Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes  (Read 59833 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Sandtroopers has posted carded shots of these figures. Some of the card art is pretty weak, especially that Luke card with that shot of 3PO slapped in the background. Blech. And I am still amazed they included a robe with him instead of the proper cloak.  ::)

Ew.  I don't think these will be flying off the pegs.  I like the Mon Cal, but it's nothing I couldn't do myself.  The Luke Jedi is okay.  I will not be requring the rest.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I am digging these but that card art is weak. They did not have much to work with so I cannot fault them there. What I can fault them for is Luke's reversed part and as Jayson pointed out Luke should have a cloak not a Jedi Robe. I am hoping the Endor Capture Head fits this buck for an easy fix. They at least loaded them with accessories and despite all of Luke's flaws they retolled his saber finally.

I like the wave overall especially Lando. Are these due in Febuary or March?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2012, 10:05 AM »
Meh. I'm in it for the figures anyway, so the card art isn't that big of a crime.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2012, 10:30 AM »
I'm in for a Luke, Leia, a couple to 3 Landos, a McCracken and Lobster guy...

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Some of the card art is pretty weak, especially that Luke card with that shot of 3PO slapped in the background.

Hasbro mentioned at NYCC that there weren't any good production photos to go off of since the film quality was bad for the scene. So they had to doctor something up. I can forgive them on that, I guess.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I would have tried screen grabs, since they've done this elsewhere.  Some are ok.  Luke is WOW bad.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Yeah the cards suck except for Mon Calamari card that one is cool.  Figures are best feature in this set.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2012, 03:52 PM »
With scalper bait stickers!

Hey, Hasbro save some money and stop printing pointless bubble stickers.

I think between TPM waves and this wave, it's gonna be a long wait for more interesting figures. I've no objections to any of them, but they should've spread the deleted bunch out over the year.  (i want Kithaba more than the 18 figures that being released before him.)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2012, 05:55 PM »
I'm kinda into all the Deleted guys, and I guess the cards just don't mean enough for me to really give a ****.  I really had wanted to army build McCracken but at the price I'm figuring he'll be, I'll wait.

I've come to the conclusion he's wearing the typical rebel "Army Regular" uniform, and I love it.  A really nice, generic army builder for the most part...  Headswaps a-plenty.  leaves a nice base for them to do Nik Sant and other Endor Rebels who weren't wearing the camo coats/hoodies over the vest part too.  Pretty kick ass.

I'm less into the Sandstorm guys, but I'll pick them up if I'm still into the hobby I guess, haha.  Mon Cal A-Winger is cool too, maybe my 2nd favorite.

Cardbacks are eh, but really they're not much worse than some of the characters on the 2008/2009 cards, or even the 2007 ones.  The art was sometimes goofy looking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32 PM »
I like and appreciate the figures, but the art is a big factor for me since I collect vintage carded.  After the TPM wave, which features some excellent examples of card art, this is a let down.  We all expected this, so I don't want to harp on it too much.  I do just sort of question the lack of reference, because:

and

and

and

and

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Yeah clearly there are good images to be found...  I think it just boils down to Hasbro doesn't care.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Being an opener, the photos they use doesn't matter much to me at all - but for some reason that Luke artwork really catches my eye.  I love how 3PO is standing out there behind him... that will be one of the very few figures I get an extra of to keep carded. 

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 08:12 PM »
Ok, here I go.  I really like the vintage collection for the cardbacks.  The figures are amazing sculpts anymore, but the cardbacks are usually great.  I was really looking forward to the Luke Cardback.  I thought for certain they would use that screen capture from the deleted scene as shown in the earlier post.  That would have looked so badass IMO.  Now to see the final cardback image is a huge letdown for me as far as cardbacks go.  To top it off his is the worst of the 5 cardbacks IMO.  Leia's and Lando's are ok but they could have been better.  Cracken and the Pilot's look terrible IMO.  I can't belive they picked that goofy-assed smiling picture for him when they got the Gunner one.  Oh well, he's not a fav character anyway but bleh.  It just looks really lame. 

Now for the igures themselves.  I am all in for the Luke, Leia and Lando.  Mainly Luke and Lando.  I am not happy with the cloak they picked for Luke.  Brown?  Really?  Sigh.   I like the figure though.  Cracken and the Pilot I may leave on the pegs.  Not that excited about them. 

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Ok, here I go.  I really like the vintage collection for the cardbacks.  The figures are amazing sculpts anymore, but the cardbacks are usually great.  I was really looking forward to the Luke Cardback.  I thought for certain they would use that screen capture from the deleted scene as shown in the earlier post.  That would have looked so badass IMO.  Now to see the final cardback image is a huge letdown for me as far as cardbacks go.  To top it off his is the worst of the 5 cardbacks IMO.  Leia's and Lando's are ok but they could have been better.  Cracken and the Pilot's look terrible IMO.  I can't belive they picked that goofy-assed smiling picture for him when they got the Gunner one.  Oh well, he's not a fav character anyway but bleh.  It just looks really lame. 

Now for the igures themselves.  I am all in for the Luke, Leia and Lando.  Mainly Luke and Lando.  I am not happy with the cloak they picked for Luke.  Brown?  Really?  Sigh.   I like the figure though.  Cracken and the Pilot I may leave on the pegs.  Not that excited about them.

Aw, you beat me to defeding the cardbacks. The only fault, as I see it, is the really decent photos previously listed here that would have made great card art themselves. Jeesh, Hasbro, work smarter, not harder.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2012, 12:57 AM »
I see these are now available for Pre-Order @ Entertainment Earth!

The assortment is so-so...  Depends on your POV I guess.

1x Qui-Gon Jinn (Phantom Menace)
1x Battle Droid (Phantom Menace)
1x Darth Sidious (Phantom Menace)
1x Anakin Skywalker (Phantom Menace)
1x Naboo Royal Guard (Phantom Menace)
1x Quinlan Vos (Phantom Menace)
1x Darth Maul (Phantom Menace)
1x VC87 Luke Skywalker (Jedi Origin)
1x VC88 Princess Leia (Sandstorm)
1x VC89 Lando Calrissian (Sandstorm)
1x VC90 Rebel Trooper (Colonel Cracken)
1x VC91 Rebel (A-Wing) Pilot (Mon Calamari)

Take out the Battledroid and Qui Gon, replace them with 2 of Cracken and maybe 2 of Luke or Maul and I'm into it a bit more.  Or some of the 2010/2011 figures nobody could find would be nice too...

But yeah, I pretty much called it on the carry-forwards.  Since I don't have ANY TPM wave figures, the case isn't all that bad to me.  I can wait on those then if I see them and just get this assortment I think.  It'll narrow my TPM buying down a bit too.  Not a bad little case I guess...  But pretty much exactly what I expected with TPM figures being carried over to "strike while the iron is hot" so to speak. 

It makes sense ultimately, but I just don't know if Vintage can handle that many figures carried forward.  there's not a ton new there to someone who already has Wave 10.

The Battledroid at least makes sense too, I just personally dislike it and I think a lot of collectors are going to sour on it.  Army building as it is has taken a hit with the price hikes, and so if people are like me at all they're not going to army build something as sub-standard as that new BD is.   :-\  It may be the Clone/Sandtrooper of 2012?  :-X