Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137489 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #210 on: May 5, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Just got back from the matinee with my wife.  Awesome movie.  There was just the right mix of action, dialogue and humor.  Will definitely see it again on the big screen before it goes away.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24 PM »

I didn't quite get the second final clip....

SPOILER
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'Right after they revived Stark at the end of the final battle, he said he wanted to have shawarma with all of them and that he didn't even know what it was, but he wanted to try it.  The final scene showed them eating shawarma together.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 5, 2012, 11:48 PM »
'Right after they revived Stark at the end of the final battle, he said he wanted to have shawarma with all of them and that he didn't even know what it was, but he wanted to try it.  The final scene showed them eating shawarma together.

This still makes no sense to me....even though this makes sense..in some sense
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #213 on: May 6, 2012, 12:08 AM »
The final scene was pure, gratuitous Whedon.  With the way he knocked this one out of the park, he was due some indulgence.    ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 6, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Mmmmm. Shawarma. Good stuff.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #215 on: May 6, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 6, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Best moment of the movie: Hulk beating the **** out of Loki at the end.  Me, my wife, and everyone I could see around me had their mouths dropped open in disbelief.  So sick.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 6, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Best moment of the movie: Hulk beating the **** out of Loki at the end.  Me, my wife, and everyone I could see around me had their mouths dropped open in disbelief.  So sick.

That, and when the guy was playing Galaga.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 6, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Stark in the helli carrier bridge when he looked around at the monitors with one hand over an eye, took me a second to work out what he was doing, then when he said it I laughed so hard.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 6, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Same here, my favorite moment of the movie (in a movie that was full of them).  That got big cheers in the showing we went to on Saturday as well.  I agree with everything that everyone has said...just an amazing movie.  Deserves all the acclaim (and money) it is getting.  I hope to see it again before it leaves theaters.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 6, 2012, 10:05 PM »

That and when Hulk and Thor finish tearing into a big alien creature.  Thor looks ready to shake his hand only to have Hulk knock him out.  Priceless.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #221 on: May 6, 2012, 10:49 PM »
This...

Although my only real beef is that Hulk went from uncontrollable raging monster to Superhero with no real explanation.  I'm still not hip on the lineup they used (again Mr and Mrs Pym would have been my choice).  That said...it was absolutely and totally awesome.  I've been a Marvel and Avengers fan since I started reading comics in 4th grade.  I got chills when they circled up in uniform down on the street.  Maybe next time Cap will yell "Avengers Assemble!"
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 11:03 PM by Scott »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 6, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Although my only real beef is that Hull went from uncontrollable raging monster to Superhero with no real explanation. 

This was the same question my wife had leaving the theater.  Not sure how to explain that one either...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 6, 2012, 11:24 PM »
I took it that the Hulk is somewhat simple minded and just needed to be pointed in the right direction.  If you go back to the TV show, he wasn't without heart or compassion.  When there's an invasion, Cap points him at the bad guys and he goes to town, but he still saves that punch for Thor, so he's not all Super Hero exactly.  You also have to think that the Hulk learns and has memmories just like Banner does.  Maybe he starts figuring out what side to be on after the Hellicarier battle.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: May 7, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Thanks for reminding me Justin...the first Hulk transformation with the ripping shirt was good flashbacks to the TV show