Author Topic: POTF2 Recent Purchases  (Read 59955 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: POTF2 Recent Purchases
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 12:07 PM »
I just got a couple of those prototype vehicles from the "Art of Start Wars" series they did, namely the prototype Snowspeeder and Bespin Cloud Car.  I remember seeing them in stores back in the late 1990s, but didn't bite...  Then this past week, the bug hit me and I found them MIB for under $20 on eBay and Amazon.  I've read these vehicles didn't sell that well, but I thought they were actually done quite nicely.  The Snowspeeder had some decent weathering and paint apps in particular and the action features aren't too funky.  The figures (naturally) aren't the greatest, though I rather like the look of the prototype Cloud Car pilot...
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Yeah, they were shelf warmers, but by then there was a glut of Star Wars product building up everywhere.

Air speeder was cool. The pilot was oddly quite tall.

The Cloud Car was a disappointment for me at the time. Maybe because the real deal was better and wouldn't be made in the modern line for a decade. And the silly shooting nose cone (means every time you find a used one, that nose is missing!)

The Rebel Speeder Bike is worth getting, even if it seems more like a riding lawnmower.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 09:07 PM »
I love the CC now for that reason Scockery...  It's like it goes up 100% thanks to that Saga beauty...  Speaking of, I have like a dozen of those I need to sell.  :-[

The Airspeeder I army built...  That was an old EU rebel speeder so I always intended on repainting and detailing them.  And yes, an absurdly tall pilot.  He's like a whole other scale.

I will say the CC pilot was odd but he had insane levels of detail for the time.

The Rebel bike though, man it sucks. :(  The pilot was bland too.  Easily the worst.

There was definitely an issue in 98 with over production and then the clearance floodgates opened and man you could get those for like $5 I think?  Kaybee and Hills...  TRU too I think?  Man I overbought during that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:10 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 01:57 PM »
Remember the $10 AT-ATs?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Oh yes.  Should dig out what I have and sell.  He'll the BATAT is pretty pricey now too and they clearanced out fairly cheap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 08:40 PM »
I never got $10 AT-AT's.  :'(

I still never got the cruise missile trooper. The idea of a non-removable figure was offensive. Strangely, in all my garage sale goings, I've never come across one or parts of one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 08:49 PM »
I got one but man it's one of the goofiest things ever made.

Hills was where the toys were...  And that's where I got the $10 ATATs back in the day.  They were blowing out stuff since they were going under.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Picked up today the potf2 Expanded Universe Speeder Bike with pilot.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 01:00 AM »
My dad found a Darth Vader's TIE Fighter at a yard sale. The top hatch snap/connector tab is broken but the hatch was surprisingly still there and its tabs keep it on. No torpedoes, of course, because...kid-owned.

Why is it almost always the character ships? LOL.  I've got a squadron of TIE ADVANCED now...(even though Vader's design was unique even for a TIE advanced...bah!)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 01:00 AM by Scockery »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 9, 2016, 04:04 PM »
An A-Wing today for 25 cents. The side guns and canopy were missing and the landing gear needs fixing.

Good thing there's a healthy star wars repro parts industry.... :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: September 9, 2016, 09:21 PM »
That's a lot of work, but a quarter is a quarter I guess.

A crashed AWing with an ejected seat might be an easier custom than trying to fix it though.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2016, 12:33 AM »
I've taken one with faulty landing gear apart before and swapped parts with another.  In fact, this one may donate to that one someday or vice versa, because that one had the guns (but no canopy).

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 5, 2016, 08:50 PM »
Found Ponda Baba, sealed  at 29 soles in Perú; i.e.  $    
8,49 aproximately.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2017, 11:34 PM »
I ordered the Millennium coin Emperor Palpatine this month.