Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3.5 - Wedge!  (Read 23980 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3.5 - Wedge!
« on: March 2, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Carded/Loose Pics of Wedge

Headsculpt looks a lot better than the Target X-Wing set. Does he use the "average" Pilot body or the smaller Luke one?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Looks like the Luke body to me.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hmmm, honestly I liked the one that came with the X-Wing.  It looked a bit more like ROTJ Wedge I think, than this figure does.  I think if I don't get it, I won't be broken hearted.  I'd like to have one though, if for no other reason than to have a vinty card with wedge on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Geeze, why did they use that body? 

It's really inferior to what they are capable of... it's this kind of crap that has made me get annoyed with Hasbro's Rebel pilots.  Because of this, I'll be passing...

Ultimately, I think when they make bad moves like this, it results in pegwarming.  Which in turn, Hasbro says there is a lack of collector interest... but the real culprit is Hasbro for not using the better molds they already have at their disposal...

I don't think he'll pegwarm, as he's probably going to be pretty limited (unless Hasbro and retailers get really zealous with this wave based on the past success of the ROTJ wave).   And I don't see it being a Dak situation (which I realize was not widespread, just in my area, the Targets all seemed to get in a buttload of the revision of Wave One that had him in it).  But still... a poor move by Hasbro I think in using those parts from the neck down.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
I mainly just want this for the vintage card.  I do agree that it's kind of crappy they used the Luke body.  Just use the one from the X-Wing.  Oh well. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
So, let me get this straight...Wedge was delayed so they could do an updated head sculpt, but they chose to use an arguably inferior body?

Am I missing something here?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I'm not sure why they'd use Luke's body for Wedge unless they've found out that Dennis Lawson is a shorter guy...  which may be true.  Garrick Hagon isn't tall either, so basically all Biggs figures are inaccurate to some degree.

The Luke body, to me, is not really different than any other X-WIng pilot sculpt other than the legs are shorter to make the figure shorter.  The generic height XW suclpt isn't really better or worse though.  It's just taller.

I can't find Dennis Lawson's height anywhere on IMDB, so unless he's taller or shorter, that really would depend on how I view them using Luke's sculpt for the figure.

Personally I always thought he was taller than Luke but now I have no clue.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Hmm.  Not sure it's worth the wait.  Oh well.  Wedge on a vintage card. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I think they just went with whatever was convenient for them, but who knows... and the height is a bit of an issue for me, but it's the arms/shoulders on that sculpt that I really don't like.  It just doesn't look nearly as natural as some of the more recent molds.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
II can't find Dennis Lawson's height anywhere on IMDB, so unless he's taller or shorter, that really would depend on how I view them using Luke's sculpt for the figure.

Luke Height: 1.72 meters

Wedge Height: 1.7 meters
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I see they cheaped out and  did not paint the gun barrel...

I personally think the Steakhouse Waiter Wedge figure from the comic pack had the best likeness of the current Wedges. This new head is better than the Target one but falls short from the CP one.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
II can't find Dennis Lawson's height anywhere on IMDB, so unless he's taller or shorter, that really would depend on how I view them using Luke's sculpt for the figure.

Luke Height: 1.72 meters

Wedge Height: 1.7 meters

I'd still rather see IMDB's height listing over WOokieepedia, but I'd guess theirs isn't inaccurate either...  Seems like Wedge is even shorter than Luke, making his other figures a little weird.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Last Edit: March 3, 2011, 05:09 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
How in the hell was I not getting any returns on Lawson's acting profile?  That was frustrating.  He's like the only actor I ever had trouble finding his profile on that site.

Well that ends that debate then...  the Luke Pilot sculpt is pretty much appropriate.  I'm ok with that then. :)  Now it makes the target one inaccurate.

I hope they re-use Snowspeeder Luke now to get us a SS Wedge.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
I hope they re-use Snowspeeder Luke now to get us a SS Wedge.

That's why I bought an extra Dack.
This is the way.

I have spoken.