Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47648 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #105 on: December 8, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Can't believe there isn't more talk about the Packers going undefeated this season.  The Giants were the only tough team left on the schedule...should be a cakewalk from here on out.

Never heard of them.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 8, 2011, 12:27 PM »
Yeah, the Packers are just flying under the radar... no national respect... why won't anyone take them seriously!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 8, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Yeah, the Packers are just flying under the radar... no national respect... why won't anyone take them seriously!?

Maybe if their QB would do a commercial or two people would know more about them.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 8, 2011, 04:16 PM »

Maybe if their QB would do a commercial or two people would know more about them.

Or if their stud defensive guy could catch a wussy wimpy bleachblonde Bears fan in a Fathead ad people would know more about them
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 8, 2011, 10:38 PM »
Why would you want talk about the Packers when you could talk about Tim Tebow?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 9, 2011, 02:28 PM »
I know some of you won't agree, but how big of a moronic/dirty player is James Harrison. I wish he would have followed through on his threat from a few years back and stopped playing in the NFL.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: December 9, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Considering he and McCoy were "buddy buddy" afterwards, I think you're probably missing something Nick, but your'e right, some of us won't agree.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 9, 2011, 05:03 PM »
I know some of you won't agree, but how big of a moronic/dirty player is James Harrison. I wish he would have followed through on his threat from a few years back and stopped playing in the NFL.

Given the number of fines he's accumulated, I'd have to agree.  He's certainly an effective guy to have on your defense I guess, but he's right up with Suh in my opinion.  I'd back this Skikola guy's opinion of him...

http://phantasytour.com/bands/1/topics/2930082/posts?page=1

Football is naturally a violent sport, but there is a clear difference between the guys trying to stop their opponent and the guys trying to dismember their opponent. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Did the Raiders play today? I must have missed them. Saw the Packers though.

And I guess Denver can only play in the fourth quarter/overtime.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:53 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Tebow just needs time to warm up.  About 50 minutes or so apparenly.  I still can't figure out how he keeps winning.  At 7-1, I'm not ready to rule out devine intervention.

The Packers are one notch closer to a perfect season.  Sucks to lose Jennings in a fairly meaningless game though. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2011, 09:10 AM »
Sucks to lose Jennings in a fairly meaningless game though.

I was wondering why McCarthy kept Rodgers and the starters for as long as they did. They were up 30+ at the end of the half , so they really didn't need to keep them in... unless they were trying to pad their fantasy football stats.

Not that I care about either team (though one's local) since I'm an Eagles fan, but I'm glad the Giants came back and won that (can't believe I said that). But any time the Cowgirls get beat is a happy day.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Pulling them at halftime would be a little early in my opinion.  Unlikely that the Raiders come back at that point, but pretty tough to sit your starters with half a game to go, especially when a lot of them have incentive based contracts.  He sat Rodgers and others late in the 3rd quarter, which seemed about right to me.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I totally understand, but I think if they'd prefer these guys to look at the big picture and not risk losing Rodgers or other players to injury in a 'meaningless game' so close to playoffs.

But yeah, it would suck to pay good money to see a game and have the stars pulled early.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2011, 02:23 PM »
I totally understand, but I think if they'd prefer these guys to look at the big picture and not risk losing Rodgers or other players to injury in a 'meaningless game' so close to playoffs.

But yeah, it would suck to pay good money to see a game and have the stars pulled early.

I think we're saying pretty much the same thing - I just don't think the big names should be pulled any earlier than they were on Sunday.  You want to keep these guys fresh and motivated - pulling players at half time would be a big demotivator for me as a player unless the score was absolutely crazy.  I'll give you that 31-0 is 4 scores and a tough rebound, but not impossible with half a game yet to play.  And imagine if they put Flynn in and he got sacked/fumbled/intercepted 3-4 times...suddenly the Raiders are right back in it.  Not too hard to believe given that one of Flynn's first plays when he took over was a safety. 

I am totally against resting the starters if they have things locked up in the final weeks.  Bench them half way through the third quarter?  Sure, that's fine.  But I am a firm believer that if you give guys too much time off, then they're not going to be able to perform as well when they really need to.  The Packers will already get a bye in the playoffs and homefield advantage throughout, so I'd want to see those guys out there playing as much as they can over the next month to stay fresh.  The perfect season would be pretty amazing too.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Midway through the third quarter is the soonest I think you pull guys. I agree with Justin. The last thing you want is your guys loosing that competitive edge in the playoffs because you sat them so much the last month of the regular season.

With that being said in this particular case with the Packers I'd say sit Rodgers the rest of the season including the playoffs so he is rested for next season.