Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137529 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19 AM »
GEEK!  That is all!   8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2011, 12:32 PM »
Looks awesome.  Simply awesome. 

Here's the YouTube link for anyone that doesn't have quicktime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuR3wSKeNOc

As for RDJ stealing the show, I thought I read somewhere that he was pushing for this, then backed off to have Iron Man actually share the load much more with the other characters.  I think he's great and the banter with the Hulk/Cap should be fun.  I just hope the Black Widow and Hawkeye characters don't get lost with all the attention on the bigger name heroes.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 12:34 PM »
I'm underwhelmed, and I don't trust Joss Whedon to make a good movie.   :-\

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2011, 01:28 PM »
What? Serenity wasn't a good movie?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2011, 02:37 PM »

I thought Serenity was great, and I liked his work with most of Buffy and Angel as well.  I also read somewhere that he was an assistant director or something on Thor.  Those credentials are enough to give me faith...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 03:06 PM »
There will be an Avengers panel next Saturday at NY Comic Con.  Chris Evans will reportedly take part, as will Kevin Feige.
And Cobie Smulders!

Yeah, all three are reported to be attending.

Too bad Scarlett won't be there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:07 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 03:25 PM »
So why does Hulk need a third actor for this movie?  I assume the first 2 of those movies sucked so bad they didn't want to be in this super hero party movie?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02 PM »

I thought Serenity was great, and I liked his work with most of Buffy and Angel as well.  I also read somewhere that he was an assistant director or something on Thor.  Those credentials are enough to give me faith...

I'm sure I'm way in the minority on a site like this, but I watched the Firefly series because a buddy insisted that I do so, and outside of Nathan Fillion being his usual funny self, I thought it was horrible.  And Kenneth Branagh directed Thor, Joss Whedon directed the cut-scene after the credits that was the Avenger's tie-in.  He had quite literally nothing to do with Thor's success.

Sorry to be the nay-sayer here, but Joss Whedon's work today just hassn't done anything for me at all.

So why does Hulk need a third actor for this movie?  I assume the first 2 of those movies sucked so bad they didn't want to be in this super hero party movie?

From what I read Edward Norton wasn't getting along with someone (no idea who) and they just decided to not use him again.  He was allegedly up for reprising the roll.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:07 PM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2011, 04:30 PM »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2011, 07:51 PM »
From what I read Edward Norton wasn't getting along with someone (no idea who) and they just decided to not use him again.  He was allegedly up for reprising the roll.

I heard Norton was a pain to work with while filming his Hulk movie, and they decided not to hire him.  I don't think either previous Hulk fits well with the continuity, so I'm fine with a reboot of the character.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 12:04 AM »

I heard Norton was a pain to work with while filming his Hulk movie, and they decided not to hire him.  I don't think either previous Hulk fits well with the continuity, so I'm fine with a reboot of the character.

From IMDB:
Negotiations between Norton and Marvel eventually broke down, and the role was instead offered to Mark Ruffalo, who accepted. Norton wrote a public response to the decision on his Facebook page, stating that he will not be appearing in The Avengers, but thanked Marvel Studios for considering letting him reprise the role.

The trailer looks great!  I'm looking forward to this one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 08:24 AM »
I'm sure I'm way in the minority on a site like this, but I watched the Firefly series because a buddy insisted that I do so, and outside of Nathan Fillion being his usual funny self, I thought it was horrible.

I couldn't watch the series... the cowboy/spaceman mash-up just didn't work for me.  But I thought the Serenity movie was flat-out brilliant.  Because of that I have all the faith in the world this movie will be awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2011, 02:02 PM »
New character poster HERE:

and HERE:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:03 PM by Brian »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2011, 09:13 AM »
I could have sworn in the original announcements for this movie, that Don Cheedle was also in the cast. Did they decide to drop War Machine from the line-up or is he in it for just a quick cameo? Anyone know?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2011, 10:45 AM »
IMDB has him listed for Iron Man 3 but not Avengers.  With as many characters as they have already, I'd be surprised to see him in anything but a cameo.