Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137492 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2017, 12:07 PM »
So much awesome.  They must be fighting Thanos on multiple fronts, with Iron Man, Spidey, Strange, (maybe Vision and Scarlet Witch) etc. in New York versus the team they show in the big Wakanda battle.  Nice to see Panther apparently has a big role in this. 

I'm a little surprised that we're getting War Machine and Winter Soldier, and a little bummed to not see Ant-Man or Hawkeye.  I think Hawk was in one of the early scenes with his back to the camera, maybe in space? And maybe Ant Man's there, but too small to notice.  Not seeing any of them (or Witch or Vision) in the big battle charge has me concerned, but maybe they're all just over on the NY team. 

I'm worried that this might be the last we see of Iron Man too.   :-\

*EDIT* Just noticed Hulk Buster IM is fighting the hoardes in Wakanda.  YES!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:59 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2017, 03:22 PM »
So are we guessing the mystery infinity stone is in Wakanda then?

I forget where the red one went after Thor 2.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2017, 03:30 PM »
So are we guessing the mystery infinity stone is in Wakanda then?

I forget where the red one went after Thor 2.

The Aether (or whatever it was) went to the Collector in the after credits scene in Thor 2.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2017, 06:33 PM »
+1 on the Aether.  When Volstagg and Sif brought the Aether to Knowhere at the end of Thor - The Dark World, they made a point of saying that it was unwise to keep two Infinity Stones in the same place.

As for their current whereabouts?
-The Mind Stone - Originally in Loki's scepter in the first Avengers film, and now in the care of the Vision on Earth
-The Cosmic Cube - In Loki's possession on board the Asgardian ship as of the end of Thor - Ragnarok
-The Aether - In the custody of the Collector on Knowhere
-The Orb - Acquired by Star Lord in GotG, and in the safe keeping of the Nova Corps on Xandar
-The Time Stone, which may or may not be in the possession of Dr. Strange.

That would leave one stone unrevealed at this point in time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Speculation I've read has the Soul Stone in the protection of Heimdall.  There was a line in Thor: TDW where he says he can see 10 trillion souls across the 9 realms so the prevailing theory is that he can only do this because of the Soul Stone.  Then there was Thor's vision in Age of Ultron where Heimdall is blind and says Thor has killed them all.  The blindness could be because he no longer has the Soul Stone.  If the scene at the end of Ragnarok is in fact Thanos' ship, then perhaps he's getting the Soul Stone and the Tesseract at the same time (which may be the two stones we see clearly in the trailer).  Loki does seem to be stepping over a bunch of dead bodies while he's holding the Tesseract.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #455 on: December 1, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Pretty sure the second stone in the trailer is the purple one Nova has from GOTG1.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 1, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Pretty sure the second stone in the trailer is the purple one Nova has from GOTG1.

The Vanity Fair cover shoot had A LOT of people in it.  And I'm pretty sure I spotted Glenn Close in there, which is notable since she played Nova Prime in GOTG, and took custody of that stone.

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #457 on: December 1, 2017, 10:15 AM »
So yeah - I'm gonna say that last stone has to be in Wakanda.  Possibly the source of Wakanda's advanced tech.  No real reason for Thanos to invade the place otherwise.  Unless that's where they take Vision to hide him after Dr. Strange gets his stone jacked in NYC.

It doesn't seem very efficient that Thanos would grab the Nova stone and the Cosmic Cube and NOT visit the Collector before heading to Earth to gather the other 3...  but it looks like he only has 2 when he first fights Stark.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Not sure if I've put this in the right thread or not, but what did you guys think of the new Black Panther movie preview that has been shown with TLJ?

I'm not a Marvel or superhero comic guy, so I've got no particular loyalties - I'm just looking for an entertaining movie.  I liked Ant Man, GotG, Dr. Strange, and most of the Iron Man / Thor / Captain America stuff, but this preview is one of the dumber looking movies I've ever seen.  I also didn't think the Avengers Infinity War preview looked all that interesting...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 20, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Well, I'm biased as a huge fan of Marvel since I was a kid, but I thought the trailer looked great.  This is the culmination of all those other movies further bringing the storylines and characters together, so if you liked the earlier stuff then this shouldn't be a departure from that.  What didn't you like about it?

Thanos is a cosmic level threat in the comics, so it should take an army of superheroes to beat him and his goons (which were mostly not shown in the trailer).  They've shown the heroes are vulnerable (Iron Man gets beat down, Thor loses his eye and hammer, Vision's losing his mind stone, etc.).  I love the little details too like Peter's Spidey Sense causing his arm hair to rise.  The big ground battle with Thanos's army looks like some good eye candy and the Guardians even pop in with Mantis waving hello.  Looks like more of the same Marvel action/comedy magic to me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #460 on: December 20, 2017, 09:24 AM »
I think if you've followed all the Marvel films closely, the trailer was an absolute joygasm.  You already know where every piece is on the board, and the trailer gave you an idea where they're all headed. 

If you haven't, then the significance of a lot of things won't be apparent.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #461 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18 AM »
I'm a little surprised that we're getting War Machine and Winter Soldier, and a little bummed to not see Ant-Man or Hawkeye.  I think Hawk was in one of the early scenes with his back to the camera, maybe in space? And maybe Ant Man's there, but too small to notice.  Not seeing any of them (or Witch or Vision) in the big battle charge has me concerned, but maybe they're all just over on the NY team. 

In all fairness, Ant Man might be in the trailer.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #462 on: December 20, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Black Panther looks great. Infinity War looks great. Can't wait for both.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 16, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Marvel just dropped a new trailer for Avengers - Infinity War:

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War - Official Trailer

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General