Author Topic: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set  (Read 50418 times)

Offline The Empire

• Youngling
  • Heir to the Empire
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I got this set a little while ago. It's pretty good, but 40 bucks wasn't the amount I wanted. I hope to get my pictures up, but I'm over my limit on Flickr.
You think of us as heartless men in white cloned for nothing but destruction! But we are men, darn it! We will fight until the end calls to us! We are full-hearted and loyal! We are, an Empire UNITED!

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2011, 11:20 PM »
Check out the Front page story on the Swapped Figure Pack. what are your thoughts?
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Actually, that is kind of a cool set.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38 PM »
I can't believe that not only did they accept the return, they put that back on the shelf!  How stupid can you be?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55 PM »
I think someone on Yakface saw the Republic Commando set swapped out with the figures from the 2006 set too. Ridiculous.

I've seen more of this swapping happening in the last 5 years than I have in all my years of collecting. Pretty much any exclusive set or Battle Pack with an exclusive figure (such as Obi-Wan's hut with the awesome Luke) I've seen swapped out at at least one store. There's one WM here that has had figures torn right out of the bubble... and they continue to hang the empty boxes on the pegs front and center. But employees could care less (and honestly, I don't blame them, I used to work at Target).

Personally any time I see something like that I try to trash the box so that no casual buyers would even thing of touching it, an idea I stole from someone here I believe. My best work was done with that Target exclusive Wedge X-Wing a few years ago, which had the new SA Wedge swapped out with an older one. Stomped that box pretty good. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2011, 02:35 AM »
I've been seeing this a lot more since 2008, once all the price increases began.

I see lots of vehicles that have a pack-in missing the pack-in now, and sets like the one that features Cad Bane I've seen missing Bane now since he's the "draw" for that set.

That one though, that's pathetic.

My local KM was routinely getting hit by someone doing figure swapping though, and that really pissed me off to the point I took it to the front desk...  They were actually really cool about it too, and were surprised at someone even thinking about stealing an action figure.  It never even dawned on them that anyone would give a hoot and they just figured they were taking an opened toy back.

To this day (I didn't take this one back, but should) there is a COmmander Cody figure from TCW, but has the Vintage AT-AT Commander stuck in there (no rifle, but completely otherwise).  Go figure.

It's a shame...  If you can't afford to collect, quit collecting.  Don't be a dick.  Buy food instead, and focus less on little plastic men.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2011, 06:40 AM »
This is why I hate to use eBay or a secondary market. This is happening because people are getting top dollar for those exclusive figures, and when you combine the extra they make on the shipping even after they give you a break for multiple purchases they are sitting on a cash cow. Using this approach the seller has no or very little cost, and walks away with close to or sometimes more than the cost of the original item. The only way to stop this is to not buy opened items on the secondary market, but we know that won't happen.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30 AM »
Wow, that set is...mostly awful.  Sandtrooper and Clone Pilot arent worth anything.  The emperor isn't very exciting, but that's not a bad version and he hasn't been available for a while.  I don't get why Asaj and Obi Clone Armor are in there though...I thought those were kind of cool figures and a little more on the rare side.  Maybe the guy had a pang of guilt about returning pure crap on a stick and decided to upgrade the set a little?  I don't get the thinging behind figure exchange, and the figure selection here just proves further that the guy is mentally disturbed
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2011, 11:44 AM »
I see this kind of thing all the time. I know of one TRU that at one point had nothing but swaps. I remember even buying one set because it was better than what was in the original packing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Pre my constant use of the internet to know about all variations ASAP I bought a POTF2 Jabba w/ Han in Carbonite thinking it was a variation only to later find out it was just someone switching out Han's.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Check out the Front page story on the Swapped Figure Pack. what are your thoughts?

That's just brazen.  But then I've been seeing a lot more swapping in the past couple of years, too.  One of my recent favorites was a Geonosis Arena 2-pack where Shaak Ti had been replaced with Willrow Hood.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2011, 03:35 PM »

That's just brazen.  But then I've been seeing a lot more swapping in the past couple of years, too.  One of my recent favorites was a Geonosis Arena 2-pack where Shaak Ti had been replaced with Willrow Hood.

LOL!  Well we know it wasn't Pearson.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Scott should autograph it and it should be given away.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2011, 05:30 PM »
I think it's a waste of time to get angry over, because usually the stores don't care. And if they do notice, it adds to the (sometimes irrational) animosity that retailers (or their employees) seem to often have for collectors. (Like the dimwits who took a job at TRU ignorant to the fact that, yes, adults collect toys, and yes, they can be as annoying customers as anyone else.)

I think swapping  funny more than anything else, especially the weirdos who put customs in the returned item, like the now legendary Ponda Baba painted as Bossk.

Isn't that the better ROTS evolutions Clone Pilot? I'd considering keeping that over the Evo Trooper.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2011, 05:53 PM »
My all time fav was the tupperware bowl in the Lars homestead pack, was that here where I saw that one?