Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137557 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #435 on: May 13, 2015, 10:33 PM »
Saw it today. It was okay. Entertaining but nowdays everything's so CGI overload, that it becomes a bit numbing after awhile.
 I think having the final conflict/crisis around a fictional country didn't give as much stakes, even if the whole world was also at risk.
Baron Strucker becomes another underused bit player...he could've been on Agents of SHIELD, not like Thomas Kretchsmann hasn't done tv before (THE RIVER).

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2015, 08:11 AM »
It was odd how Strucker was killed unceremoniously off-screen.  Makes me wonder if that was another of the cut storylines.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 16, 2015, 11:44 AM »
I was finally able to go out and see it last night.  Definitely going to need to see it again before I rank it in terms of the other MCU movies.  I think my main 'problem' was that I saw it with my wife who is not a big fan of continuous fighting scenes, so she had pretty much checked out by the time they made it to South Africa...

*Spoilers* in my commentary.

I definitely enjoyed it and continue to laugh at the unexpected humor (e.g., Hawkeye talking about Quicksilver).  But some of the opening fight scenes were too over the top/CGI for my liking (thinking when Cap throws the motorcycle).  I know that we are talking about a Superhero movie though so I take that stuff in stride.

I thought that Spader was the perfect voice for Ultron.  But not having been a die-hard Avengers comic book fanboy, the introduction of the Ultron project by Stark/Banner and then the realization of it in the movie was a bit too fast for my understanding/liking.  It was as if the entire backstory of it had already been introduced in another movie that I had missed and I wasn't in on the information...

I'm going to miss having J.A.R.V.I.S. as the voice/operating system inside the Iron Man suits.  Not sure how I feel about F.R.I.D.A.Y. yet and will have to see how things go in Cap 3 before I finalize that opinion.

So overall, another solid, entertaining and enjoyable Marvel production that I'm sure will rank high on my list once I've had a chance to dissect it over and over again.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 25, 2015, 08:49 AM »
Joss Whedon keeps on talking about Avengers - Age of Ultron, alternate endings, plot points as well as disagreements with the studio.

Personally I'm a little disappointed that Whedon wasn't able to get the grey Hulk into the fight sequence with the Hulkbuster.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:54 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 25, 2015, 02:57 PM »
I kind of wish they had brought you-know-who back at the end as filmed.  He was shaping up to be cooler than I expected.  The extra Hulk scene would have been cool as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 17, 2015, 02:09 PM »
so FINALLY went and saw avengers 2.
i don't know why but was very unimpressed.
i've LOVED all the other anvengers related movies so far, but still on the fence bout IM3. and this just did nothing for me. i've tried to stay away from reviews/ forums regarding the movie cuz i didn't want to ruin it so i'm not sure if i'm in minority here. but i feel like i should've just gone and seen jurasic world instead.  :'(
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #441 on: January 4, 2016, 08:19 PM »
"Creed" director Ryan Coogler Confirmed as Marvel’s Black Panther Director

Haven't checked out Creed yet, but the accolades I've read point to this being a solid choice.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 23, 2016, 10:27 PM »
I saw the first one 10 times in the theaters.  Really just so awesome and I can't wait for Infinity War parts 1 and 2.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2017, 11:58 AM »
I mean, I guess I'll see it.  :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #445 on: November 29, 2017, 12:02 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this.  Something they've been building towards for 10 years!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Sheesh, awesome much?   :D

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2017, 01:33 PM »
All that's left now is when someone opens a portal to AGFFA and Luke / Rey join the Avengers to bust some Thanos ass.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2017, 06:34 PM »
Looks like Justice League with more lighting.  :D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Looks like Justice League with more lighting.  :D

Too soon!   ;D

I'm intrigued.  It looks like there are several factions of Avengers, at the very least.  Dr. Strange and Wong both seem to be in the mix, along with Spider-man.  Wakanda seems to be a significant setting, so you have to think that the Black Panther movie will have some linkage to this movie.  And it's a cool nod to the comics to see a blonde Black Widow, too.

Feedback