Author Topic: Your Song...  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Your Song...
« on: August 1, 2003, 10:24 AM »
MY wife and I have a song

Here, There and Everywhere by the Beatles...we had it sung at our wedding and we make and effort every now and then to play it every now and then (especially on our anniversary) which is just a simple reminder of what our marriage is, was and will be

My own personal song is Sweet Child O' Mine  The opening guitar lick followed by the greatest bass riff of all time jsut gets me everytime.  Anywhere I am and Sweet Child comes on I can't help but get a big goofy grin on my face and sing along to my hearts content.  It was the highlight of the GN'R concert in Fargo I went to last winter

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Your Song...
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2003, 10:51 AM »
Our wedding song is "All of my Love" by Zeppelin of course.  Still brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it.  My personal song would probably be "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" by Pink Floyd.  The song is just soooo relaxing to me.  My pick me up song would be "Rocket Queen" by GnR.  

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Well the wifey and I have a song. She still will cry sometimes when she hears it.

Allison Krause - Nothing At All   ( I think thats the name)

As for myself, thats a tough one. I connect with so many.
 If I had to pick one I would go with Metallica's Hero of the Day. For one reason or another it connects me to my past and I have fond memories of things associated with that part of my life.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Jango Fettish

« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2003, 10:59 AM »
It used to be "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. Now, I honestly couldn't tell you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2003, 11:04 AM »
It used to be "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. Now, I honestly couldn't tell you.

Heart wrenching moment...my good friend was killed last 4th of July in a boating accident.  Me and my friends all got together at a bar the night before the funeral and sat around and reflected and told stories about him...Angel came on and you probably haven't seen 8 or 9 guys sitting around crying like we did then...great choice Cory

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2003, 11:30 AM »
I would have to choose "American Pie" by Don McClean.  I choose this song because it was the very last song at my wedding.  My brother was my best man, and he got EVERYONE to form this enormous circle around my wife & I wihle this song played.  It was the BEST and MOST MEMORABLE moment of my entire wedding.  Everytime I play that song I get tears in my eyes.  It's one of those moments you'll never forget for the rest of your life.
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2003, 12:08 PM »
Mrs. bug and I Wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton.  

For me?  Well, you'd have to get Canadian television to know the song as it's from a commercial.  It goes a little like this:

beer, beer, beer, beer....... :P ;D

In the absence of that, the album version (not live) of Streetheart's Under my thumb.  Remake of the old Stones tune.  Ramble on by Zeppelin would be a close second.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2003, 02:01 PM »
Right now it's Pearl Jam's Given To Fly.  The first time I heard this, I was as low as you can get emotionally. It really picked me up, and I still get a feeling every time I hear it.

There are a few songs I like that are listed here that I'd probably never admit to liking. But, they're good tunes.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 1, 2003, 02:04 PM »
The wife's and I wedding song was "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by the King.

Other than that, I really don't have a song.  I do however, have to sing to Billy Joel's "Piano Man" every time I hear it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2003, 02:10 PM »
Right now it's Pearl Jam's Given To Fly.  The first time I heard this, I was as low as you can get emotionally. It really picked me up, and I still get a feeling every time I hear it.

There are a few songs I like that are listed here that I'd probably never admit to liking. But, they're good tunes.
Oh yeah HMI...great choice and for sure in my top 5 PJ songs

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #10 on: August 1, 2003, 02:48 PM »
The wife and I have a song not many here may even know... it was the Climax Blues Band "I Love You"... That was our wedding song. Old 70's song...

Other than that I can't pick a say I have one particular song... Some of the many that get me going...

American Pie -Don McLean
Lie in our Graves- Dave Matthews
Let's Dance- David Bowie
Bubbly Toes- Jack Johnson
Fake Plastic Trees- Radiohead
Me, Myself, and I- De La Soul

And tons more...
« Last Edit: August 1, 2003, 02:50 PM by Jimmy »
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: August 1, 2003, 07:24 PM »
Hey now!  You all need to just step away from my song right now - American Pie.  My all-time favorite for many, many years now.  Piano Man's definitely up there, and oddly enough, so is The Gambler by Kenny Rogers now, after me and my 7 Groomsmen had a few beers, shot some pool, and sang that song at the top of our lungs like 5 times in a row in a pub the morning of my wedding.  Good times!

As for "our" song (that was Patty and I's first dance at our wedding), that would be True Companion by Marc Cohn, who we just happened to watch in concert just last week.  He's the fella who sings Walking in Memphis and Silver Thunderbird, in case you didn't know...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 1, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Damn, I might be able to get along with you in person after all Matt.  

Marc Cohn is fantastic.  

American Pie is a great drinking tune.  We used to go to a little pub that had a great singer at it and he'd always sing that song.  We were there so much that we were indeed regulars and often "performed" the song along with him, much to the chagrin of the other patrons.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 2, 2003, 04:11 PM »
Hmmm...

I can't pick just one song for myself, so I'll pick several (in no particular order):

1.  "Locust Star" - Neurosis
2. "Archangel"- Samhain
3. "Anywhere Out of the World"- Dead Can Dance
4. "White Shadow"- Peter Gabriel
5. "Tom Traubert's Blues"- Tom Waits

Joe and I kind of have a song, "Out of This World" by the Cure. It makes me cry. Buckets. Yeah, sure- that's our song.

Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 2, 2003, 04:54 PM »
Rick Springfield - "Jessie (Should just be 2 e's no i)'s Girl"
(Various artists) - "Highway Man"
&
"The Scotsman"

3 favs of mine. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77