Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 10 - TPM  (Read 86066 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 10 - TPM
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2012, 11:19 AM »
I think the new Battle Droid has a great sculpt and proportions. The limbs on the 2009 Battle Droid appear to be way too long. I do agree that the new Battle Droid is way too small. Ideally I would like to see a Battle Droid two pack using a larger version of this new sculpt, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54 AM »
The fact that it's $10 for one when we were paying $7 for 2 just a month ago is also pretty ******.
   E...

This is what bothers me more than anything.  I really don't give a squirt about the height, the cost of these damn things is getting out of hand.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2012, 01:00 PM »
The fact that it's $10 for one when we were paying $7 for 2 just a month ago is also pretty ******.
   E...

This is what bothers me more than anything.  I really don't give a squirt about the height, the cost of these damn things is getting out of hand.

Same here.  That price / value differential between the Saga Legends 2-packs of Battle Droids compared to the single packed new Battle Droid is a tougher pill to swallow than the height issue.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Ask Hasbro about it and their responses will be:

"We'll look into it."

"We believe that the Vintage Collection Battle Droid is accurately scaled for Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace."

"There are no plans to revisit the Battle Droid with newer tooling in the forseeable future."

"The SAGA LEGENDS Battle Droid 2-pack was a special treat for fans, but rising production costs mean that future  Battle Droid offerings will be single carded."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2012, 01:40 PM »
I think this battle droid sucks.  Seen one loose now in person, and really feel like they screwed up on this one.  They should have just gone with the taller mold, with a new head (with sculpted eye sockets).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2012, 01:46 PM »
I saw this wave (each figure x2 I believe) at our local WM today.  They also had the first wave of "Movie Heroes", but no sign of CW or the Discover the Force stuff (or any vehicles, etc.)  All three lines were ringing up at $8.96.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2012, 06:26 PM »
I bought and opened the new Darth Maul vintage figure today and pretty much hate it.  The neck is sculpted leaning forward too much, I hate the face sculpt, his chest robes are sculpted like he has some super saggy C cup boobs and to top it all off the right elbow joint is frozen on my figure.  Hate the spaceballs hood too. 

Anyone know a fix for the frozen joint at least.  I bet Jesse James responds first!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2012, 06:45 PM »
boiling hot water?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2012, 06:50 PM »
boiling hot water?

Brute force did the trick.  I did get a Zabrak horn dent or two in the process.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2012, 01:47 AM »
Stuck joints run them under hottest tap water you can muster (boiling is maybe overkill but it does the trick too as per smash's suggestion)...  That's what I use.  You can snap the pin on ball-joints easily using brute force so beware!

I'd have said something earlier but life's in the way these days.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2012, 01:17 AM »
Getting back to the new Battle Droid...

Has anyone tried folding up the new Battle Droid to get it into the storage position as seen here:

I know there are some gripes about the new Battle Droid design.  But is it possible that the design of this new Battle Droid was predicated on it being able to fold up for storage like this so that it might work in conjunction with the upcoming MTT?  I've got a few Battle Droids, but I haven't had a chance to crack these open yet in order to try this myself.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:22 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Yeah folding it up basically works pretty well.  Being that they are $5 with the BOGO coupons I did pick up 4 more just to display folded up.

If this droid were a little taller and had ball joined elbows/articulated wrists, I would probably get 100 of them.

But I wouldn't call this the definitive battle droid just yet.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16 AM »
I understand the height issue you've got with the Battle Droid.  I think if we can get some photos of the new Battle Droid figure folded up, then this new design might start to make a lot more sense.  Especially with the impending MTT release.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2012, 09:11 AM »
I bought and opened the new Darth Maul vintage figure today and pretty much hate it.  The neck is sculpted leaning forward too much,

Seems to be more common these days, like the Rebel Commando. Maybe it's a realistic posture for actual people, but I'd rather have the heroic default of a straight neck.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Yeah folding it up basically works pretty well.  Being that they are $5 with the BOGO coupons I did pick up 4 more just to display folded up.

If this droid were a little taller and had ball joined elbows/articulated wrists, I would probably get 100 of them.

But I wouldn't call this the definitive battle droid just yet.

No battle droid is definitive until it can stand on it's own, indefinitely, without the legs warping.

Does this one have that potential?  Because on my shelves, the only thing that CONSTANTLY falls over, are the battle droids.  I hate them.