Community > Hall of Justice

DC Universe Classics Club

(1/9) > >>

Jeff:
Looks like DCUC will join the MattyCollector Club Madness.  Should be interesting to see what they pick for the club... I'd imagine it will be pretty pbscure stuff if it's going club/online and not retail.

Brian:
I was just reading through some of the info about DC stuff at AFI, and I guess Wave 20 will be the last retail wave of DCU Classics.  They mention with the DCU reboot that they thought it was a good time to "kickstart", and that there will still be 6" figures that will fit in with your existing collection.  Not sure what that means, unless they are just starting a new DCUC-type line, but maybe with the newer DCnU "looks" or something.  Anyways, here's the lineup for Wave 20, then it is Matty from now on:

Green Arrow
Reverse Flash
Hawk
Dove
Red Arrow
Nekron CnC

drewlam:
Yeah, after wave 20 it's mattycollector only.  Club DC universe memberships are available now, until Aug 5th I believe.

One thing I am unclear on - it says that the club will go forward only if they have enough memberships.  I'm not sure if that means only the club is dependent on memberships, or if them continuing to make DC figures available on MattyCollector is dependent on them getting enough memberships.  They've got a progress bar on the DC club, and either it's not working at the moment, or they have almost no memberships.  I would really hate to see the line die, so hopefully they either don't need the memberships or that progress bar is just not working.

The matty site has a survey for the first DC club "extra size" figure.  The options are Shaggy Man, Metron with Mobeius chair, Rocket Red and Blackest Night Swamp Thing.  Rocket Red gets my vote all the way.  It would be nice to round out the JLI characters.  The one I would want the least is the Swamp thing - but I have a bad feeling he would win.  I'm excited to try and get a Swamp Thing from SDCC.  He looks awesome and is a figure I've wanted for a long time.  But to get a black repaint of him?  When he's a character that to my knowledge is only a few months old, and has only been in a handful of comics?  No thanks.

Greedo The Green Menace:
From everything I've read, it sounds as if the line is dead if they don't get enough memberships, which sucks, since I don't think a lot of people are clear on that. I've seen a lot of posts on various boards saying they'll just cherry pick and nevermind the sub.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Greedo The Green Menace on July 24, 2011, 10:24 PM ---From everything I've read, it sounds as if the line is dead if they don't get enough memberships, which sucks, since I don't think a lot of people are clear on that. I've seen a lot of posts on various boards saying they'll just cherry pick and nevermind the sub.

--- End quote ---

Can you blame people?  The sub plus $15/figure is ridiculous pricing.  $15 to sell direct should be enough profit for them.  If they want to know how many to make, then run pre-orders for everything like SSC does.  This is just poorly run IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version