Author Topic: 2011 Sky Striker  (Read 8500 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
2011 Sky Striker
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:23 AM »
People have been finding the Skystriker at Target stores around the country.  Sounds like most stores are receiving a case of three to start.  I managed to buy one from a local Target by using the dpci.  087 06 1686

It's a very nice remake.  The plastic is quite a bit darker and duller than the original.  Some missiles fall off easily.  The front landing gear tends to drop down a little when wings are closed. 

It comes with extra yellow stripes, emblems and several different character labels to customize or utilize when army building. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Sky Striker
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 01:47 AM »
I saw the reports that this was being found.  I'm looking forward to picking one up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:54 AM »
Nice find SP!  I totally spaced on this thing.  Haven't had to use the jedi mind trick at Target in quite some time, but I think it's time.

Is it still $30-$35ish ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:01 PM »
$35.  I already helped pay for it by selling the Ace figure that I didn't want and some of the alternate labels that I didn't use. 

I tempted to buy a second so I can use the alternate yellow stripe labels.  They also come with extra character labels to make more variations.  People are going to be buying a lot of these for customs.

Here are the alternate/extra labels that come with the set.

Here's Ace. 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:06 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:15 PM »
My local Target finally had this showing as 'limited availablility' on the Find-In-Store site, so I checked it out. They had the new SW waves and three-packs, so I figured I could get a Skystriker. They told me to wait for the reset.

Bummer.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:10 PM »
Scored one of these this morning without using the mindtrick.  Guess I'll wait for Starscream and put them together/sticker them up at the same time.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Cracked open my Joe Striker tonight..not too thrilled with the gummy soft plastic or the missles that fall off if you look at them wrong, but I enjoyed putting it together like the old days.  Guess Screamer will be no different.  Was it the children of the 90's that ruined it for us with this drop test crap?  I never hurt myself with Hasbro as a kid in the 80's.  I like my vintage brittle/hard plastic Striker version better mostly.... meh...guess things will at least "look" better when I spend a couple hours applying stickers to these jets?  I dunno.  Oh and Ace can't quite see through his helmet properly, but at least he can hold his gun in both hands...that's a plus.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 2, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Saw these at Target today and was mighty tempted.  If there is still one there this weekend, I may bite.  I've cut back pretty significantly on Joe stuff since the 25th line ended (except for the odd figure here or there that fits in with that), and don't have the room for a lot of vehicle stuff like that - but the Skystriker is something I always wanted as a kid, and I wouldn't mind having one.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2011, 01:32 AM »
Found at Target today.  One on the shelf so I'm assuming somone was already in the aisle.  I didn't buy it since I just spent a bunch of cash on SDCC exclusives and there were a couple SW items in stock I wanted.  If they have one next week on payday I may get it.

No new 4" figs and the only 12" they stocked was the new paratrooper.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: August 5, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Finaly got one of these at Target today. It's awesome. I'm not a 12" collector, but the new ones look neat.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 8, 2011, 06:35 PM »
These are starting to warm the Target shelves around here.  Hopefully, sales pick up when kids start buying them or requesting them for gifts.  Otherwise, clearance in December.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42 PM »
I saw this today but I was not moved to purchase it at full price.