Author Topic: Pro Tech cases for carded kubricks  (Read 6237 times)

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
Pro Tech cases for carded kubricks
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:38 PM »
I was a member of this forum awhile back and I purchased pro tech plastic cases for my carded kubricks. It was from somebody on this forum. I can't remember his name but he used to make custom cards for the kubricks. Well I have run out of cases and can't seem to find them any where. Or maybe I am just missing them. I looked on the back of the cases for product number or such, but all it says is pro tech. Does one of you fine people know where to get some? I tried searching this site and found only people saying about Oscar cases. Any help is much appreciated... i need to protect my bricks lol.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Pro Tech cases for carded kubricks
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Do you want the flexible plastic cases or are you looking for the hard acrylic cases with the slide out bottoms?  Not that I have a lead on either...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03 PM »
I'm looking for the flexible ones.  lol I have no leads on either also.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 03:03 PM »
I can't remember his name but he used to make custom cards for the kubricks.

That sounds like bikeridetony, who unfortunately passed away a few years ago.  He made some awesome custom cards for some of the figures. 

I'd just go googling with "pro tech case" and the dimensions.  There were still a few places around that sell those soft cases, but a lot of the wholesalers of those cases seem to be drying up as less and less people worry about collecting carded figures.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 07:42 AM »
I can't remember his name but he used to make custom cards for the kubricks.

That sounds like bikeridetony, who unfortunately passed away a few years ago.  He made some awesome custom cards for some of the figures. 

That's who it was bikeridetony. Sorry to hear he passed on, he did do amazing jobs on the custom cards!
Going to try to google the dimensions like you said tonight after I measure the carded figures. thanks for the help!

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:32 AM »
I'm using the normal Protech Star cases as well for the carded Kubs.But nothing to compare that those Oscar cases,as the figures are slanted in a way. :(

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 01:23 PM »
i stopped using Oscar cases. they've changed over the years or stopped having as many options so none of the once I purchased match.  ::)

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 03:03 PM »
i found this but @ 20 a pop... i don't know. Might get one or two.   http://www.cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/StarWarsKubrickACardedFigureCase.html

but they also this one : http://www.cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/StarWarsKubrickBCase.html

not sure of the difference between "A" and "B"  ???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:08 PM by ceedrus »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:35 PM »
i stopped using Oscar cases. they've changed over the years or stopped having as many options so none of the once I purchased match.  ::)

That's really interesting because all of my carded figures are in Oscar cases and I've never had a problem with any of my figures fitting inside.  I'll have to report back once I put my latest four purchases in them.  Now I'm starting to worry about them fitting properly...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47 PM »
i had to take a dremel to one to get the fig to fit. but the style of cases has changed over the years... i'll try to snap some pics later.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:58 PM »
but the style of cases has changed over the years... i'll try to snap some pics later.

I would agree - some of my Oscar cases have straight edges, some have beveled/rounded edges.  Also varying dimensions on the depth - standard length and width, but some are deeper, some are shallower.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52 AM »
i found this but @ 20 a pop... i don't know. Might get one or two.   http://www.cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/StarWarsKubrickACardedFigureCase.html

but they also this one : http://www.cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/StarWarsKubrickBCase.html

I bought some of these AFA cases. They look amazing in them but the price tag is heavy.
"A" is for thin bubbles like Han, Cantina Band, Greedo and the like. "B" is for thicker bubbles like Sandtrooper and Vader. I would say if you have a favorite few get the case but to case a whole carded collection would be pricey.
That being said I own over 100 AFA cases for my vintage stuff and there's nothing close to them in quality. Oscars don't hold a candle to them. If they had a deal like the vintage ones @ 10 for $139 maybe but $20 each adds up quick.

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:14 AM »

I bought some of these AFA cases. They look amazing in them but the price tag is heavy.
"A" is for thin bubbles like Han, Cantina Band, Greedo and the like. "B" is for thicker bubbles like Sandtrooper and Vader. I would say if you have a favorite few get the case but to case a whole carded collection would be pricey.
That being said I own over 100 AFA cases for my vintage stuff and there's nothing close to them in quality. Oscars don't hold a candle to them. If they had a deal like the vintage ones @ 10 for $139 maybe but $20 each adds up quick.

I felt the heavy price tag after I ordered one. I ordered the "A" one for a test. Thanks for telling me the difference. If they are as good as you say then i might suck it up and order like once a month lol.

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2011, 09:08 AM »

got my afa case yesterday and your 100% correct. That case is sweet. I am going to order some more just for the more rare carded figures. The first case was for my Bape Fett.