Author Topic: New York Comic Con 2011  (Read 49217 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: New York Comic Con 2011
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Wow...anyone notice this little gem of a battlepack, using the Obi Wan Outlander club figure? Talk about a step backwards...

That aside, there's a lot of figures that I'm excited about. The Naval officer is awesome and I'm chomping at the bit for that new Jedi Luke (though I wish they'd fix his cloak...there shouldn't be sleeves). The deleted scenes figures are outstanding as well.

Is there supposed to be a new vehicle reveal?

***side note, I probably won't be able to meet up with you guys tonight, but have a blast!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:52 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Wow...anyone notice this little gem of a battlepack, using the Obi Wan Outlander club figure? Talk about a step backwards...

The thing is, in it's time that was the best AOTC Obi-Wan from that period.  And in keeping that retro theme it looks like that Jango Fett may be the AOTC preview figure, too.  If Hasbro wants to offer 10 year old figures in battle packs, it makes it far easier for me to ignore them.

So far things look okay.  We'll obviously see more after the panel.  I caught up with the SWAN folks last night after they had been in the hall and they seemed underwhelmed with what was on display then.  The revisions on the pod racers look a bit better, but I was never a big fan of those vehicles in general.

The electronic Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon figures are predictably bulky.  That's what comes with electronics in a figure, though.  I guess we're likely to see more of this MOVIE HEROES line a little later on.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2011, 04:18 PM »
  I get the logic of adding a battlepack out there of those characters.  But at least put out the most up-to-date figures of those characters. The same with this re-release of the Maul Sith Speeder.  I understand putting out the Sith Speeder again but with that same Maul figure from 1999?  I guess it's a cost thing. 

I knew they were going to so something with 3D glasses.  That did not surprise me but it is kind of funny to now see it. 

Good I just want to see what the Naboo fighter will look like.  I am hoping it's not a straight repack of the 99 version.  I mainly want one since my son trashed it when he was younger.  Yeah, I see they are going to trickle out carded figures to.  Galactichunter has some images of a vintage carded Queen Amidaala and everyone's favorite podracer.....Ben Quadrinaros!!!  I am sure the haters are going to be stoked to see his carded image.  You are in for a treat :)  LOL!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2011, 04:23 PM »
  I get the logic of adding a battlepack out there of those characters.  But at least put out the most up-to-date figures of those characters. The same with this re-release of the Maul Sith Speeder.  I understand putting out the Sith Speeder again but with that same Maul figure from 1999?  I guess it's a cost thing.   

That one actually REALLY bothers me.  Hasbro could really draw some collectors in on the Maul with Sith Speeder if they just used a more up to date figure mold and some new deco on the speeder.

And they add insult to injury by including that same sith speeder Darth Maul in the 2-pack with Darth Sidious.  #FAIL
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Good I just want to see what the Naboo fighter will look like.  I am hoping it's not a straight repack of the 99 version.  I mainly want one since my son trashed it when he was younger.

The Naboo Fighter is all new and rumor has it that it has a function droid socket which will be odd considering the design of the actual ship necessitates a special consideration for the head and legs. I wonder if the astros will enter through the bottom as well?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2011, 04:40 PM »
I already don't like the CW figures on the Maul card. What a blended mess those pegs will be.

They're a mess now though anyway so what's the difference I guess.

So... it's looking like red inserts for the Movie Heroes and slightly differently shaped blue inserts for the Clone Wars figures is how they are going to differentiate the lines.  I guess I should have picked up on that from the "works with" logo/colors on the back of Anakin's Pod Racer box.  At least the inserts are larger and more noticable than the current orange stripe that separates them.

The Naboo Fighter is all new and rumor has it that it has a function droid socket which will be odd considering the design of the actual ship necessitates a special consideration for the head and legs. I wonder if the astros will enter through the bottom as well?

Hmmm... would that maybe tie into the fact that the "Royal Starship Droids" box set droids all look like they are using the BAD sculpt?  Maybe you'll have to yank the legs off to get the astrodroid in there. :P  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Isn't a portion of the Naboo Starfighter shown on the back of Ric's cardback?  Or was that the old version..or something else?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2011, 06:15 PM »
May I make a suggestion? If the picture is blurry, don't post it.

You could suggest that I guess, if who is at the show were dedicating 100% of his time there to show coverage.  However Paul is there on his own dime and time, and hadn't even eaten supper yet at 9 pm so he could anger people with a blurry pic here and there.  ;)

Plus Paul isn't used to doing everything by himself either since he usually has us with him but I couldn't attend due to things at home.  He just uploaded what he had and was running to eat, so I think it's fair to give a pass ya know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Panel photos are online.

Looks like movie heroes will be worse than Legends in terms of bad repacks. The ROTS Super Battle Droid...really? (Hopefully a stock photo, like the CW Battle Droid shown).  A Maul that's either new or the Saga Sith training one recolored/retooled. If the photos are accurate, lots of action feature molds that we never wanted to see again.  :P

Some new molds besides Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan...but are they very articulated? Doesn't look like it.

AAT, Sith Infiltrator, Naboo Fighter (Still in Starfighter asst)...no surprises...though the AAT is said to be new. Another Fighter Tank repaint for some reason.

Scant few CW additions through early spring...not surprising. Commando Boss and Phase 2 Rex.

Movie Battle packs are as bad as thought (they dug out the Saga Bespin Escape Chewie). CW one has Cut-Up in training gear, bomb squad clone and Hardcase.

Realistic CW seasons 1-3 1/2 Anakin. Meh.

Vintage boxed V-19....uh...why vintage box an EU item?  ???

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:40 PM by scockery »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2011, 07:56 PM »
OMG Aurra Sing comes with "briefcase" for lightsabers

http://www.banthaskull.com/images/NYCC11/nycc11_3_066.jpg
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Can I be the first one to say that I'm not at all impressed...repack repack repack

Like I said during SDCC,  the Ep1 stuff is cool and fills a ton of holes but this show really didn't reveal anything else...no Jar Jar!  Sales really must suck ass right now

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2011, 08:12 PM »
One good thing is that some of those Walmart exclusive TPM figures will be available in the Vintage line later.

New R2 spouts out 32 lines!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Can I be the first one to say that I'm not at all impressed...repack repack repack

Like I said during SDCC,  the Ep1 stuff is cool and fills a ton of holes but this show really didn't reveal anything else...no Jar Jar!  Sales really must suck ass right now

A new Jar Jar is in the Movie Heroes line
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2011, 08:24 PM »
One thing's for sure, they're holding stuff for Toy Fair. And they are going to have a Big Ship next year.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Good I just want to see what the Naboo fighter will look like.  I am hoping it's not a straight repack of the 99 version.  I mainly want one since my son trashed it when he was younger.

I saw it from afar, but it appears that there is a section that flips open forward so that you can access the socket and the cockpit. Once close, I believe it's supposed to hold the droid... And the cockpit will slide open as well.

A highlight for me was turning around and almost brushing up against Eliza Dushku.  >:D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:40 PM by P-Siddy »