Author Topic: SDCC Zarana  (Read 8362 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
SDCC Zarana
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Ok JoeDefender guys.

I have two extra Zaranas in Pink, sorry my source dropped the ball on the variant.

If you don't get one tomorrow on HTS.com, come back here I am giving them away right here.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Zarana
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 04:04 PM »
YOU ROCK PAUL!  I'm only really interested in the pink version, but I know she's going to go quick.  I've still yet to find a good deal on the basic version of Slaughter from last year.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:58 PM »
That's awesome, between this and the Indy set.

Zarana and Skystriker/Starscream are my two top wants for tomorrow, followed shortly by the Indy set.  It's nice to know that I might have a second chance at two of them if I miss in the morning.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:13 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. I know I only want two pink Zaranas, so at least I don't have to chase the variant.

I looked on ebay earlier today, and there was about five pages worth of SDCC Zaranas for sale aready.  ::) I'm sure Hasbro made more Zaranas than they did Slaughters, but the speculation on this year's exclusive will make it just as hard to get as last year's.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Awesome Paul!  I'm hoping I'm able to grab Zaranna today at some point, but it's nice to potentially have a backup plan.

I'm not getting either the Indy set or the Starscream Skystriker, but if I'm able to grab them, I'll pick them up for someone here.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51 PM »
Waited all damn morning for these to go up. Finally got a chance to order, and it took so long that even the regular version went out of stock. Dang. eBay it is, just like with Slaughter.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Yup it's just a losing battle.  I'm just glad their site kept crashing and they weren't stealing stuff out of my cart this year.  Looks like I may need to toss the Zarana's in the parking lot and hope for a good deal someday.  I was able to secure Starscream through a local on tfw so not all was lost.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Missed on this one.  Lack of computer access and dead battery on my laptop after the store kept crashing for nearly 3 hours.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 04:30 PM »
At one point, I had the DS set, Starscream / CC, Zarana and the Indy set all in my cart. By the time I finally managed to check out, I ended up with Zarana and Indy sets only.

Oh well, managed to get my number one want in Zarana, the others were just to help others out here.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Yup it's just a losing battle.  I'm just glad their site kept crashing and they weren't stealing stuff out of my cart this year.  Looks like I may need to toss the Zarana's in the parking lot and hope for a good deal someday.  I was able to secure Starscream through a local on tfw so not all was lost.

Sorry Mike.  I had Zarana and an Indy set in my cart for a long time, but just couldn't get past the first check out screen.  Hopefully you can find one later on through some other means.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Ok guys, I have a couple extras.

Let's be civil about this (like 90% of our guys are)... please only enter the draft if you didn't get one.

Send ME a PM and I will have one of the non participating staffers pick a number (that I will randomly assign to those of you that enter).

Don't go to EBAY YET!!!  Get a free one off of JD.com.

I will pick a name at 3pm Tomorrow, Fort Worth, Texas (Central) Time.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Ok I got the email/pm's from a few of you.

I am going to give one away today and then we are doing a Site giveaway with Indy sets, Death Star Sets and the other 2 Zaranas... So a total of 3 given away here at JD.com.... Sorry guys we are just a lowly Star Wars site, we didn't get as many to giveaway as the "Real" Joe sites.

I know I said 3pm, but I had a client call take longer than it should.

Today's winner is..................................................

P-Siddy!!!!

Congrats.

I am going to assume if you guys didn't get this one, you still want one and leave your name in the HAT for the other 2.  If you do score one, please let me know I want to make sure everybody gets a chance.  Can I police it? Nope.  But with our group here, I won't need to.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 09:38 PM »
The few times I checked, it was sold out.  I just want one loose for my son. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 11:01 PM »
P-Siddy (Stevey) was in line to back me up (he sold me almost his entire vintage Joe collection of which I am forever in his debt) so you can take me out of the race for Zarana.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 11:03 PM »
Congratulations Steve and Mike!  I was just hoping to get one for Mike as well, so please take my name out of the hat too.  Thanks for offering up some freebies Paul!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today