Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Star Wars Trading Cards

<< < (2/2)

P-Siddy:
I've only been picking up base sets for recent releases from a local who buys boxes.  Just too expensive to chase all the inserts anymore.

Dave:
Yeah, I gave up on all the chases a long, long time ago.  It seems a box of cards will give you two base sets, one set of the basic chases, and a smattering of the harder to get chases.  That usually satisfies me, but I'm curious if its worth the trouble to get a hobby box or if I should just get a retail box (cheaper).  If the only difference is the higher end chase cards, then I'll just go with the retail boxes.

P-Siddy:
I got tired of all the parallels when I got packs retail.  Same with hobby boxes I suspect.  I don't collect them and the artificial hits are not worth it to me.  If it was an auto then great.  I think people liked the Rogue One hobby set overall with the signers.  Recently with some sets, you wouldn't get a set of base cards in a box.

If you're just looking for base sets maybe see if Matt has extras... not sure how many boxes he gets.

Blue_Harvester:
I recently got back into physical cards with the ROGUE ONE Series-1 and Series-2 Sets.
But there's no way I could even consider trying to make parallel sets.  Same for all the
inserts.  So I just scaled down to what interests me most, which for these releases are:

ROGUE ONE (Series-1)

* One complete BASE CARD Set (white)
* One complete PARALLEL CARD SET (GREEN looks the nicest to me)
* One complete set of GOOD GUY (portrait) Mains [Jyn/Cassian/Baze/Chirrut/etc] - in White/Black/Green/Blue/+
* Complete Parallel Subset of X-Wing Uniformed Pilots (BlueLdr/RedLdr/LtZal("I'm in love"))
* One complete Set of CHARACTER ICON cards  (I like this set best)
ROGUE ONE (Series-2)

* One complete BASE CARD Set (white)
* One complete PARALLEL CARD SET (GREEN again)
* Complete Parallel Subset of X-Wing Uniformed Pilots (BlueLdr/RedLdr/LtZal)
* (None of the Series-2 inserts thrill me)
-blue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version