Author Topic: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel  (Read 35274 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Picked up the Super Hero Airport Battle and Black Panther Pursuit sets from a local WalMart on my way into work today. I'm guessing these were put out onto the shelves a tad prematurely...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 1, 2016, 08:28 AM »
Picked up the Crossbones Hazard Heist set today - I think this is the last boxed Captain America: Civil War set (for now) that I needed...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 8, 2016, 02:18 PM »
Picked up all three of the Marvel Mighty Micros sets (Hulk/Ultron, Cap/Red Skull, Spidey/Green Goblin) and got the new Venom Symbiote polybag from eBay.
Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2016, 08:44 AM »
I saw one of the Captain America - Civil War LEGO sets at a local mom & pop toy store yesterday.  And boy was there a GIANT spoiler that came from that particular set!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2016, 02:26 AM »
Toys R Us currently has the Captain America w/Motorcycle polybag available as a free gift with Lego Construction purchase of $30 or more. I finally pulled the trigger on the Lego Ideas Big Bang Theory set to qualify, they had the Disney Blind-bag Minifigures in stock and I was tempted to grab 10 of those and see if they would qualify but the lady working the customer service desk said they wouldn't.

Starting on Sunday, if your local TRU has any left over, apparently they are allowed to start selling the Cap polybag for $3.99.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2016, 12:22 PM »
That same polybag will be free with $35+ purchases at LEGO Stores (and LEGO Shop) during Memorial Day weekend.

Good news for people like me, whose TRUs never stock the exclusive polybags. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2016, 04:57 PM »
That same polybag will be free with $35+ purchases at LEGO Stores (and LEGO Shop) during Memorial Day weekend.

Good news for people like me, whose TRUs never stock the exclusive polybags. ::)

The typical situation at my local TRUs is that they don't have the item during the promotion and then one day after the promotion has ended, they'll dump a bunch of them into a bin near one of the ends of the Lego aisle.

I think the reason they do this is because if one of the polybags gets onto the floor during the promotion, when trying to purchase it, it rings up as $0.01. When I got the BvS Batmobile polybag, I saw one in the Lego section during the promotion and I was like "okay, I'll get it" and when I went to the register it rang up for $0.01 - the clerk didn't notice since I was buying something else so that's how much that polybag cost me...  :-\
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2016, 09:29 AM »
I snagged the awful Rhino/Sandman vs. Spidey/Iron Spidey set on clearance at Walmart last night for $30. It was one of the few clearanced sets they still had multiples of.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 11:59 PM »
Got the following this week:
Iron Man/Captain America Brick Headz SDCC2016 Set
Black Panther/Dr. Strange Brick Headz SDCC2016 Set
Spider-Man Ghost Rider Team-Up
Tanker Truck Takedown

And I have on order the "Hail Hydra" Steve Rogers Captain America minifigure from SDCC2016 bought just waiting for it to get here now...
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2016, 01:19 PM »
The new Spider-Man Bridge Battle set is currently 20% off on Amazon

I snagged it and used some reward points to knock the price down even further. Great deal, and good to have this big set out of the way.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2016, 08:20 PM »
The new Spider-Man Bridge Battle set is currently 20% off on Amazon

I snagged it and used some reward points to knock the price down even further. Great deal, and good to have this big set out of the way.

I'm not sure who was copying who, but the 20% off was at Toys R Us last week as well, I had $15 in Rewards bucks and I combined that with the $80 price tag to get this set for just a bit less than $70 with tax included. Definitely not a bad deal!
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2016, 05:07 PM »
Snagged the Doc Ock Mech set with Vulture and Captain Stacy yesterday at Walmart since it was randomly on Rollback at Walmart for $6 off. I have now acquired all 3 of the fall Spider-Man sets for under MSRP. I wish I could find deals like these on Star Wars sets more often!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Picked up all three new Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 sets at the Toys R Us near where I work - super excited about these! It's the sets from the 1st Guardians of the Galaxy movie that got me to branch out from collecting Lego Star Wars to also collecting Lego Super Heroes sets...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 6, 2017, 11:44 PM »
Wondering if I should pick up the Knight Rider Lego Dimensions set since the figure included in that set technically does make an appearance in an MCU movie.  ;D
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 8, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Wondering if I should pick up the Knight Rider Lego Dimensions set since the figure included in that set technically does make an appearance in an MCU movie.  ;D

;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today