Author Topic: SDCC 2011  (Read 46849 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2011
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 02:51 PM »
New speeder bike in 2012 according to GH
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58 PM »
LIL ANAKIN. 1000 times YES. :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Pretty cool stuff, but that makes 2011 in terms of basic carded figures a serious mess.  Waves 4-6 hit early, with poor distribution, Wave 7 now.  The we get Wave 9 with endless revision cases for the Revenge cards and that's it?  Am I missing something? 

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 03:07 PM »
And I will be curious as to how they define a HTF figure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 03:08 PM »
we get Wave 9 with endless revision cases for the Revenge cards and that's it?

Pretty much... going to be a slow Fall for basic figures.  Unless of course they try to push the TPM stuff out a little early (Nov/Dec).

And I will be curious as to how they define a HTF figure.

Pretty much everything from Wave 4-6, plus Wedge.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Would be nice if they tried to gauge demand some how other than just re-releasing the waves.  We are not going to need any of the ones that carried over - the AOTC Obi and Clone are sitting around a good bit, Jango is starting to as well.  I suppose they have production numbers and can go off of that at least a bit.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2011, 03:40 PM »
Very surprised to see that Hasbro is going to hold something back until NY Comic Con in October.  I may actually get to see something in person for once!

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2011, 03:57 PM »
I hope Sandstorm Lando has his helmet... doubt it, though.

And re-releasing Daultey Dofine? Really? Seriously? A peg-warming Saga2 figure? If they're going to release a Neimodian, please do Tey How or Nute Gunray... a Neimoidian people really want. (I know they're probably saving on tooling cost by releasing this guy, but he'll just join the ranks of Clones on the pegs)

A new TPM Anakin! And the last TPM Padme! I'll be curious to know which pilots are included with the TRU Pod Racer Pilot super-pack.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2011, 04:00 PM »
The new Anakin is the Padawan version  :'(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2011, 04:01 PM »
The new Anakin is the Padawan version  :'(

That one's dated, too, but yeah, he only has like, 10 seconds of screen-time compared to Tatooine Ani.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2011, 04:03 PM »

And re-releasing Daultey Dofine? Really? Seriously? A peg-warming Saga2 figure? If they're going to release a Neimodian, please do Tey How or Nute Gunray... a Neimoidian people really want. (I know they're probably saving on tooling cost by releasing this guy, but he'll just join the ranks of Clones on the pegs)

You're mistaking Daultay Dofine (from The Phantom Menace) with Lushros Dofine (from Revenge Of The Sith).  Lushros Dofine was the pegwarming figure from 2006's TSC line.  Believe it or not, Daultay Dofine has *SOME* people who want him since he had some dialogue.  I'd prefer him to another Nute Gunray or Rune Haako.  But in the same regard, this figure is THE REASON why some characters should be shortpacked.  The Neimoidians have been historic pegwarmers and the way you prevent a figure from being a pegwarmer is by shortpacking them.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Ahhh, okay. Dofines are all over the place then. Then I'm cool with him if he's new.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Although the TPM stuff for next year looks nice and all, and I'll pick up many (or all) of the basic figures, I think I'm a little bit let down by what was shown today.  Not really much new for the rest of this year (outside of exclusives), which I guess is ok budget-wise - and basically all TPM stuff for the first part of 2012.  I guess that is expected with the 3D release, but hopefully they don't overdo it.  It isn't like it is the most popular movie in the world with people, although we haven't seen much in the way of TPM product in quite some time which could help.

The ROTJ deleted scenes figures look nice, and I really hope they toss a helmet in with that Lando because it looks (from the early pics) that it could be a nice "ultimate" Skiff Lando.  The Mon Calamari Pilot and others are neat too.  Still probably most excited about the new Taun Taun and repainted Landspeeder, and at least we'll have plenty of time to find Ponda Baba and others for the rest of 2011.  Hopefully they make some good choices with "re-releasing" some of this year's waves in 2012.  Still, just didn't seem like they showed a whole lot - even counting the usual pre-show leaks and rumors.  I guess they have a showing at NYCC coming up which might bring more.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Luke's Tauntaun coming and no Hoth Luke = FAIL, Hasbro dropped the ball again.

Makes the Search For Luke Skywalker set a hopeless quest, huh?  ;)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2011, 07:08 PM »
It really does.

(Debbie downer alert) For the first time ever I can honestly say I feel let down and not impressed by the SDCC slide show. I am also really bummed that a wave I was really looking forward to Aayla, Evez and 501st have been bumped to 12. Did they confirm after the Ponda wave that's it until January? did they ever say when that wave will be out?

All of the TPM figures look great but what happened to Jar-Jar? Too many Pod guys in my opinion. And a WM exclusive wave with army builders, that will be fun to get.
They really botched this year up.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/