Author Topic: Lego 2012  (Read 32768 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2012
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Saw the Skiff at TRU today along with the Bespin and Yavin planet sets. Skiff rang up at $29.99, so I'll wait for it to hit Target/WM where it'll be cheaper.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 8, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Picked up the skiff today at Target. It is on a 1 dollar off "sale" so you can feel good about buying it. It rang up for 23.74. I also picked up the mini x wing planet set. Not bad for a little over 30 bucks. Two vehicles, 5 figures, a sarrlac, a planet, and stand. Hasbro could learn something from this. If figures are not going to have articulation anyway Lego is getting my dollar.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 07:49 AM »
I already have the Green Jedi Starfighter, the Gungan submarine or Bongo, and The Desert Skiff. 
UPDATE: I now have the escape pod and Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:18 AM by 77Skywalker »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Broke down and got the 2012 Advent Calendar at TRU today "on sale" for $40. ::) I searched every store in my area but no WM or Target had any, so I caved.

They did have a BOGO half off sale though, so I snagged the retiring Naboo Planet set, giving me a complete set of Series 1 just as they go out of production

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Broke down and got the 2012 Advent Calendar at TRU today "on sale" for $40. ::) I searched every store in my area but no WM or Target had any, so I caved.

They did have a BOGO half off sale though, so I snagged the retiring Naboo Planet set, giving me a complete set of Series 1 just as they go out of production

They've been on clearance at the Lego store down by me for a long time now at $24.99.  It wouldn't be a huge difference after shipping, but if you still have your receipt I could save you a few bucks if you want me to see if they have any left when I go back to work.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 02:42 AM »
Thanks Rob but I think I'll be okay... like you said, any profit would basically be voided after you calculate shipping and all of the gas I used driving around town to look for the thing (even hit up our local LEGO store, they only had the late-2012 sets)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 04:04 AM »
Some Targets have them for $35
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 8, 2013, 08:59 PM »
I know a lot of the 2012 stuff will slowly get phased out now, but I was curious, will the Jabba's Palace set be around for a bit yet?  I know places like TRU (which I know is higher priced) and Amazon sometimes have the sets available a bit longer than Target/WM, so I was wondering if that set might be available for awhile yet.  I've just been getting more into LEGO over the past year, and I'm still learning the availability patterns a bit.  Thanks for any advice.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 9, 2013, 06:59 AM »
I know a lot of the 2012 stuff will slowly get phased out now, but I was curious, will the Jabba's Palace set be around for a bit yet?  I know places like TRU (which I know is higher priced) and Amazon sometimes have the sets available a bit longer than Target/WM, so I was wondering if that set might be available for awhile yet.  I've just been getting more into LEGO over the past year, and I'm still learning the availability patterns a bit.  Thanks for any advice.

Generally, the brick and mortar stores phase them out after about six months.  I've been to three Walmarts in the past week and they had none of the larger Star Wars sets.  Granted, they also don't have any figures on the pegs besides the TPM from the Vintage line and some clone wars stuff.

I just ordered the Jabba set off of Walmart.com.  Shipping was only ~$4.  Lego.com generally has the sets around a year or longer after their initial release.  All of their prices are MSRP unless they are running a sale.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 9, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Amazon had Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit for $160 the other day - probably still do (no tax + free shipping in most states) 

I hear Target will be honoring online competitor prices all year long....not sure how the 0 tax thing would fly though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28 PM »

I would assume Jabba's Palace will hang around until at least summer, probably until the end of the year.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16 PM »

I would assume Jabba's Palace will hang around until at least summer, probably until the end of the year.

I picked up Jabba's palace on clearance at walmart for $79 on Friday- I haven't been seeing it at Target since Christmas, so I wouldn't wait too long. Toys R us may have them longer, but they are generally more expensive too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 11:02 AM »
I've seen it for $130 at a Target or two.  $79 was a decent price for the set though.

Now to wait on a deal for the bottom portion...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 01:32 PM »
My Target has Jabba's palace priced at $120.00 now - I wonder if this the first "clearance" price. Gonna keep my eye on it, with all the sets I'm buying lately, I'd love to be able to get it at something closer to the WalMart $79 clearance price.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 06:38 PM »
My Target has Jabba's palace priced at $120.00 now - I wonder if this the first "clearance" price. Gonna keep my eye on it, with all the sets I'm buying lately, I'd love to be able to get it at something closer to the WalMart $79 clearance price.

Wasn't $120 the regular price at Target for that one?