Author Topic: Walmart "Discover the Force" TPM3D Basic Figures  (Read 86609 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart "Discover the Force" 3D Movie Figure Wave
« Reply #135 on: February 9, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Mawhonic - Wow, like some have said, this figure is even weirder in person.  It's so tiny... and looks so damn strange!  I'd expect that a Gran that is a child (guess he's a child?) would have a larger head... but the sculpt is downright amazing... as is the articulation.  This seems like a shrunked down figure... the sculptor did an amazing job.  They even got the hole in his left ear added in. 

what I find odd is the differences between Mawhonic and Ree-Yees.  Mawhonic's hands are human, but his feet are not - Ree-Yees is the exact opposite.  Are we now supposed to have the understanding that there are different races of Grans like there are Niktos?

And about Aurra again, the height and lankiness of her figure is what I always liked about her.  I haven't opened mine yet so I am not sure if I will be slightly disappointed when I do open her.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: February 9, 2012, 07:42 PM »
I don't have Aura here to compare her to a figure like a Stormtrooper that one could consider "average" but that's a good way to go...  or stand her near the Jedi Luke and see if she's similar.  That's about Hammil's height.

The new pilots make the old ones  look knock-offish by comparison.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #137 on: February 9, 2012, 10:13 PM »
I also scored on these at Wally after Ben tipped me off to the mother load.  Got everyone (Ben already picked up the droid and Mawhonic for me) and I have to say this is an extremely awesome set of figures.

I bought three pilots.  That's how great they are.  I really love these guys and they are super easy customs - Naboo Royal Guard, Rebel Fleet Trooper, A-Wing Pilot(s) and the Endor Soldiers will swap out.  Endor soldiers a little loose, but instant Bravo squad.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2012, 09:20 PM »
That's the first I've heard of an endcap now...  Hmmm.  Was it at a bigger or smaller WM?

I know one I frequent is a smaller store and they often got endcaps and never got the aisle displays.  Was the endcap on a main aisle or was it facing towards the back?

It is a larger store, they moved it today to the back end cap of the action figure aisle.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2012, 09:48 PM »
So far all I've found of this wave are Ric Olie & G8-R3 as well as the leftovers like the Tusken Raider and Destroyer Droid.  It goes without saying that the Qui-Gon's, Obi-Wan's and Darth Maul's have been lingering.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2012, 02:59 AM »
Being that I don't have any Wallymarts anywhere within an hour of me, I sure can't wait til Aurra sees general release in TVC. I seriously she had ankle joints until yesterday when I first saw loose pics of her.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2012, 11:49 AM »
My Mawhonic and Aurra both have one leg longer than the other.  ???
It reminds me of my old POTF Bespin Han.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2012, 01:14 PM »
That happens WAY too often, especially at the cost of figures these days.  I didn't notice it on my figures, but Barriss Offee from last year was widely reported to have the one leg shorter issue going on, including myself.  It really ruins her.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2012, 11:18 AM »
I went to Walmart yesterday and they had the 3D movie wave. There were 3D glasses all over the place! Some kids had a field day removing them from the cards and scatering them throughout the asile. There were only a couple of cards that still had the glasses intack. Weird since we were just talking about this happening.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2012, 11:40 AM »
I went to Walmart yesterday and they had the 3D movie wave. There were 3D glasses all over the place! Some kids had a field day removing them from the cards and scatering them throughout the asile. There were only a couple of cards that still had the glasses intack. Weird since we were just talking about this happening.

I don't get that.  They are one with the card.   It's not even perforated.  If you want to take them off, you need a scissor or you need to raggedly rip them off with your hands.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2012, 12:59 PM »

It wasn't kids. I did it. I wanted to stick it to MOC collectors. Also, I thought they were x-ray glasses and kept looking for a pair that wasn't "defective".  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Yeah I've not personally seen people ripping the glasses off (yet).  I can see it happening but I'm more inclined to think it's someone intentionally being a douche than a kid, due to the work involved.  I could see a kid nabbing one pair, but not nearly every figure or something.  That smacks of douchebaggery.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2012, 02:03 PM »
I found a lone case hanging on the pegs yesterday. No glasses on the floor but the cards were bent to hell and back. I snagged Ric Olie, Aurra, Gungan and the Naboo Pilot, who looks like the left half of his face is melting. Would have gotten the Destroyer but the bubble was crushed so bad it was about to rip off the card.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2012, 03:43 PM »
I found the wave, but only bought the Astro-mech droid. Was thinking about Aurra, but will power won out.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:43 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2012, 08:58 PM »
After catching the movie on Friday, I hit the "across town" WM and they had one of the aisle display thingys full of this wave (our local store just had a handful on the pegs and nothing else).  I haven't noticed any of the glasses missing either.  Unless I missed something when opening mine up, I thought you'd have to cut (or rip) them off too, didn't seem like something that would easily fall off.  As far as the figures go, they all seem pretty great.  Aurra Sing and the Pilots in particular seem very nice.