Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011  (Read 50906 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2011, 06:10 PM »
That said, I probably shouldn't be sitting at 4-2 either.  I was looking over the stats and noticed that I'm a whopping 10th in scoring.  Tommy and I are the only two teams with less than 400 points scored against us as well.   :o  Pretty silly to think that I'd be 5-1 right now if the Jets had a FG in place of one of those TDs last night. 

Those things have a way of sorting themselves out (usually) over the course of the season... I was 4th or 5th in scoring and in 10th place last week, now I'm 4th in scoring and in 5th place.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2011, 06:17 PM »
Those things have a way of sorting themselves out (usually) over the course of the season... I was 4th or 5th in scoring and in 10th place last week, now I'm 4th in scoring and in 5th place.

Yeah, I can see that happening pretty quick given that there are 5 teams just a game behind me.  Teh question is, will anyone ever bring their A Game when they play Tommy?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Can you set it so that the Thursday night players are locked until the next week?

Nope, options are pretty limited really.  Sunday - Wednesday; First game - Wednesday; no waivers unless player is dropped by a team.  That's about all we got.  Nothing so specific as that. 

Were it up to me I'd just set it from noon Sunday until say Monday at noon.  I don't think one game necessitates it being locked down until Wednesday morning.  But that's not up to me. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2011, 02:15 AM »

Yeah, I can see that happening pretty quick given that there are 5 teams just a game behind me.  Teh question is, will anyone ever bring their A Game when they play Tommy?

Things will definitely get interesting in the next few weeks. Notice how Ryan, currently ranked 6th, is my "best" victory. Everyone else is in the bottom half of the league. After this week all my games will be against everyone currently ranked 2nd-5th. Murderers row for sure. And we'll see how me trading Fred Jackson will play out
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Is this the week that Diddly finally goes down? Starting Tebow against a real team will do that to you. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 1, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Ah Tebow.  Just a few complete passes short of fantasy superstar.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 1, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Being a Florida guy, I'm really rooting for Tebow.  I think it's an uphill battle for him, but it's definitely too early to write him off completely.  The Lions have made a lot of people look silly this year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 1, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Okay, so I have Tebow and Flaco in my CBSSportsline league.  I've started Tebow the last two two weeks and while he hasn't been spectacular, he has outscored Flaco in both games.  Do I start Tebow again next week with Flaco going up against the Steelers?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 2, 2011, 11:12 AM »
I would start Curtis Painter.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 2, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Okay, so I have Tebow and Flaco in my CBSSportsline league.  I've started Tebow the last two two weeks and while he hasn't been spectacular, he has outscored Flaco in both games.  Do I start Tebow again next week with Flaco going up against the Steelers?

I would go with Tebow.  He's gonna break off a run into the end zone any minute now and he really does not need to do too much more than that to have a good fantasy day.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 2, 2011, 03:36 PM »
I would start Curtis Painter.

I tried that during the Patriots bye week.  It was a disaster.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 3, 2011, 08:38 PM »
FYI I changed the waiver thing from "first game" to "Sunday" the other day.  That won't change when we can get players as free agents but it will mean that starting next week with the first Thursday night game all players will still be free agents until Sunday noon. 

I'm outta town until next Thursday with limited computer access so I hope it works.   :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 4, 2011, 06:07 PM »
I may very seriously be unable to field a team this weekend...  :-\

« Last Edit: November 4, 2011, 06:07 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 6, 2011, 04:17 PM »
And it's official... I've got 5 RB's out today (and a receiver).   The only RB I was able to start is John Kuhn, who might score a TD if I'm lucky, but is no yardage threat whatsoever.  This is by far the worst off I've ever been in a give ff game.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 6, 2011, 09:24 PM »

I would go with Tebow.  He's gonna break off a run into the end zone any minute now and he really does not need to do too much more than that to have a good fantasy day.

2 TDs passing and 118 yards rushing.  Take a tip from Dressel!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda