Author Topic: Walmart "Discover the Force" TPM3D Basic Figures  (Read 86619 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart "Discover the Force" 3D Movie Figure Wave
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2012, 10:25 AM »
And now, I've gotten around to opening these DTF figures. I can't deny these are very well made.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48 AM »
I bought these initially and have not opened them yet as I originally planned on having the possibility of returning them later.  I figured we would see them pop up in a future case assortment down the line and therefore I would not need the DTF release as I would get the same figure out of said case assortment.

Well, for the foreseeable future, they are not being recarded and put into future cases.  I will still hold off on opening them until probably the full term (90 days) of the receipt, but it looks like I will be keeping them. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2012, 02:52 PM »
So, is the new Jar Jar figure in this assortment? Is he going to be released in the Vintage line eventually?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Saw and bought another astromech from the wave...  I'm seeing restocks of these fairly often.  Gonna customize the droid to some extent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2012, 08:50 PM »
So, is the new Jar Jar figure in this assortment? Is he going to be released in the Vintage line eventually?

No. Jar Jar is coming later this year on vintage card only. The current Jar Jar is different, less articulated on a Movie Heroes card.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2012, 01:03 AM »

Yeah I think he's due out around Fall in the Vintage line but as scockery noted, nothing of him in the DTF.  His Movie Heroes figure looks good though...  better than a lot of the Movie Heroes figures, but his Vintage one is to be "definitive" I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2012, 07:48 AM »
His Movie Heroes figure looks good though...  better than a lot of the Movie Heroes figures, but his Vintage one is to be "definitive" I guess.

At the beginning of this year, I had the intention of buying the Movies Heroes version of Jar Jar, since it was going to be better than any version that I have of that character in my collection (you know, the ones from 1999 and 2000).  But ever since learning about the color error with the figure's vest/shirt, I have decided to pass on this version and just wait for TVC.  Heck, I've waited years for a definitive update for this character - what's six more months, right?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Yeah plus it'll be a tad better too, overall...  at least I'd assume that anyway.  But deco issues and stuff, those are all good reasons to wait too.  Though that MH one doesn't look too bad though, shockingly.  I'm curious why other MH figures aren't as nice.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2012, 06:11 PM »
I'm curious why other MH figures aren't as nice.

That's a good question, since Jar Jar is arguably the best new figure in the Movie Heroes line so far. Until I was informed of the color errors, he seemed to be on par with figures from The Vintage Collection, despite having a little less articulation.  Why the inconsistency with regard to the other figures in the second wave?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Lack of ball jointed shoulders, no wrists, no ankles seem like more than a little less. To me anyway. The shoulders were the deal breaker.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2012, 07:04 PM »
I can do without them myself...  To me it's the knees and elbows that, if they're not at least jointed, the figure's really sad...  though, $9 you should get the elbows, shoulders, ankles, etc.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Lack of ball jointed shoulders, no wrists, no ankles seem like more than a little less. To me anyway. The shoulders were the deal breaker.

Oh, he has swivel shoulders; I hadn't noticed that.  And from the pictures over at Rebelscum, I cannot tell whether or not has he has ankle joints.  I thought that he did.  But, it's all a moot point for me anyway, since I plan on passing on this figure in favor of the figure being released later this year in The Vintage Collection.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2012, 01:48 AM »
The only figures I bought from this wave were Ric Olie, Naboo Pilot, Gungan Warrior, Mawkhonic, and G8-R3.  I never saw the Droids Battlepack.  I don't remember seeing the Pod Racers either.  I was going to get the Racers for the Flags but that temptation went away.   I do think the flags were good accesories those since we'll never get any new Pod Racer vehicles.  I am waiting to buy Aura Sing and Jar-Jar Binks for the vinty cardbacks.  I may or may not for some of the others.  I mainly just wanted Maul, Kenobi, and Jinn for the vintage cardbacks.  I may get Anakin Padawan, Sidious, and the Battle Droid though. 

My son does want the light-up saber figures.  I have been looking for that wave but have not seen it yet.  To bad they did not upgrade Padme Theed Battle to SA.  I would have snatched that up along with a new Panaka.  Oh well!

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I just got back from Walmart with a DTF Darth Maul figure.  I want to compare the paints app of this new one to the Evolutions Maul that I already have in my collection.  I'll keep the one with the best paint apps; and if they are indistinguishable, then I'll take back this new one.   

Yes, I'm an OCD collector.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:36 PM by MasterFisto »

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Finally !! Something to sink my wallet into..  :D

With no interest in the clone wars have spent little(actually that's a good thing)over the past two years. I splurged over the latest offerings. Podracers, Gungan Warrior, and Tuskin Raider are Too Cool.

Also picked up all the QS droids too.

I am enthused !!  ;D

Rodger
The New Sandcrawler Workshop