Community > Hall of Justice

DC Universe Classics Club

<< < (2/9) > >>

evenflow:
I couldnt bring myself to do the subscription even though i do it for MOTU. Over the last 4 waves of figures, i picked up only 1-2 per wave. Its a combo of character selection and the price. If the exclusives was announced at Metron of the Black Lantern Swamp Thing i would have been more inclined but i will just try ebay if either of them win.

Brian:
Yeah, I'm unlikely to go for the sub either.  I'm sure the figures will be well done, but I've also gotten to really cherry picking this line anymore - and expect that to continue.  I may have been out of the loop, but I thought this whole "Wave 20 is the last retail wave" came out of nowhere at SDCC.  One of the biggest stories to me, and I was surprised to see it ending.

I guess, overall, it has really been a nice run if it does wrap up (or continues on Matty Collector).  I think I've gotten the majority of what I wanted from this line, and what I can think of that was still on my wishlist (Huntress, more Bat villains) could come down the pike later on I guess.  From the sounds of things, some other sort of 6" DC line is coming up - and I'm guessing it will be "rebooted" to some extent as well and probably offer new versions of the characters in the new DCU (like the Justice League with the collars, other costume updates).  All in all, a pretty good run for DCUC - whether it ends now or continues online.  Although I'm familiar with most of the characters now, I didn't necessarily grow up with DC outside of Batman - so they have covered a lot of the stuff I was hoping to see in the line (and then some).  It may have absolutely nothing to do with it, but I wonder how the line is doing at retail?  They have gotten more and more obscure with recent waves, so that could have been the test.

drewlam:
I decided to go for the sub.  Based on that progress bar not actually moving, I have a feeling it will be cancelled.  But if it goes ahead I'm in for the first year at least.  If they won't be at retail any more, then 12 figs a year is actually scaled back from what they've been doing as it's been at least 3 waves a year (and some of those waves were 7 figs).

I do have most of the characters I want, but at the same time I love the DC universe and it's cool to see some of the more obscure ones.  Back in the day I had collected "Who's Who", and spent many hours going over those and reading all the bio's of characters I didn't know.  So I'm guessing I'll be somewhat familar with almost anything they throw at me.

evenflow:
I hear about this progress bar but dont see it anywhere on the site. I am still passing on the subscription though. Of the 3 figures they should for the year i just want 1, cant be a good sign for me.

Jeff:
In an effort to get more subs sold, Mattel revealed that Poison Ivy will be one of the subscription figures...  nice mix they have going - GL, Batman, and JSA.  Hitting a little bit of DC's best sellers it looks like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version