Author Topic: LEGO Does the DC Universe  (Read 16865 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Does the DC Universe
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Saw this on Twitter, not sure if this is old or new news...  it's awesome though!

Batman Classic TV Series Batcave set

Images removed.  :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2016, 11:42 PM »
Imgur Backup Pics

Looks like it's a UCS set?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Official Pics of UCS 1960's Batcave

LEGO saying it is out in March and will cost $269.99.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 8, 2016, 02:20 PM »
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting all three of the Batman v. Superman sets. While I don't really have a lot of faith in the movie, I do like the Batmobile and Batwing designs. Don't really want to get "too deep" into the DC Comics sets - so I'll stick with just these for now, but that new Harley Quinn set does look nice, as does the classic 1960's Batcave set...  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Been back-filling my Lego DC Comics collection now (kinda had a feeling I'd do that once I bought those three BvS sets) - here's what I've gotten so far:

Superman vs Power Armor Lex
Cosmic Boy Polybag
Batman: The Penguin Face off
Green Lantern vs. Sinestro
Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas
Black Manta Deep Sea Strike
Darkseid Invasion
Batboat Harbor Pursuit
Jokerland
Gotham City Cycle Chase
Batman vs. Catwoman Mighty Micro
Robin vs. Bane Mighty Micro
The Flash vs. Captain Cold Mighty Micro
Electro Suit Batman & Lego Batman Visual Dictionary

Bought and on their way:
The Joker Bumper Car Polybag
Superman: Battle of Smallville
Brainiac Attack
Batman Bat Signal
Lightning Lad (from the Target minifigure Cube)
Batzarro (from the Bizarro Justice League DVD)

I'm kicking myself that I got the Martian Manhunter Polybag a year or so ago at the Lego Store and then gave it away to a co-worker who has a son that is really into Legos, so I gotta grab that one off eBay at some point.

I'm going to hold off on getting the 1960s Batcave set for when the 1960s Mr Freeze polybag becomes available in a week or so.

And then I'll go on the steady progression of trying to grab one set a month until I'm caught up with everything from 2012 until now...  :-\

I hate it when Star Wars is a void wasteland of nothingness to get - I always find something else I'm interested in spending my money on, and lately, Lego seems like a great way to spend it....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2016, 12:48 AM »
The Mr Freeze polybag promotion started today both in stores and online. Spend $75 and you get the polybag for free. When I stopped by the nearest Lego store to me on the way home from work tonight, I was told by the clerk that they got enough polybags to last a few days at least, but he didn't think they would last to the end of the promotion (which I think is the 14th or 15th).
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 09:35 AM »
Finally got the time to finish building the 1960s Batcave yesterday. The build was fun and I really like the fact that they made it so you can configure the order of the structures based on your preference. The only part of the set I don't care for is the garage/helipad section. I think it would have been better if it were designed to fully store the Bat-mobile instead of either the front or back of the car sticking out.

To make this overall sub theme just about "perfect" I hope they have a Batgirl set planned - it would be fun to have a small section of her apartment that spins around to allow you to recreate her changing from Barbara to Batgirl - and she would definitely need her motorcycle.

I can't think of any major villain that they could put in the set - maybe King Tut or even Egghead just so they could have a minifigure based on a Vincent Price character, I dunno. It would be nice if they immortalized at least "created for the show" villain in minifigure form.

I also picked up these sets:
MoS Metropolis Showdown
MoS Black Zero Escape
Jor-el Polybag
Martian Manhunter Polybag
Defend the Batcave (Juniors set - mostly for the minifigures)
Joker Steamroller
DC superhero book w/Pirate Batman minifigure

Those will be it for a while until I've caught back up with Lego Star Wars - the Hoth set comes out at the end of the month, so I gotta plan for that big purchase. Plus I still don't have the unmasked Kylo wave, the Battle of Takodana set is coming, 6" Kmart Rey is coming and so is Walmart black series wave 4...

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:25 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2016, 07:40 AM »
Found a reasonably priced eBay auction for four Batman sets from 2012:
6860: The Batcave
6863: Batwing Battle Over Gotham
6864: Batmobile & Two-Face Chase
6857: Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

I also grabbed from the same seller the Batman Jetski Polybag...

So now from 2012, I'm left with the Constraction figures, the Catwoman set, two polybags and the convention mini-figure exclusives. Might go ahead and just finish off the "reasonable" aftermarket priced items from that year with the Catwoman set and the two polybags. I haven't pulled the trigger on any of the constraction figures (Marvel or DC) so I'll definitely hold off on those and with regards to old convention mini-figures, I still can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a $200+ minifigure purchase so those stay well out of reach for now...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 01:52 AM »
Picked up the following sets recently...

10724: Batman & Superman vs. Lex Luthor (Juniors Set - bought it mostly for the Lex Minifigure)
6858: Catwoman Catcycle City Chase
10937: Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

I'm eyeing up getting 76023: The Tumbler - just to finish off the "big" DC sets, might hold off on that just because I have all of the Star Wars summer sets to get, plus there are Marvel and DC Summer Sets coming soon... UGH
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 02:21 PM »
My quest to get as caught-up as possible with the DC Comics Superheroes line continues... picked up over the last couple of weeks:

30161: Batmobile (Polybag)
30164: Lex Luthor (Polybag)
30166: Robin and Redbird Cycle (Polybag)
76000: Arctic Batman vs. Mr Freeze : Aquaman on Ice
76001: The Bat vs. Bane : Tumbler Chase
76012: Batman: The Riddler Chase
76023: The Tumbler
70817: Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack (the Batman minifigure in this set is unique)

So for the DC Comics line I'm down to just needing convention exclusives from years past. I'm sure we're coming up on another round of SDCC exclusives soon, so that will probably be what I focus on next...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 12:07 AM »
Picked up the following this week:
Lego Dimensions Limited Edition Green Arrow Figure
SDCC2015 Arsenal Minifigure
Superman / Wonder Woman SDCC2016 Brick Headz Set
Batman / The Joker SDCC2016 Brick Headz Set

I also have the SDCC2016 Atom Minifigure purchased, just waiting for it to arrive.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 09:40 AM »
The LEGO Batman Movie sets are hitting, and I finally found the blind bag series at Target last night. I had seen them at TRU a few weeks ago but the TRU tax is getting insane, with sets costing 25% MORE than MSRP. Anyway, Target only had a handful, and I wound up with Gordon, Robin, Mohawk Lightning Girl, Not-A-Playboy-Bunny Girl, Caveman Batman, and Not-Wolverine Batman.

I also picked up a "Batman in the Phantom Zone" polybag in the Valentines section for $3.99. Good way to get Batman with the new utility belt and a bunch of blue lightsaber blades.

I want to pick up a handful of the sets too, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable sales the week the movie comes out.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Not sure if you've gotten it yet or not Diddly, but the Lego Batman Movie Batcave set is now $88 from both WalMart.com and Amazon.

Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 3, 2017, 10:26 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Pete. I've been seeing the price on that set fluctuate up and down every day but I'm only going after a select few of the smaller sets. I think the most expensive set I plan on picking up is the Clayface one.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40 AM »
Picked up the 60's TV Series Batcave set for a heck of a deal at the local LEGO Store. I had $40 in VIP Rewards I was going to cash in, and with the Double VIP Points promotion going on, I was looking to get half of that back.

The manager saw me with the set and asked if I'd be interested in buying a set with damaged packaging; the LEGO Store policy is to take 10% off sets with damaged packaging, but they can't do that with UCS sets so they offer 1000 VIP Points instead, which comes out to $50 in reward points. So I got my $40 off the set and left with $70 in rewards, which I'll probably use up at May the 4th.

And they guarantee that the set itself is fine, but really, the "damaged" packaging I got wasn't any worse than something sent via Amazon, and better than a lot of the sets you see on shelf at Walmart.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:41 AM by Diddly »