Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47641 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49 AM »
McNabb - 39 yards passing, L

Grossman - 305 yards passing, W

Suck on it, national media.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20 AM »
What the heck happened to Atlanta yesterday?  Two ace receivers, a hall of fame TE, and their RB goes over 100 yards.  Result: 12pts?! 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 01:35 PM »
What was the end result of the kickoff rule after the first weekend?

I think the TD's were a result of teams not focusing on coverage during the shortened off-season.

Can't wait for tonight to watch 2 games with Teams without a team I root for involved.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08 PM »
We are only two games in. He is 0 and 2 and thrown 4 interceptions, but I think I better start eating my crow when it comes to Cam Newton now. Where did his accuracy come from?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Let's see if he can still do it a few weeks from now when he can't sneak up on anyone.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: October 2, 2011, 09:32 PM »
With the first pick in the 2012, the Minnesota Vikings select...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 3, 2011, 09:00 AM »

I wish they would get the first pick, they're one of the very few terrible teams this year who would NOT be looking to draft a QB high. Thereby increasing the odds of a trade for the right to draft Andrew Luck. I want that kid in a Redskins uniform in the worst way.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 3, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Let's see if he can still do it a few weeks from now when he can't sneak up on anyone.

Looks like he can still do it.  :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 3, 2011, 10:36 AM »
He'll be coming back down to earth soon enough.  He's not going to average 400 yards per game passing.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 3, 2011, 10:42 AM »

I wish they would get the first pick, they're one of the very few terrible teams this year who would NOT be looking to draft a QB high. Thereby increasing the odds of a trade for the right to draft Andrew Luck. I want that kid in a Redskins uniform in the worst way.

With what people are saying about Luck and what I've seen watching some Stanford games, if the Vikings really ended up with the first overall pick, they better draft Luck and then trade Ponder.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 3, 2011, 12:19 PM »

Funny!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2011, 05:12 PM »
He'll be coming back down to earth soon enough.  He's not going to average 400 yards per game passing.

Actually, if you exclude the game he played in heavy rain he 's averaging 409 YPG already.  And that's against some pretty good defenses in the Cardinals, Packers, and Bears.  The rest of the Panthers schedule is no worse than what he's already faced. 

I think he could pass for 5,000 yards this season - he only needs about 300 yards per game from here on out to hit that.  To put that in perspective, I think Marino holds the single season passing yards record at 5,084.  I certainly don't think he's still "sneaking up" on teams at this point.  Barring injuries or large amounts of rain, he sure looks on par for a record year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2011, 05:18 PM »

That would be a dream come true for MN.  But you know where Luck's really going to end up...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Actually, if you exclude the game he played in heavy rain he 's averaging 409 YPG already.  And that's against some pretty good defenses in the Cardinals, Packers, and Bears.  The rest of the Panthers schedule is no worse than what he's already faced. 

Yeah, duh.  That was my point.  That number is guaranteed to drop.  No one has ever averaged 400 yards in a season, forget in a career.  Cam Newton isn't going to be the first.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 3, 2011, 06:42 PM »
No one has ever averaged 400 yards in a season, forget in a career.  Cam Newton isn't going to be the first.

Is anyone saying he WILL reach a 400 yard per game average?  ???  I don't think anyone expects that, so not sure who you are trying to convince.

I inferred from your posts that you still didn't think much of him, but maybe that wasn't your intent.  I think he's the real deal at this point.  If he sees a 25% decline in his output for the rest of the season, he could still break the single season passing record.  As a rookie.  That's incredible.