen of fantasy football!