Author Topic: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set  (Read 50428 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:27 PM »
We will be seeing this new TFU set - see bottom of the back of the box

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Saw this earlier today at the otheR site.  It looks like the following lineup:

-Starkiller (cloaked)
-Darth Phobos
-EVO Trooper
-Jump Trooper
-Trooper TBD

I hope this time around Starkiller will actually look like Sam Witwer.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:29 PM »
Gotta say I'm more interested in the Commandoes than more TFU...  Their choices for another boxed set seem rather weak ultimately.  The Commandoes are what I was waiting for though, despite having to rebuy something I should ultimately already have and be content with.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Hasbro's lineup for this box set (and to a lesser extent the RC set) makes it much more transparent that they're trying to keep costs down by repainting existing sculpts.  To that I give a loud and clear "BOOOOOOO!"  Especially since they're re-offering the EVO and Jump troopers AGAIN.  Why not reissue the Shadow Guard if you're going in that direction?  That figure was easily one of the more scarce offerings of the past 5 years.

They are, however, clearly trying to appeal to the video game generation of Star Wars fans.  I think that's an important direction for Hasbro to turn to in an effort to stay relavent.  But the fact that Hasbro has effectively done NOTHING for TFU II shows that they haven't been able to work effectively with LucasArts to market a line of video game based figures.  Is it Hasbro's reaction to getting burned by LucasArts because of the inordinate delays on the original Force Unleashed game, and the resulting delays for the figures they developed for that game?  Possibly.  Video games have been notorious for release delays.  But you would think that with a multi-million dollar licensing deal such as Hasbro has with Lucasfilm that SOMEHOW they would be able to work out the kinks on a release schedule for video game figures.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:52 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Yay, the Jump Trooper and Evo Trooper didn't do much for me the first two times. There's something too EU video-gamey about them (those shoulder pads for one), and Evo's elbow suck for two handed weapons poses. Maybe the other trooper is the one they pulled from last year, semi-transparent stormtrooper.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Have the costs of these sets been determined yet?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 09:00 AM »
Yea! More troopers. Can't wait to see how these turn out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Looks like the Starkiller is this version.

Which is just one of the extra outfits. It's not even in the real game.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards not even getting that TFU 2 set at this point.  It seems very uninspired.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 06:27 PM »
Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards not even getting that TFU 2 set at this point.  It seems very uninspired.

These are still figures from the first game, not the second one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 06:31 PM »
I'll probably get this set if the figures look good.  I'm more interested in getting the Delta squad set though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 04:43 AM »
I agree with what Jesse said, the set does seem very uninspired. I was shocked to see Darth Phobos in the picture, considering she only appears in the PS2 version! She's not even essential to the game/story. Isn't that outfit that Starkiller is wearing the outfit that he wears at the very end of the game, when he fights Vader and Palpatine?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 10:03 AM »
I will get this set but I must agree that the choices are 'meh". I would have rather had a straight repack of Rahm Kota included that one of the 3 troopers. It's sets like these that make me despise clones. Hasbro has a good bandana tool from Joe that could have been used to make him blind, they could have used that tool and redecoed the eyes blueish white to pull it off without any new tooling to make a figure that fans actually want. Here is the Jinx figure it came with , it does fit Rahm:

I am really surprised they went with Phobos over Karzadan Praxious (I know I spelled it wrong but you know who I mean). Watch the other trooper be the Jetpack trooper from star Tours.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32 AM »
I feel like most of the Force Unleashed releases have been troopers, which is surprising, as they were the least impressive characters in the story. It would be cool to get a young Princess Leia and R2 double pack.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 10:37 AM »
I guess we have to wait until tomorrow for the reveal on the TFU 5-pack.  The back of the package is only going to show us so much at this point.  I'm still a little disappointed by the inclusion of 3 troopers in this set, but that is what it is.  Most of all I want to see this new version of Galen Marek / Starkiller and Darth Phobos.

Feedback