Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47828 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #210 on: February 3, 2012, 11:55 PM »
I recently got to watch the Giants/Pats earlier match-up and some things I noticed:

-Giants got a lot of pressure on Brady, causing a few interceptions.  At the time, the Giants' defense was not playing as well as they are now.

-Bradshaw did not play due to injury...yet the Giants were able to get a decent run game going.

As far as recent playing:

-The Patriots have been relying on their offense out-scoring their opponents' offense and a defense that has been horrible against the run.  Their defense has stepped up during the playoffs, so we'll see what happens there.

-I thought Gronk was done when he went out of the game against the Ravens....ankles are not supposed to bend in that direction.

-The Giants are healthy overall and the defense has really stepped up.  The offense looks really good and the running game has improved during the playoffs.  Eli Manning also tends to make better decisions when under pressure than he has in the past.  He was sacked six times by the Niners and did not cough up the ball.  Last year, that would've been six fumbles.

As I sit here in my 2011, Giants NFC championship shirt, I am hoping for a big win by the G-Men, but I can see this game going either way.  I expect a low scoring game with the difference being 3 - 7 points.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 6, 2012, 09:07 AM »
I did not achieve my goal of watching NONE of this year's Superbowl, thanks to that damn SW commercial, but I came close. Guess I am glad the Giants won...probably the only time the Redskins will ever be able to say they swept the SB champs in the season.

Still think I would have been happier if they had kept the lockout going and skipped this season.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 6, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Total non-story.  However, she's right.  Welker catches that pass, then the Patriots win.  Just like 07, it took a dropped pass and a miraculous play for NY to win (this is not a knock on NY).  All I keep thinking about is "what if" Gronkowski hadn't been injured...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 6, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Pretty close game, all things considered.  NY had a couple of fumbles that they were able to recover.  If any of those go to the Patriots, or that Brady interception doesn't happen, maybe it's a very different game.  You could equally call out the Giants injuries and say they might have won by a wider margin had those not happened.  Regardless, I'm happy for NY and their fans for the most part.  Not a big fan of Brady or Billygoat, but it would have been equally nice for a guy like Chad Johnson to get a ring after all these years. 

Congrats New York!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 6, 2012, 12:43 PM »
I might have to go check out the party tomorrow. I figured it would be around mid-town and all, but it appears that it's Battery Park up to City Hall.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38 PM »
Received my 2011 Giants Super Bowl championship towel today.  I thought it would be the size of the terrible towell, but it's a bit bigger.

It's gonna look sweet on my desk at work.

Now for the T-shirt and dvd to arrive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.