Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47651 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Definitely rooting for the Giants in a couple weeks. I want to see a huge Super Bowl party while I'm living in New York... sure as hell ain't gonna happen in Minnesota anytime soon.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2012, 10:54 PM »
I don't really care who wins...I'll probably be rooting for the Patriots as I'm not really one of those "root for my conference" kind of guys...in fact I usually cheer for the AFC in the Super Bowl.  Some day Steve...some day!

Man what two epic choke jobs today.  That was Vikingesque

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Well, both the teams I thought would win did, but not in the fashion I thought they would  Brady looked terrible today and the Giants did their best Tebow & the Broncos impression.  I will be rooting for the G-Men I guess.  That Packers loss will taste better if I know they lost to the eventual SB Champs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2012, 11:21 PM »
What a great defensive battle the NFC championship was!  I'm glad the Giants pulled out the win, but the Niners played a great game.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2012, 04:19 AM »
Boo to two weeks of what is sure to be insufferable media coverage of Super Bowl XLVI: Super Bowl XLII 2: Super Bowl Harder.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:51 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35 AM »
I have not been to a lot of NFL games.  What's a fair price for 2 average tickets to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis?  Mulling over hunting a pair down.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2012, 09:03 AM »
I'm out...a really sucky season capped off by a ridiculously sucky Super Bowl. I already watched this game 3 years ago! B-O-R-I-N-G

San Fran vs Baltimore would have been WAY more entertaining.

I guess it seems fitting though, I'm so over all of the teams that are good right now and would really prefer to see a new crop of teams at the top of the heap for awhile.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2012, 09:11 AM »
I have not been to a lot of NFL games.  What's a fair price for 2 average tickets to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis?  Mulling over hunting a pair down.

Not sure, but I know Packers/Steelers tickets were around $3,000 last year.  That's silly money.

I'm not a big fan of the Patriots or Giants, but I'm glad they made it out of the final 4.  I find offenses more fun to watch, so this gives us the best chance of a shootout.  I could also do without 2 weeks of stories about how Ed Reed shattered Flacco's confidence.  And much as I'm impressed with how far the 49ers went, they're kind of boring to watch IMO.  Just like Denver:

Rush for a yard,
Incomplete pass,
Pass for 3yds,
Punt,
Rush for a yard,
Incomplete Pass,
50yd TD to V. Davis. 

2 big plays and 40 crap ones does not equal entertainment.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Dressel, you may be looking at a few grand per ticket. Most Super Bowl tickets are basically reserved for media types and corporate big wigs, and it's pretty hard for average people/fans to get them, much less even afford them (one of the reasons the crowds are always so lethargic volume-wise). But if you're serious about going, best of luck searching for tickets.

As for the game, I like the Niners so I was obviously rooting for them, but you just can't stop teams that get hot at the right time (Giants). I'm not really excited about the Giants/Patriots again, but if I can accept an Alabama/LSU rematch for the College Championship, I can accept Giants/Pats 2. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Depending on where you want to sit your price will vary. I don't know indy's seating capacity, but my dad and brother got tickets for around 1,500 per seat when the Steelers played the Cardinals. With new York and Boston being larger markets, I would guess the median price will be much more this year. If your goal is to go to a Super Bowl just to say you went to one, this is likely not the year to try.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2012, 12:24 AM »
I was at Superbowl 25 when the Giants beat the Bills, working security in the VIP area....epic.

I saw people come out of there with stacks of tickets and scalping them like crazy.  They were going to upwards of a grand back in 1991.  You'd probably have to sell your entire SW collection now.

Great story from back then....I got to tell Jimmy Johnson to take a hike.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2012, 12:54 AM »
Did he just lower his head and ram past you with his titanium hair?  Or did he just force his way past you standing completely "erect", as it were?   :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2012, 12:40 PM »
A buddy of mine is a huge Giants fan and has season tickets.  He was looking at Super Bowl tickets and he said the cheapest in the stadium are $2,400 each.  Damn.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56 PM »
My boss and I were discussing the possibility of going to the Super Bowl when the Vikings were a FG away two years ago...I said I would never ever shell out that kind of cash for the game due to the possibility that they could potentially lose and I'd hate the fact of blowing $5000+ on that.  Call me an eternal pessimist!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Did he just lower his head and ram past you with his titanium hair?  Or did he just force his way past you standing completely "erect", as it were?   :P

He was really nice about it actually.  I couldn't let him into the VIP area without a special pass that he didn't have.  He tried to talk his way in at first and when I explained the situation to him, he just shrugged his shoulders, sais alright andd walked off.  More like stumbled a bit....it was obvious he had been partying in the NFC tent.

I also mt Mean-Joe Green and searched Tom Landry's Wife's purse.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:11 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.