Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes  (Read 59831 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Wave 12 ROTJ Deleted Scenes
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Really like Luke and Lando...meh on the other 3...I wonder if they'll do this for each of the other two OT movies?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I love them...  the Mon Cal Pilot is a cut scene figure?  Interesting.

The original DOS X-Wing game had a mishmash of pilots in it, and one was a Mon Cal.  All the pictures came from movie stills though, and were usually just redecoed.  This Mon Cal pilot makes me think it may be the Mon Cal image from that very old X-Wing game...  That game was one of my gateway drugs back into Star Wars from childhood, so getting that Mon Cal pilot holds a special place for me, if it is him.

Leia's the only uninteresting figure in that wave to me.  Cracken, I hope, winds up not using those legs is all.  Those are clearly the Saga Endor Rebels...  They're ok, but I'm praying that changes to the Vintage Endor Rebel's legs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 08:59 PM »
He's in here:

Deleted scene trailer

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Just saw, and that was a glorious thing.

Every person who is a true fan of Star Wars probably just got a little emotional at watching those deleted scenes.  For most of that stuff it's the first time it's been seen in even that capacity, outside of LFL.

I seriously may get a BRD player just for this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 10:56 PM »

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 10:57 PM »
GH has some of the figures loose from the Hasbro display.  They look nice with the accessories. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 11:11 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:16 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Their accessories really highlight how different they are too,e ven Leia will now need bought.  Loving that Lando too.  I've wanted to retire Saga skiff guard Lando for a while, and this one will easily accomplish that.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24 PM »
I figure I'm at about three of those Landos - one each for my Skiff, Palace, and Sandstorm scenes.   

And, man - I'm really hoping for someone to get a POTF replica-boxed McQ Blue A-Wing now so 'lil fishy has something to pilot.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:25 PM by Jeff »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Luke is perfect!! He comes with an extra belt that comes over the sash, if he had the black glove he could be Luke from Home One briefing room too. I wonder if Hasbro would correct his brown cloak instead of the Jedi robe, but no worries, it a must!
I saw a pic on wookieepedia, Luke training with the green saber wearing jedi outfit and those Ben Kenobi´s Jedi robe.

Leia is retooled guys, at least on face and torso, cause tlc torso was a bit wide, more the ponchos and scarfs from Lando and  Leia are cool  8)

Calamari pilot looks curious and Cracken in a martial actitude.

Hope some day we get a new stormtrooper, following these sculpting evolving patterns.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 11:36 PM »
He's going into an extra WM A-WIng I have, for now anyway, unless the deleted scene shows him in a red one specifically.  I've got lots of both colors, but blue would be nice.  I'd just be inclined to make a McQuarrie A-Winger for that though, if it didn't come with one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 11:45 PM »
The deleted scene figures look fantastic.  The softgoods are a nice inclusion, although I know they drive some people crazy.

Kind of curious about the Mon Calamari pilot being designated as an A-Wing pilot.  Some of the EU backstory of the B-Wing is that it was developed by Ackbar, and that the rotating cockpit would suit Mon Calamari pilots better.  Which makes me wonder why the Mon Cal pilot isn't a B-Wing pilot. 

[/endtangent]
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Luke is perfect!! He comes with an extra belt that comes over the sash, if he had the black glove he could be Luke from Home One briefing room too. I wonder if Hasbro would correct his brown cloak instead of the Jedi robe, but no worries, it a must!
I saw a pic on wookieepedia, Luke training with the green saber wearing jedi outfit and those Ben Kenobi´s Jedi robe.

Very well said, as usual.  Great-looking figure, except. . .  is his hair depicted as being parted on the wrong side?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Kind of curious about the Mon Calamari pilot being designated as an A-Wing pilot.

Because he's got the need... the need for speed.  Duh.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 12:08 AM »
Lando and Luke look fantastic.  So glad I can replace Saga Lando to.  Although I kind of wish now they would redo the Luke and Han sandstorm figures to match the Leia and Lando quality.  I am more into the Mon Calamari pilot now that he came from a deleted scene.  I never got into the comic book/novel alien pilots.  I'll most likely get this one.  I don't know if I will go for General Cracken.  I might just to have something different for the Jedi figures.  I think it looks like a decent figure but I excited about him.  Maybe he does some cool stuff in the deleted scenes?