Author Topic: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set  (Read 50422 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Since it's theft, I really don't find it "funny" myself...  Generally I don't think things are put back in that are superior to what was taken, and in my experience they don't generally sell either, clogging up more stuff from coming in.  I just look at it as sad more than anything.  Pathetic...  If you're that poor, you should probably just quit collecting and focus on things like food, utilities, and such.

I've found if you give it to management, point it out, it doesn't come back out onto the floor...  It's just sad that you're seeing it more and more now, and it seemed to really spike in 2008 I noticed, and has just continued from there.

I'm not sure I'd consider what's in that pack worth buying and keeping compared to getting the TFU set of figures it should have, but some of the figures are ok ones.  Nothing I'd call rare or even tough to find, but not all POTF2 stuff either I guess.  I just don't see it as good I guess, but that's me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2011, 07:48 PM »
See I wish my stores got hilarious swaps like those... the best I've ever gotten was a 30AC Assault on the Tantive Battle Pack that had the Stormies and RFTs replaced with POTF2 Ceremony Luke, Han, Obi-Wan and Palpatine. I might still have a pic of that on an old dead cell phone somewhere. But usually we just have figures stolen or packages broken into.

For example, I snapped these pics on a toy run today... the Stormie is at WM and the Hulk is at a TRU across the highway:

I mean, I can't believe this would even be allowed to stay on the shelves, yet there they are, and that's what really ticks me off. Obviously nobody is going to buy this, so why leave it on the pegs? I find it odd that every time I move all of the figures in a certain line onto one peg (to show how empty the pegs are) an employee rushes over to spread them out in less than a minute, while this crap stays on the pegs for weeks on end.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Yeah that's simply theft...  When I was out of school and did retail management, you'd be amazed how much of that type of stuff goes all day long.  Usually a kid too, sadly.  Even dumb stuff...  Cuff links.  Cheap cuff links.  Just goofy **** that kids are just compelled to try and steal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28 PM »
I mean, I can't believe this would even be allowed to stay on the shelves, yet there they are, and that's what really ticks me off. Obviously nobody is going to buy this, so why leave it on the pegs? I find it odd that every time I move all of the figures in a certain line onto one peg (to show how empty the pegs are) an employee rushes over to spread them out in less than a minute, while this crap stays on the pegs for weeks on end.

Yeah - I see this kind of b.s. in my stores too and just like Diddly reports, if you sort the pegs to put the figures on their correct pegs based on assortment, you can literally walk around the aisle and by the time you come back around, an employee will have run over and re-fronted the Clone Wars pegs with Legends figures.  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2011, 09:35 PM »
At least they swapped them with Star Wars figures. No doubt they could have swapped them with Green Lantern, Ben 10 and Power Rangers and the folks at customer service wouldn't have batted an eyelash.

Slightly off topic but has anyone ever opened a vehicle box to discover something totally different inside?
Post sober.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2011, 11:03 PM »
Since it's theft, I really don't find it "funny" myself... 

Don't mistake amusement for approval or endorsement. Yes, it's stealing. If the folks at the return counter weren't dolts (or just plain don't care) it would happen less often. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Slightly off topic but has anyone ever opened a vehicle box to discover something totally different inside?

Happened to me once... was super pissed at the time - can you tell?

Made a lunch run over to Northtown TRU hoping to get lucky...
- TRU New Interceptor?  Yep.    ;D

Goddamned mother ******* ****. 

So, I get my new TRU Interceptor home tonight and open it up...  and it's got a ******* PotJ Interceptor inside the box.

I can't believe that some ****head out there swapped it already.  It's brand ******* new!  How the **** could they have already done a swap?  WTF!?!?  I can't even begin to describe the way my heart sunk when I pulled that ****** vintage TIE ball out of the box.   :'(

Guess I'm going back there to give them a piece of my mind...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16 AM »
Remember the days when people use to steal the red r2 from the Queen's Starship. It got so bad that an intact Queen's Starship was a rare thing. Hasbro even gave away free red R2s if you write to them complaining the red R2 was missing!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38 AM »

Happened to me once... was super pissed at the time - can you tell?

Made a lunch run over to Northtown TRU hoping to get lucky...
- TRU New Interceptor?  Yep.    ;D

Goddamned mother ******* ****. 

So, I get my new TRU Interceptor home tonight and open it up...  and it's got a ******* PotJ Interceptor inside the box.

I can't believe that some ****head out there swapped it already.  It's brand ******* new!  How the **** could they have already done a swap?  WTF!?!?  I can't even begin to describe the way my heart sunk when I pulled that ****** vintage TIE ball out of the box.   :'(

Guess I'm going back there to give them a piece of my mind...

How'd you resolve it? I'm interested to know how Toys R Us reacted.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2011, 12:28 PM »
How'd you resolve it? I'm interested to know how Toys R Us reacted.

I took it back to TRU the next day and explained what happened... much to my surprise, they put up very little fight about returning it.

Obviously, I ran over to TRU at lunch.  Customer Service was very understanding when I told them about the swaperoo and how I wanted an exchange and it was no problem.

I went back and grabbed the second Interceptor (which thankfully was still where I stashed it).  The CS gal had me open it up at the desk to make sure it was the right one and this time it looked to be OK - correct cockpit ball with ejector seat & control stick, correct color wings, correct EVO pilot pack-in.

Thanks again to the major prick out there who decided to screw over TRU.  Nice job, dickwad.  ::)  I really hope that someone from our group runs into one of these notorious swappers so that he gets the punch in the nuts he deserves.  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2011, 01:06 PM »
I saw a swapped out TRU set yesterday at TRU here in Atlanta. Darth Phobos was replaced by the TCW Senate Guard, and Starkiller was replaced by the Vader from the Birth BP. Unbelievable. I have never seen anything like that back in VA thank God.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Remember the days when people use to steal the red r2 from the Queen's Starship. It got so bad that an intact Queen's Starship was a rare thing. Hasbro even gave away free red R2s if you write to them complaining the red R2 was missing!

Is that offer still good?  :D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2011, 06:15 PM »

Is that offer still good?  :D

Wow, I don't remember hearing they would do that for people.  It took me forever to find one with the Red R2 still in the box and I think I paid a premium for it.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Since it's theft, I really don't find it "funny" myself... 

Don't mistake amusement for approval or endorsement. Yes, it's stealing. If the folks at the return counter weren't dolts (or just plain don't care) it would happen less often.

True, and I'm sure you're not approving...  I just find it very distasteful I guess.  It affects everything ultimately.  It's like cheating on your taxes, or false insurance claims and stuff...  Just meh.

I can't blame the retail employees though, honestly.  They make nothing, and know absolutely nothing about what they're taking back.  To them, they see an opened package and ask if anything's wrong with it, and the person just says no, and they take it back...  One SW figure is the same as the next.

Hell, someone took a Vinty Vader, and replaced it with a candy container thing from the checkout aisle, of Vader, and KM took it back near me...  Pathetic?  Yes.  I pointed it out to them at the counter and they were happy to take it off the floor as a theft.  They were shocked.  To them, it was just a Vader on a card and the guy who returned it lied.  *shrugs*

If you're paid well, I expect a certain level of professionalism...  If you're making $8 or $9 an hour taking back a million different products in a store like WM though, what are you gonna do?  :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2011, 10:08 PM »
I'm with you on pretty much all of that Jesse.  Something like the TFU set - who knows what figures are supposed to be in there unless you're a collector or fan?  That said, I do think they could take 15-20 sec to scan the package.  Maybe some guys have expert sealing materials, but you can usually tell when something has been resealed.  Also scan the back of the package, which almost always clearly shows a picture of the figure inside.  I can see someone arguing that the figure was mis-packed or is a variation, but you should be able to tell the difference between a figure and a pez dispenser or a Tatooine hut and a tupperware bowl.  $8 or $9 an hour should still get you that much - this isn't India tech support we're talking about here.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today