Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Avengers (SPOILERS)

<< < (58/105) > >>

Nicklab:
A little bit about the Avengers sequel from director Joss Whedon:

--- Quote ---   
September 11, 2012 4:59 PM ET
Still riding high on the success of "The Avengers" (currently the third highest grossing movie of all time worldwide), writer-director Joss Whedon is opening up (just a little) about his plans for the sequel.

In the midst of charming the Toronto Film Festival with the premiere of his new low budget Shakespeare adaptation "Much Ado About Nothing" -- starring frequent collaborators Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion and Sean Maher -- Whedon spoke with Vancouver's 24 Hours about returning to the Marvel universe.

"The creation of the [Avengers] team is not the happy ending," Whedon says in the interview. "It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me."

Twisting that knife will have to wait a little while. "The Avengers 2" isn't due until 2015, after we've seen more solo Avenger pics including "Iron Man 3" (due May 3, 2013), "Thor: The Dark World" (Nov. 8, 2013) and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (April 4, 2014). Marvel also has another superhero team project in the works with "Guardians of the Galaxy" due out Aug. 1, 2014.

As to how involved he'll be in his role as a consultant to the many projects in the Avengers' universe, Whedon said he expects his contributions to be minimal: "Very talented people are writing and directing these movies and what I don't want to be is the guy they dread, who's going to come in and say [in a pompous British accent] 'Oh, well I have the power to say change this.' I'm not that."

--- End quote ---

Diddly:
Got Avengers at Target today... got the super duper 3D/BR/DVD set because there was some sort of ad error so Target marked it down to $20, same price as the regular set, so why not.

Exclusive wise: Target has a 90 minute bonus disc with every set, Best Buy has a $70 set that includes a $30 Sideshow gift card and a poster and Wal-Mart has a free comic book (my store did not have this version ::))

Brian:
Just posted this in the BD/DVD thread as well.  Yeah, I noticed that Target's online weekly ad listed it at $19.99, while the paper ad (and shelf tags) had $24.99.  Mine rang up at $19.99 as well, so I was happy to see that.  Good price for the movie alone, let alone all the extra discs that version comes with.

Nicklab:
It looks like Joss Whedon is letting some info slip about Avengers 2, and that a brother & sister from the storied past of the Avengers may be coming to the next installment with Earth's mightiest heroes.

Scockery:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on April 25, 2013, 01:05 PM ---It looks like Joss Whedon is letting some info slip about Avengers 2, and that a brother & sister from the storied past of the Avengers may be coming to the next installment with Earth's mightiest heroes.

--- End quote ---

Northstar and Aurora? Awesome. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version