Author Topic: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set  (Read 50419 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set
« Reply #45 on: August 4, 2011, 05:29 PM »
The Blu-Ray sets are all old figures. No new tooling needed at all.  TFU pack is 4 (?) new figures.  5 figures for 39.99 is still only 8.00 a figure, cheaper than TVC.

Then I guess the Revenge of the Jedi Carded figures will be cheaper than previous Vintage because they are all old figures.

I don't buy the tooling costs argument. Not from a huge company like Hasbro. Not even for an exclusive.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 4, 2011, 11:19 PM »
I think it's a question of exclusive vs. an assortment that is being carried by anyone who wants to order it from Hasbro. So all online retailers have it, all of the brick-and-mortar stores have it, etc... The volume of production and ordering for the BluRay sets is probably much higher than the Force Unleashed set. For the TFU set, I'd be inclined to believe that TRU ordered whatever the Minimum Order Quantity and that's it.

It's like that with everything. I get the clear stands from Marauder Inc. - if you get 25, I think it's like $0.35 a stand, if you get 50 it comes down to $0.30 and if you order 100 it's all the way down to roughly $0.25 a stand. Same thing is true with Star Cases from ProTech, the more you order the cheaper it is per unit.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 4, 2011, 11:48 PM »
Hasbro's accounting spreads costs out a bit too...  It's tough to compare exclusives and mainline product because exclusives are shopped around and whoever picks them up picks them up, sometimes they're developed specifically for too, but when it comes to mainline stuff the accounting seems to change a bit...  A wave's costed out across a wave.  I'd assume the BluRay sets are costed out different than an exclusive set too then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 7, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Anybody interested in just the Sith figures or want to sell their troops from this pack, please let me know. I want to army build the troopers.

I just want the Human guy, so YES very interested in that.   I am going to end up with at least 3 of the guy, so you could have a platoon easily.   Somebody is going to have to call dibs on the Day-Glo Rasberry Icee Female Jedi.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #49 on: August 7, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Anybody interested in just the Sith figures or want to sell their troops from this pack, please let me know. I want to army build the troopers.

I just want the Human guy, so YES very interested in that.   I am going to end up with at least 3 of the guy, so you could have a platoon easily.   Somebody is going to have to call dibs on the Day-Glo Rasberry Icee Female Jedi.

Great, Paul. Let me know if you find any. I'll keep you posted as well.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 7, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Came up empty today. But the y had been there.  I saw the Republic commando pack.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 8, 2011, 04:54 PM »

I just might be your huckleberry, lmk if you guys score this. I only am interested in Phobos, so we could possibly do a 3 way split.

Thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 9, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Picked up this set today.  The Naval Trooper & Officer are pretty awesome.  And I like this version of Starkiller.  But Darth Phobos?  I'm REALLY on the fence with her.  It's as if they decided to turn Rystall from Jabba's Palace into a Sith Lord.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08 AM »
Dang, I really thought Phobos would turn out as the cooler figure from this pack, but she's probably the worst! - the detail on her lightsaber is stunning though. Almost looks like real metal.

One reason to pick up the figure were it single-carded. ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 08:54 AM »
It's interesting to see as I search for this set that the Commando set isn't moving at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Received a handful of the TFU Troopers and Officers in the mail yesterday.  Both are really nice - I just think the "Fett antenna" is lame. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Saw these for the first time today and actually really liked it. The Troops were pretty cool actually, as was Starkiller, the Sith chick was the lamest part. Still ended up snagging the Commando set since I never had the first one but I wouldn't mind snagging this one in the future.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Got some of the troopers in the mail myself. Have to say that these are a very nice addition to the imperial army.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 08:56 AM »
After opening the set, I seems to me that, over all, the quality of the paint apps are kind of cheep.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Paint aps are downhill now for just about everything, since 2008.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77