Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137474 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #150 on: March 6, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I saw scans of some new LEGO Avengers toy which had the "mystery villains" prominently pictured on the front of the box. AND YOU STILL CAN'T TELL WHAT THE $%^& THEY ARE!

Top 4 theories from around the Interwebz:

1) Skrulls
2) Kree
3) Inhumans
4) Atlanteans

I hope they go with #2, it's the only one not lifted right out of the pages of the Fantastic Four.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 6, 2012, 08:21 PM »
I saw scans of some new LEGO Avengers toy which had the "mystery villains" prominently pictured on the front of the box. AND YOU STILL CAN'T TELL WHAT THE $%^& THEY ARE!

1) Skrulls
2) Kree
3) Inhumans
4) Atlanteans

I hope they go with #2, it's the only one not lifted right out of the pages of the Fantastic Four.

Looking at the ships, I'd say Skrulls.

But Frost Giants are also in that list of possibilities.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2012, 11:00 AM »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2012, 11:32 PM »
Now known as Avengers Assemble in the UK to avoid confusion with the TV series and 1998 film.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2012, 11:43 PM »

1) Skrulls
2) Kree
3) Inhumans
4) Atlanteans

I was just rereading your last sentence and laughed, in the last 4 months there was a giant Kree invasion in the pages of the Fantastic Four.  #600-604.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2012, 04:22 AM »
I'll come in and give you guys a thumbs up or down after we see it, no way this isnt being seen on opening day

Sad thing here is as Australia isnt a huge population this isnt even getting a midnight release :(
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2012, 08:52 AM »
I was just rereading your last sentence and laughed, in the last 4 months there was a giant Kree invasion in the pages of the Fantastic Four.  #600-604.

Yeah, I definitely would have missed that. I stopped collecting that book the day that John Byrne left. It will always be dead to me after that. I only need the first 5 issues to complete my collection too...so close!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2012, 09:02 AM »

Yeah, I definitely would have missed that. I stopped collecting that book the day that John Byrne left. It will always be dead to me after that. I only need the first 5 issues to complete my collection too...so close!

That's impressive!  I give this Hickman run the thumbs up.  I came in recently around issue 583 and it's at 604 now.  I love the book.  If you go to comic cons and you can grab them at .50 cents or 1.00 you might want to check them out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2012, 03:42 PM »
How did they end up bringing back the Torch?  I stopped reading after he was left in the negative zone to die...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2012, 05:38 PM »
How did they end up bringing back the Torch?  I stopped reading after he was left in the negative zone to die...

I guess SPOILER ALERT is appropriate.

So Torch stayed in the Negative Zone to seal the door so the Annihilation Wave wouldn't come through.  He killed a **** ton of the wave by going nova, twice, then Annihilus smacked him over the head with some mallet or something.  Torch died.  Then some creatures in the annihilation wave brought him back to life with some healing worms or something.  They used him as a gladiator in an arena for their amusement.  He died and was resurrected over and over.  Then one day they couldn't kill him and he broke out with the other Gladiatiors.  He beat Annihilus down and took the cosmic control rod.  Then he took command of the Annihilation Wave and showed up to help the Avengers and Fantastic Four fend off the Kree invasion of Earth.  Mehhh and that's pretty much where we are now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Thanks for the background.  I figured it wouldn't be long until we saw him again.  I wonder if this means he's immortal now?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2012, 02:34 AM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2012, 04:26 PM »
I saw that photo last night on Marvellous News, but not the new trailer.  Thanks Dale!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 5, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Another one of the recent commercials put out for Avengers, love the end of this one:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=57493

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 6, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Another one of the recent commercials put out for Avengers, love the end of this one:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=57493

Awesome.  That shot of the helicarrier is pretty sweet too!