Author Topic: SDCC 2011  (Read 46861 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
SDCC 2011
« on: June 21, 2011, 04:12 PM »
Alright.  We're about a month away from Comic Con.  If I remember correctly, all sorts of stuff started leaking about this time last year.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, what are your SDCC expectations.

I'm hoping to see a few more Vintage waves, and what they have planned for the 3D E1 release.  Maybe that Tuantaun. I know, I think, that I kinda remember hearing something about there maybe being some possible surprises and stuff.  Any guesses?

Will we get a sneal peak at the next BMF?  Or will that be at Toyfair?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: SDCC 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:52 PM »
I doubt there's much BMF'n going on...  Hasbro's going to want to push the Attack Shuttle.

I'm itnerested in seeing maybe more Deluxe Fig/Vehicles, more Vintage...  The exclusives for the remainder of the year will be nice to see too, and see if it's a clean sweep of me not giving a poop about them (which it so far has been, at least for the most part).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:19 AM »
I'm hoping for a great showing of new vintage stuff. There seems to have been a lull in the news, so I'm hoping we'll see some stuff to get excited about. I just don't want to see any awesome exclusives at places that make them impossible to get...that's always nerve wracking.

A new BMF would be awesome, but I see Jesse's point about the attack shuttle. When does that thing come out?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 09:26 AM »
It would be nice to see a little more upcoming TVC (and CW for that matter), and I agree that I'd like to see what the exclusives for the last four months are going to be.  It always seems like we just get a ton of stuff towards the end of the year anymore.  I'd definitely like to see more about the Taun Taun (which is apparently an exclusive), and hopefully another nice surprise.  I know at one time it was sort of rumored that there might be a repaint of the BMF Slave I on the way, but I could see that getting pushed off a little bit further (our local TRU still has the original one on the shelves).  It seems like we know the majority of what is left for this year for the TVC figures (and CW to some extent), but hopefully we'll still get some surprises and maybe a peek at 2012.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Looking for what's past the Walrusman wave in vintage. No BMF for me as I still need a Falcon. Maybe the tauntaun, A wing, Y wing, new Landspeeder etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10 PM »
There were claims the Attack Shuttle would be out by now, but that didn't seem to pan out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38 AM »
I think we we see a lot of exclusives in lieu of the Blue Ray push. Every retailer will want something special. Outside of not being able to find squat at retail I am very happy with the Vintage line and really look forward to see what left for this year plus the usual small sneak peek at 12'.

I am hoping for a BMF surprise but I know it's very unlikely. I am jonsing for some new stuff and more Han Bespins & Rebel Fleet troopers to complete some scenes.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I'm actually sort of surprised we haven't seen a few more leaks heading into Comic Con.  Granted, we got a peek at the Taun Taun and a few re-released/tweaked vehicles (like the B-Wing), but unless I'm forgetting there hasn't been much more.  You know there has to be several exclusives for both the holiday season or the blu ray release that are on the way as well.  Hey, maybe SDCC will actually hold some surprises this time around instead of us all finding out before hand.  I know I'm looking forward to seeing a better look at the Taun Taun, hopefully some more OT exclusives (like the Target Landspeeder, even if it is a repack), and maybe a peek at 2012.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Every year my hopes and dreams are destroyed when we don't see a Death Star playset or a Sail Barge.

So this year, I'm setting my wish list much lower...  TVC army builder sets announcement where you can get 4 Gammies, 4 RFTs, etc. for $30.00 via HTS or some other avenue, with enough sets to go around. 

Not gonna happen though.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 05:51 PM »
So - what in the world are the exclusives for Star Wars?  Either I am losing interest and have forgotten or are they still not announced?

edit:  Dur.  Forgot about the Giant Death Star set thingy.  Will there be anything else?  I am totally not interested in that giant set.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:52 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 1, 2011, 07:24 PM »
I am planning in getting the Indy set, G.I. Joe Zarana. I am looking foward to seeing the Tauntaun w/ Hoth Luke and beyond Walrus Man wave.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2011, 08:39 AM »
I kind of forgot but is the Indy set going to be online?  I do want that Death Star Revenge of the Jedi set but I will not.  I will just get what I can at the stores or online.   I am pretty much looking forward to anything that came from the films on the vintage cardbacks.  I would like to see Walrusman with the flipper hands, Doctor Evazan, and hopefully some upcoming figures we have not seen yet.  I am sure they will present or at least tell us the what the "deleted scenes" figures will actually be.  I to hold out no hopes of ever getting a decent Death Star playset(s).  As idiotic as I think that is, but oh well.  At least we will always have Woodrow and Yarna (yes I am happy we have both of them so don't anyone get mad at me). 

I am looking forward to see what they come up with from Clone Wars.  I really liked this last season so I hope maybe they have something up their sleeves from it that I may enjoy.  I guess they don't want to make Trandoshans which quite frankly rubs me the wrong way.  I enjoyed them quite a bit and would like to get several.  Just one battle pack full of them be nice.  At least get Bossk on a single card!

I am interested to see what kind of tie-ins they are going to have with the Blu-Ray sets.  I hope it's not going to be all repacks.  We'll see.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: July 4, 2011, 11:31 PM »
So this year, I'm setting my wish list much lower...  TVC army builder sets announcement where you can get 4 Gammies, 4 RFTs, etc. for $30.00 via HTS or some other avenue, with enough sets to go around.

Oh man...that would be awesome.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2011, 01:08 AM »
Hope to see more of the taun taun, perhaps the definitive version, not the prepainted
I to fond on medium ships, and I haven´t lost the hope of a bigger X Wing Fighter, with lights on the wings,
a sculpt decorated cockpit, taller to make the ladder of the toy "usable". With a Luke pilot of course, an update of the tlc snowspeeder one.

I am not sure, but 3 months before more or less, JTA showed an spoiler where Sim Aloo was scheduled, with a softgoods robe, the hat, pale skin, etc. That wave must be ready to appear on display.

Think this could be very much for Hasbro dudes, but if they are going to launch more Revenge of the Jedi figures, they can sell the tvc atst driver, from 2010 Attack on Hoth battlepack. This figure is the current evolution on at st drivers, and would be offered to collectors that can´t afford the whole pack yet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 10:58 AM »
I want photos/details on any of the following, if in fact they exist:

Assassin Spider Droid & Clone exclusive?            

Maridun Defense (Commander Bly, Lok Durd, Tee Watt Kaa, Wag Too)            
Kamino Leaders (Commander Colt, ARC Trooper Commander, ARC Trooper Captain, ARC Trooper Lieutenant)   
Vassek Infiltration (Kit Fisto, Commander Fil - other figures unknown)            

Clone Trooper R7 (Exclusive - Possibly Walmart)            
Echo in Bric Armor (Exclusive - Possibly Walmart)            

Wat Tambor (Exclusive - Possibly TRU)            

Baron Papanoida and Ion Papanoida (Exclusive - Possibly TARGET)            
Padmé Amidala and Moogan Soldier (Exclusive - Possibly TARGET)            

Vehicle and Figure Pack (Deluxe)            
Republic Stun Tank And Mace Windu            
BARC Speeder And Luminara Unduli      

All of those have been recently rumored but otherwise unconfirmed. I think many of these would dovetail nicely with the TCW line.    

I'd also like clarifications on the ACTUAL waves for the Deluxe sets, Battlepacks, and Mid-Size Vehicles due out for the line for the rest of this year. (Like, where are the Obi-Wan and Boba Deluxe sets? Which wave is the Mini Y-Wing part of? etc)

I would think they would HAVE to show us the new Mandalorian Gunship. I mean, outside of the Republic Artillery Cannon, this is the only other midsize vehicle we have even whiffed this year so far. And that Cannon thing is out already. (overseas)

I'd like to know what happened to the Flitknot Speeder TRU Exclusive that was show at ToyFair but never materialized.

Probably the thing I care least about is new figures, mostly because I don't think they will show us a damn thing we haven't seen already. They completely missed the boat on Savage Oppress and totally lost the heat of that reveal. There's already 3 whole waves yet to hit retail which we have seen, so I don't expect we will get much beyond that, unless maybe on a slide.

Pie in the sky? Twilight. T-6 Jedi Shuttle. Trandoshan/Wookie Battlepacks. Ziro the Hutt. Zillo Beast. Citadel Playset.

We can dream, right?

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy