Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47634 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2012, 07:20 PM »
I wouldn't have tried keepin' Mean Joe out.   :-X

Funny, and similar story...  My dad's buddy worked security at the Civic Arena here, as well as Heinz Field and PNC Park (less the latter).  One Monday night game at Heinz he was working and along comes a seemingly staggering Hank Williams Jr.  He wants up to the owners box area and stuff.  Dad's buddy asks to see his pass and he has none.  He says, "You know who I am?", and my dad's buddy says, "No, and without a pass I don't care who you think you are", and turns him away. :)

He got to work security for the higher ups at the stadiums/arena which always lead to cool stories.  He worked the elevator to Lemieux's owner's box at the Arena, and those were awesome stories.  He took me past it once just to see when I was up in corporate boxes nearby.  I'd hoped to ride up with him in the elevator, haha.

The Hank Williams Jr. story was the best though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2012, 08:14 PM »
A buddy of mine is a huge Giants fan and has season tickets.  He was looking at Super Bowl tickets and he said the cheapest in the stadium are $2,400 each.  Damn.

Yeah I'm not dropping $5K to be there live.  I'm a Giants fan.  But I'm not insane.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25 AM »
I can put the two stadium seats we have from the original Mile High stadium in front of my 62" HDTV and not only have the in the stadium feel, but a better view.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Rutgers fans, tell me more about Greg Schiano.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2012, 02:11 PM »
I can put the two stadium seats we have from the original Mile High stadium in front of my 62" HDTV and not only have the in the stadium feel, but a better view.

Can I come over to spill some beer on you and yell some drunken obscene comments at the TV? Just for that authentic stadium feel of course.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Always welcome to visit.  But I'd prefer we not get beer on the carpet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 3, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Prediction:
Giants 31, Patriots 17

Hoping for:
Patriots 70, Giants 2
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 3, 2012, 09:56 AM »
Prediction:
Giants 31, Patriots 17

Hoping for:
Patriots 70, Giants 2

Wow! And this from a Pats fan?!  :o

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 3, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Prediction:
Giants 31, Patriots 17

Hoping for:
Patriots 70, Giants 2

Wow! And this from a Pats fan?!  :o

I just see 2007 all over again except Mannings better and the Patriots defense isn't. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm ready for it this time unlike last time.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 3, 2012, 10:18 AM »
I think the Giants are the better team going in, but anything can happen.  The Giants seemed to get stronger in the playoffs, while Brady and the pats seemed to be on the decline.  Gronk got hurt in that last game and Brady didn't throw for a single TD...that does not bode well for a well rested Giants defense.  I just hope its a close game either way and fun to watch.  I would much rather be watching the Packers vs. Patriots again, obviously because I'm a GB fan, but also because watching two teams with high octane offenses and no defense makes for a lot of big plays.

Giants 34   Patriots 24
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 3, 2012, 12:27 PM »
I think the Giants are the better team going in, but anything can happen.  The Giants seemed to get stronger in the playoffs, while Brady and the pats seemed to be on the decline.  Gronk got hurt in that last game and Brady didn't throw for a single TD...that does not bode well for a well rested Giants defense.  I just hope its a close game either way and fun to watch.  I would much rather be watching the Packers vs. Patriots again, obviously because I'm a GB fan, but also because watching two teams with high octane offenses and no defense makes for a lot of big plays.

Giants 34   Patriots 24

I'll take the Patriots.

As for Brady not throwing a TD against the Ravens... the Ravens allowed FIVE red zone touchdowns the entire season.  So naturally the Patriots weren't going to score a bunch of touchdowns.  That said, Brady did run for one even against that front 7.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 3, 2012, 06:26 PM »
the Ravens allowed FIVE red zone touchdowns the entire season.  So naturally the Patriots weren't going to score a bunch of touchdowns.  That said, Brady did run for one even against that front 7.

Brady rushing for a TD is kind of a fluke - definitely not something he is known for.  And the Ravens haven't allowed many Red Zone TDs, but Brady threw for at least one TD outside the red zone in every regular season game this year.  He had been averaging 2.5 TDs per game.  I don't want to take anything away from a solid Ravens Defense, but he just didn't look good in that game.  The Pats had better hope Gronk is good to go.  Brady was 39 TDs this year, but only 22 ex Gronk.   :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 3, 2012, 07:02 PM »
Brady rushing for a TD is kind of a fluke - definitely not something he is known for. 

If I remember right, he rushed for TWO the week I beat you in the playoffs.   :-*

(Although that might have been the week before... and yes, you're right, he doesn't do that often.)

He put up 24 against the Giants earlier in the season, he can score on them.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2012, 07:02 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 3, 2012, 09:28 PM »

He put up 24 against the Giants earlier in the season, he can score on them.

Brady can hang 30 on anyone, anytime.

But the Giants are a dramatically better defense the last 6 weeks.  And offense is clicking on all cylinders at the same time, the Pats D is not that good.

I'll take Giants 30, Patriots 20.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 3, 2012, 09:45 PM »
If I remember right, he rushed for TWO the week I beat you in the playoffs.   :-*

OUCH.