Author Topic: 2011 McDonald's Happy Meal Toys  (Read 2532 times)

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
2011 McDonald's Happy Meal Toys
« on: June 28, 2011, 10:32 AM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Returns_To_McDonalds_139127.asp

Man what do they have against giving us something we can use with the 3 inch figures?
I mean Star wars Toys = 3 inch figures why do they stubbornly refuse to acknowlegde this and try to reinvent the wheel with this stuff every time. Those CW skateboards were close to the mark. If happy meals had a 3 inch jawa or astromech or any small army builderish character or set peice or accesory, or even a static molded battle droid molded in  the right scale. I would gain a houdred pounds eating happy meals for every meal. Again, Marketing idiots.
I remember there was a cereal back in the 80s ( May have even been GI Joe Cereal) that came with cardboard cut outs on the box for GI Joe equipment, and I stil used and played with all that stuff for like a decade later. When I gave my Joes to my cousin, it was all still in the HQ

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 McDonald's Happy Meal Toys
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:44 PM »
I just don't think they gear everything toward collectors is all.  So IMO that doesn't make them marketing idiots, rather they're targeting different groups.  Getting a younger set of kids to start getting SW toys for "free" with a happy meal is maybe just a way of expanding their target buying group rather than catering to an already existing group. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 McDonald's Happy Meal Toys
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Not to mention that you can't really jam things together too obviously.  Hasbro's pretty protective of their toy license with SW...  Look at the Lego/Hasbro incident.

If Happy Meal stuff started crossing a line...  Well I can imagine Hasbro would protect the property.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77