Author Topic: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle  (Read 69925 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2012, 10:15 AM »
You could also just be stoked about getting a really rare item and a free ship for just $40.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Was able to get one of these at the local TRU with the help of a really nice employee.  There weren't any on the shelves, but there were 8 cases on the top of the display unopened (two different numbers on these, btw), and he was nice enough to pull them down and let me grab one.  The Mando Transport is now fully stocked with Mandalorian Warriors, and the Anakin JSF has been donated to Toys for Tots. :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2012, 07:05 PM »
These babies look great with my Mando army!

I'm glad to finally have my Mando collection completed. Hopefully Hasbro is kind enough to release the Mandalorian Starfighter at some point, as it would compliment the shuttle nicely.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32 PM »
That's a pretty awesome setup there Greg.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51 PM »
Just a heads-up. I went to TRU this morning and they had a whole bin in an aisle filled with these, there were only three in the regular Star Wars section. My store had 3 sets with the shuttle. So if you go out Friday, keep an eye peeled for this bin.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Everyone know these sets are $20 on BF ...errrr thursday?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Everyone know these sets are $20 on BF ...errrr thursday?

When does TRU open?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2012, 02:01 PM »
I don't know Justin...I'm all confused this year.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2012, 02:07 PM »
I believe the "50% off Clone Wars Vehicle 2-Packs" doorbuster deal goes from 8PM on Thanksgiving/Thursday until they close on Friday.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2012, 03:17 PM »
I'm probably down for about five total.  8)

Not just the Mando Transports though, I'm eyeing the V-19/Droid Gunship pack too, and probably the Assault Cannon. Maybe the Xanadu Blood as well.

It's just one of those stupid good deals that compel me to buy more than I normally would just because.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2012, 03:19 PM »
I'd rather have paid full price and just sit at home enjoying 2 ships for $20 a pop.

If one Mando shuttle's important enough for you to rush out on Thanksgiving night, just to save $20, I think that's pretty nutty to be honest.   :-\  Then again I didn't have Ani's ship so maybe I'm biased since I viewed it as 2 ships for $20 rather than 1 for $40...  Then again if you want the Mando shuttle that bad, is $40 even a ripoff to you?

The whole thing of stores opening on Thanksgiving is a shame, to me.  I'd rather be home.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01 PM »
I'd rather have paid full price and just sit at home enjoying 2 ships for $20 a pop.

If one Mando shuttle's important enough for you to rush out on Thanksgiving night, just to save $20, I think that's pretty nutty to be honest.   :-\  Then again I didn't have Ani's ship so maybe I'm biased since I viewed it as 2 ships for $20 rather than 1 for $40...  Then again if you want the Mando shuttle that bad, is $40 even a ripoff to you?

The whole thing of stores opening on Thanksgiving is a shame, to me.  I'd rather be home.

+1 though I won't fault anyone for going out to get one.  I used to be more into the Black Friday thing and I don't think 8PM on Thursday is any more crazy than 4am on Friday.  It is fun to people watch to a certain extent and to each their own.  I'll actually have a TRU fairly close to where I'm staying, but like you, not sure that I want to go out Thursday night in place of spending time with my family.  I got the ships online, so I will probably pass, but if I didn't have one of these, I'd be tempted to go out. 

What bugs me is that its impossible to keep track of everything with all of the retailers trying to one up each other.  I can't tell who opens and when and what will be available at any given time. Some stores have different deals on different days or even different times of the day - that is just insane.  I was hoping to get a few good deals on TVs this year, but trying to figure out what's available and when is driving me nuts.  I'd prefer to buy them online even, but most places haven't indicated when their online stuff will go up for sale (12:01AM on Thursday?).  Frankly, I find the whole Black Friday process to be a little embarrassing.  I can't imagine living in a third world country and watching the crazy Americans fight over half priced furby's on the news.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2012, 07:46 PM »
These babies look great with my Mando army!

I'm glad to finally have my Mando collection completed. Hopefully Hasbro is kind enough to release the Mandalorian Starfighter at some point, as it would compliment the shuttle nicely.

That's an awesome Death Watch army you've built!  And considering some of the season 5 trailers we've seen, we might have some more Mando's on the way in 2013. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2012, 10:07 PM »
Convinced the local TRU to break into their Black stash (15 cases on top shelf, 45 2-packs total) and scored myself one of these bad boys.  Used the 20% off item coupon from the ad this week, more than happy to finally have this HTF ship for $34 with tax...  oh, and like everyone else, the Anakin ship will end up in the Toys for Tots bin.  Something tells me they'll have a lot of those this year.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2012, 10:14 PM »
Hey, I'm keeping mine!  I'm a greedy **** I guess, but I needed it.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77