Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes  (Read 59762 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2012, 07:25 PM »
That should keep the hot wheels guys away from them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30 PM »
A billion nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2012, 04:48 AM »
As I stated in the Recent Purchases thread, I paid full price after having to wait for the managers to create new prices for the figures. There was a lone ROTS Obi-Wan on the pegs but it oddly enough didn't scan either. So no discount for Diddly. :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2012, 10:54 AM »
As I stated in the Recent Purchases thread, I paid full price after having to wait for the managers to create new prices for the figures. There was a lone ROTS Obi-Wan on the pegs but it oddly enough didn't scan either. So no discount for Diddly. :(

The exact same thing happened to me when I picked these up yesterday.  They called like three different people over to the register, before manually punching them in with the pegged price.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 2, 2012, 09:09 AM »
has anybody try customize the mon calamari pilot with other a-wing pilots parts yet ? human head ? gloves ?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 2, 2012, 01:49 PM »
has anybody try customize the mon calamari pilot with other a-wing pilots parts yet ? human head ? gloves ?

Yep- stand by for a pic in a couple hours  :-*

Edit: here it is- I used a DS Trooper head and had to drill in deeper to make the thin Mon Cal neck work, but he looks human now!

« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 05:21 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: March 2, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Did any heads just swap onto it easily, or no?

That's one pissed off looking pilot.

Interesting Wave 11 sighting, or lack there of, in my neck of the woods...  Today at the local Toy Show, I saw only one dealer's table with Deleted Scene figures.  I guess I'm not the only one NOT finding these.   :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 3, 2012, 12:25 AM »
Haha!  He does look pissed off!  By the way, I was wrong about it being the DS Trooper head; it's actually a Moff Jerjerrod head.  The Mon Cal's neck is so skinny and long, that some dremel/drill work will be necessary.  Any head should work with a little drilling into the existing ball socket, so that the head can sink lower than it would otherwise.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: March 3, 2012, 12:47 AM »
JJ had ona  molded on hat...  Shave that off and juist cover with the hood or did you add hair for him?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 3, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Has anyone found a head swap candidate for Cracken yet? I tried the recent Naboo Pilot, Naboo Royal Guard and ANH Rebel Fleet Trooper figures and then all "work" but the Cracken head rides too low on the neck post. Would love to use the Cracken body to make at least one more generic ROTJ Rebel Fleet Officer.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 3, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Does the Mon Cal head pop onto any bodies easily? Maybe Ten Nunb or Major Panno?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: March 3, 2012, 06:40 PM »
I really really like the bang for the buck on Leia, Lando and Luke.  All three are tricked out to the 9's and they come with lots of cool stuff.  Plus the core figures themselves are really cool.  The McCracken and Mon Cal are alright...cool set of figures.  Weird they are all from ROTJ...I would have thought they might get a couple from the other movies, oh well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: March 5, 2012, 01:10 AM »
I've not opened these yet myself, but I'm enjoying how neat they look before I go to bed.  I'll get to these later, but I did get a full set (minus Leia) for full price this weekend.  I now have doubles of everyone I wanted doubles of, and I may pick up some more McCrackens and Mon Cals along the way...

Gotta say they did some good TPM repacks too.  Hats off to Hasbro on that.  It'd be nice to have seen some OLDER figures get the repack to ease up on a cuople of the TPM repacks, but I get the idea they were going for there assuming that the TPM would be hot and all, and the figuers they chose were ultimately ok choices for the most part that will move at least steadily I think.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 5, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I've not opened these yet myself, but I'm enjoying how neat they look before I go to bed.

What you do with your action figures is none of our business Jesse.  Please keep these sorts of details private.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: March 5, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Well they're opened now, and I'm having my cigarette.  :-X

Someone asked about the Mon Cal pilot having a head you could swap with it, and man oh man, you've really got nothing here.  The neckpeg on the Mon Cal pilot is really just designed for that head, so yeah, not cool for swaps.  DB put Jerjerrod on but he's got the hat on and all, so not really a great option either.  Some work and you could do a headswap but nothing simple by any means.  Kind of disappointed there.

The Pilot is pretty great otherwise...  The details are nice, pretty good paint aps.  I like pilot diversity too, and he definitely gives you that, so my hat is off to Hasbro on that.  The inability to really re-use the body is a bummer though...  It'll take work if you want to really make it useful ultimately.

(Mc)Cracken is pretty cool...  I was looking forward to him, but I have some nits to pick on him too.  I first find the the lack of gear with him disappointing...  He has his helmet on in scenes, so the least they could do is give you the helmet for the guy.  He's half re-used parts too it seems, so why not give you the friggin' helmet.  Hell, for this price give you the headset too.  Be nice.

He's sculpted to either have a bit of a stomach, or "poof" to his costume...  It comes off weird because the belt is so recessed underneath the overlap there.  Oh, and once again a Trooper with a belt and holster.  Thanks for that on that Fleet Trooper Hasbro.  ::)  But it's a good holster on (Mc)Cracken and it's functional and so that's good at least.

One big disappointment on the Colonel though...  The pins on his shoulders.  I rarely cite this as something I'm upset about, but on Cracken it really REALLY shows.  They're bright tan on the darker brown vest.  Really horrible looking and a shame because the sculpt is pretty fantastic overall, but marred by this.

Back to accessories (Mc)Cracken comes with, the big gun is perplexing...  It reminds me of the Jabba's Nikto with the big deck gun.  WTF was that thing designed to go with!?  Well, Col. McCracken has an equally perplexing accessory with his bazooka weapon that has two plugs on it that look like it maybe was intended to go with some vehicle or something.  Weird.  Not very detailed either, kind of cheap looking.  It seems like a weapon from another era almost.

The best figures in the wave are the mains...  Leia is mostly re-used, and I didn't buy her, but she has a lot going for her since the body was fantastic and the head is new.  The robes are nice, she has removable goggles...  It's a nice figure regardless of the re-used parts.

The Lando is the home run...  Great sculpt, great likeness, great articulation, pretty good paint aps, great accessories right down to his gameboy.  Really a great figure.  Best of the wave actually.

He has the working holster, goggles, 2 separate robes, the gameboy, a pistol...  He's just great, and a figure that I think everyone will want 2 of.  Like Zam Wessel's last figure sort of, I think people will want to display him both ways, and with Lando's proven failure at retail, it's probably a good idea Hasbro delivered a double buy figure here.

Another plus in Lando's column is he's basically the only totally new figure in the wave.  Everyone else re-uses parts, and as far as I'm aware Lando doesn't.  I didn't compare him closely to General Lando, but I'm pretty sure his headsculpt is new as it looks better to me.  This is definitely the wave winner and you're gonna want more than one.

Luke is nice too...  He's a nice Jedi Luke but it's a little downer to me that you can't put his saber hilt in his belt somehow.  He does stash it when he and Leia are going for their escape.  Again, re-used parts...  couldn't Hasbro give us a "shot" hand too?

I see people disappointed in the cloak on Luke and I can't blame them I guess, but to me softgoods are something that anyone with some time and a sewing machine can remedy.  Find a Vinty Luke cloak and use it as a pattern...  I just don't get too annoyed by things I can fix myself with some ease.  It's not like painting something, or sculpting.

Otherwise though, Luke's rocking everything he should...  A solid sculpt, hyper articulation with the ball jointed wrists and hips, a nice wind-swept hair to his new headsculpt...  Not sure if you can swap heads with the nicely combed Duel Luke, but if you can that's pretty awesome. 

His saber parts are neat, so you can have him sort of building the tools of his trade, but overall he's really just a solid Jedi Luke that could be re-used repeatedly.  Again, my only gripe on Luke is the lack of an extra "shot" hand.

An overall commentary on the wave though...

This wave re-used so many parts, it's not even funny.  Other than Lando, everyone re-used major components like the legs/lower torso of an older figure, or arms, or an entire sculpt except the head...  I'm not against that, but it's just fun to point it out in this day and age, how money's saved pretty routinely in this line.

Oh, and by the way...

Luke's belt....  what's up with that?   ???  When did he wear this?