Author Topic: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel  (Read 35340 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Picked up 3 of the 4 main Avengers sets today between Target and Wally...still looking for the Quinjet set

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52 PM »
I picked up the small Cap w/bike set, but that's it so far.  I'd like to be able to get some of the larger ones eventually, as the budget allows.  This LEGO stuff is a slippery slope ;).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 01:44 PM »
I've seen a few sets at Target but I'm passing on the Marvel stuff for now, I'm waiting for more "comic" based sets to be made.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05 PM »
My wife and daughter got me the "Hulk Helicarrier Break Out" LEGO set for my birthday a month or so ago, and we just got around to putting it together this week.  The cool thing about this set is that one of the stickers you apply to the "computer" area is the Galaga screen from the movie, thought that was a sweet little detail.  Love the LEGO Hulk too.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 11:10 PM »
I love love love little Easter Egg things like that.  Well done Marvel.  I would love to get that set if I can ever find a good deal on it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 08:32 AM »
TRU is offering a FREE Thor Mini figure with Cosmic Cube this week with a LEGO purchase of $20 or more.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I saw a bunch of these yesterday at Target, the Wolverine, Magneto, Deapool set was pretty darn cool

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 8, 2013, 10:49 AM »
Beware spoilers on the Iron Man 3 LEGO boxes!

Love the Sea Port battle set.  I'll probably be grabbing that one for the boys...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Cool sets, though not very spoilerish IMO.  I think everyone knows who the baddie is by now and Extremis is well documented in the older Invincible Iron Man comics, as well as the topic of the day in the new Marvel Now Iron Man comic.  I am hoping there was some creative license in some of this I'm looking at you Madarin Buggy.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 8, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I saw the IM3 sets for the first time this week at our local TRU.  I sort of wanted to pick one up, but figured I'd wait for our Targets/WMs to get these in for a little lower price.  Nice sets though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Anybody see the GOTG Lego Set that's out now?  Groot & Rocket look incredible!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 02:23 PM »
I saw the three sets at TRU at the beginning of the month and picked up the Rocket/Groot set you pictured.  I haven't seen them anywhere else though yet, and when I visited TRU since then they were all pulled from the shelves (or all sold that quickly, which I sort of doubt).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 11:14 PM »
I picked up the Starblaster Showdown set at my local Toys R Us today on the way home from work. Fun little set to build. I think I'm gonna pick up the Groot/Rocket set tomorrow. I don't collect the Marvel sets, but I can definitely get into collecting just the Guardians of the Galaxy sub-line sets. My local TRU has all three sets in stock. Might get the Milano set from Lego Shop since I have $20 in rewards waiting to be used...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Picked up the Knowhere Escape Mission set - fun little set. Groot is a bit big compared to the mini-figures - but still very cool.

Also picked up the Iron Man 3 Malibu Mansion Assault set. I'm thinking about getting the other two Iron Man 3 sets as well. Even though I don't have the sets that came out for The Avengers - I think I might start picking up sets that are MCU-based. I already collect the Star Wars, Hobbit and Lord of the Rings lines - not sure I want to start with a fourth - but my thinking that the days of the LotR and Hobbit lines are numbered.... So maybe picking up another line wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 01:57 AM »
Completed the Iron Man 3 sets with the Mandarian Showdown and Sea Port Battle - kinda weird that these two sets have ZERO connection to the actual movie.

Also picked up the Poly Bag Spider-man Glider and the Spider Cycle Chase sets from Toys R Us - had a coupon for $5 off $25 or more purchase and wanted to use it.

Still trying to decide if I want to finish off getting all of the rest of the Lego Marvel sub-line... definitely picking up The Milano set next to finish off the GotG mini-collection...
Peter