Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 10 - TPM  (Read 86020 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 10 - TPM
« Reply #210 on: February 3, 2012, 02:51 PM »
-Sidious...  Pretty cool figure all around.  Other than he can't really be posed with the hood on so you can have him look different directions other than down (or so it appears), he really is nice.

Are his hands re-used from the Evolutions Palpatine?  They're very wrinkly and old looking, and don't match the character's head.  That's my only gripe with him ultimately.

JJ, the hands are actually a new sculpt. The arms and legs are the only reused parts. The arms from the Evo Palp and the legs from the VC Senate Duel Sidious.)

FYI - On a sdie note I picked up the Target Sidious Maul pack because they changed the paint on Palps skin tone and it looks the best of all of the realeases.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 3, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Skipped the battledroid.  I won't buy something underscaled at this point and price.  I'll stick with my old droids that are the proper height.

Yeah, I'm hoping they release the taller SA version again, with a paint application like they did on the IG-97 droid... with a Battle Droid head though of course.  Preferably with sculpted eye sockets too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #212 on: February 3, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Skipped the battledroid.  I won't buy something underscaled at this point and price.  I'll stick with my old droids that are the proper height.

Yeah, I'm hoping they release the taller SA version again, with a paint application like they did on the IG-97 droid... with a Battle Droid head though of course.  Preferably with sculpted eye sockets too.

The Blue Ray commemorative version is the closet thing to this. I am dumping my 14 on eBay as they are just too flimsy. The Saga Legends Maroon one had sturdier plastic, consistency Hasbro consistency...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 3, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Yeah, I bought two of the EPI Blu Ray sets, mainly for the Battle Droid.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: February 4, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Thanks JACK...  They looked familiar, but I guess they're not.  But they're oddly wrinkly for that age of Palps...  I'm guessing they'll reappear for ROTS Palpy figures?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Hrm.  What does this graphic say about the size of the TPM Vintage battle droid?

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2012, 11:07 PM »
To be fair though, they did seem to get the blaster size right.

I'll live with oversized blasters over undersized figures though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20 PM »
Of course I can't find the one figure I truly wanted from this wave....Maul  ::)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2012, 02:04 AM »
Of course I can't find the one figure I truly wanted from this wave....Maul  ::)

I feel you, man. I finally gave up looking in retail for Maul and just asked my cousin to buy it for me online as an early birthday present. >:D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2012, 02:36 AM »

If those future waves that popped up online before Toy Fair are any indication, you'll find one eventually.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2012, 05:02 AM »
Finally got Maul. Great figure all around, 9/10 score. The head sculpt I really didn't mind at first, but now I'm starting to get slightly irked by it. I can't tell if that's a slight smile on the head sculpt, but I think he's supposed to have some evil grin, which I would have been fine without. The horns are slightly too chunky - I didn't think I'd care, but I guess I do now.

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #221 on: March 7, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Just a thought, I picked up the new Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan with light up sabers from the Movie Heroes collection. The headsculpts are great but their outfits are perfectly colored like the films. Obi-Wan has while pants and Qui-Gons outfit has a more egg while yellow tint just like the film. The current legacy Style Obi has grey pants and the Qui-Gon has robes that are too white. With all of the re-releases of these two why would Hasbro not update/improve the colors on them in at least on of the lines like DTF? I would have re-bought both of them in a heartbeat to upgrade!

While the MH light up guys are a little bulky they are pretty cool. The headsculpts appear like they will fit on the existing versions too. I cannot dig mine out yet but I will surly try....

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 7, 2012, 09:21 PM »
While the MH light up guys are a little bulky they are pretty cool. The headsculpts appear like they will fit on the existing versions too. I cannot dig mine out yet but I will surly try....

Maybe you should wait until you're in a better mood.  ;)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Ordered Sidious on Amazon for $3.05 (excluding shipping) and got Maul instead (already have him). Decided to keep him as mint carded for display. Don't know why I found this relevant to post, but these days I seem to buy figures only once a month now for a multitude of reasons. ::) 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 10 - TPM
« Reply #224 on: September 3, 2012, 09:14 AM »
I haven't been able to open many figures this year due to a lack of space and no time to expand my shelves, but I opened a Battle Droid this weekend and I love it. It's a little small, yes, but I can overlook it since it's the same height as most other figures. The only other complaint I have is that it can't hold its blaster with two hands.

Can't wait til this wave is finally clearanced, I'm planning on snagging as many BDs as I can, along with the red repaint from Legacy Wave I
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks