Author Topic: Sideshow Militaries 12" Battledroid 2-Pack  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Sideshow Militaries 12" Battledroid 2-Pack
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:53 PM »
The deal of the day here...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100024

12" Battledroid 2-Pack...

The Exclusive version is actually interesting, being the "1138" designation on one of them (unlike Gree who just has a stand).  I'm shocked for $120 they're selling 2 Battledroids though.  that seems very inexpensive. 

They seem really sharp though, but the guns look a tad small to me.  Maybe I'm just too used to Hasbro's sculpt though.  It probably is a smaller gun as I know Padme looks a little off holding the battledroid rifle.  It looks like a cannon.

Anyway, this was the surprise of the day for me...  2 12" figures for pretty cheap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Militaries 12" Battledroid 2-Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Wow, glad I stopped by right now.  Thanks for getting this info up.  Exclusive is almost sold out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:39 PM »
That didn't take long at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:31 PM »
They seem like a great price to be honest, still passing but pretty cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Yeah, $120 for 2 basically SA all-new sculpted 12" battledroids?  That's actually a steal and if you look at the poses on SS's site, they can acheive anything...  I like Hasbro's new ones, don't get me wrong, but I wish they were this good (and an 1138 in 3.75" scale would be kinda neat to get too, at some point).

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 02:02 PM »
I am a bit shocked at the price.  Your average clone now seems to be in line with the Gree price at $125.  The armor has been sculpted for quite some time now.  Only things that are different is a head sculpt (which is partly the same since they all based on the same actor) and the paint scheme.  The battle droids are all new bodies and sculpting and are at a price point that harkens back to the beginning prices points.  I think the original Jedi Luke was somewhere around $60 or less when he first came out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 02:05 PM »
I can't speak for the Clones since I don't own one, but I do have the Fleet Trooper whose helmet is a rigid plastic.  It's a higher quality material (just knowing how that type of plastic costs, compared to say poly-vinyl like SW figures are made otu of now for the most part).  If the Clone armor is the same rigid plastic, it's definitely a quality product...  I can see the price being up there, regardless, if that's the case.

Again though I don't own a Clone to know.  :-\  $120 though seems not too bad, plus isn't some of the gear new on a guy like Gree?  Or other guys getting a new helmet, or whatnot?  Again I could be wrong. 

Just seems like what you get is insanely worth the price to me.  I don't have the money to buy (right now), but wholely intend on playing catch up over time.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 03:23 PM »
I meant I was shocked that you are getting new sculpts at $60 a piece instead of more like $80-$100 a piece.  I have yet to take any of my clones out the box due to lack of display space so I'm not sure of the type of plastic used.  I would guess it is the more rigid type from the look of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 08:34 PM »
That's what I was thinking too, plus vinyl tends not to shine quite like styrene.

And I agree totally on the droids.  They were shockingly cheap IMO.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20 AM »
Great, they finally go cheap on something I don't even want  ???

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 02:13 PM »
The sculptors have advanced in the depiction of the articulation for BD. They included silver rings for the hip and knee joints. This detail remembers me the last interpretations of C3PO from Sideshow, the silver rings at neck base and shoulders articulation. Whereas 3 3/4 figures hardly spotted those minimum details.