Author Topic: Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves  (Read 15856 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:57 AM »
So Yakface and JTA are both reporting that Vintage Figures are getting taken off the pegs...  I've not seen this myself yet, but it's good news since it does seem to be happening according to their reports.

I'm just curious which ones ultimately are gone, and can the ROTS Clone PLEASE be the first one to get yanked?

I saw Dengar/CC Pilot mentioned, and that's all well and good, but I don't have literally 3 dozen of those at a single store.  ROTS Clone, yeah, he overshipped a little bit.  My WM stores would probably have gotten in a deluge of Wave 7 if it weren't for this pud.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43 PM »
It's kinda sad. Because they will likely be shredded. (Not as sad those cantina aliens from Legacy that got tore up, because fandom is full of fickle fools who only seem want obscure characters 2 years after their retail release.)

I never got Dengar or that Clone...mostly because of cost.  Ha.

I bet they'll never touch those Saga Legends Obi-Wans that are just as bad peg warmers.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:06 PM »
is Hasbro ready to admit that they make terrible case assortment decisions yet?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:21 PM »
It's about time, but honestly they should have done this last year at this time.  I still see the same damn figures on the pegs from this time last year.  Hopefully they'll pull all of the Arctic Destros while they're at it to give that line a chance to survive as well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09 PM »
I saw this personally at a local Target and Wal-Mart yesterday.  Wal-Mart's wasn't as noticeable, since there were still one or two each of ROTS Obi-Wan, ROTS Anakin, R5-D4, DSE Luke, Ceremonial Han, and a single Endor Trooper.  Target, however, had ZERO vintage figures on the pegs, since their entire stock consisted of ROTS Clones, Cloud Car Pilots, Sandtroopers, and Dengars.  TRU wasn't touched, as pretty much everything pre-FOS display disappeared during their last 2 for 11 dollar sale.

So far, from what I've seen, the figures that have been pulled are:

-Dengar
-4-LOM
-Cloud Car Pilot
-Sandtrooper
-Clone Trooper (ROTS)

I'm just curious how long it will be before stores get huge shipments of Wave 5 that will clog up the system again.   ::)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 04:12 PM »
I saw this personally at a local Target and Wal-Mart yesterday.  Wal-Mart's wasn't as noticeable, since there were still one or two each of ROTS Obi-Wan, ROTS Anakin, R5-D4, DSE Luke, Ceremonial Han, and a single Endor Trooper.  Target, however, had ZERO vintage figures on the pegs, since their entire stock consisted of ROTS Clones, Cloud Car Pilots, Sandtroopers, and Dengars.  TRU wasn't touched, as pretty much everything pre-FOS display disappeared during their last 2 for 11 dollar sale.

So far, from what I've seen, the figures that have been pulled are:

-Dengar
-4-LOM
-Cloud Car Pilot
-Sandtrooper
-Clone Trooper (ROTS)

I'm just curious how long it will be before stores get huge shipments of Wave 5 that will clog up the system again.   ::)

I saw the same figures pulled at a Target, along with a few others, such as 2 Bom Vimdims and a Barriss Offee. This Target was left with only eight figures on the pegs. I haven't been to Wal-Mart lately, so I can't comment on their situation.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 05:05 PM »
I hear they are only pulling ARC troopers, Wedge Antillies and Rebel Fleet troopers.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Doc P makes a good point on what could ship to replace it...  There's obviously Wave 6 heavy in the pipelines because Wave 6 deluges hit during the TRU sale there.  WM and Target are often on similar pages, so is there going to be Wave 5, and 6, before we see much of 7, or 8/9 (whatever)?  I'm hopeful that's NOT the case, but only time is going to tell on that.

I really cannot wait for a lot of Fleet Troopers, but right now's not the most convenient time for that to happen either, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Based on what I am seeing, they need to cut a swath through those steaming piles of Legends festering about. Whether it's Walmart or Target, they invariably seem to outnumber the Clone Wars/Vintage offerings combined. I am hoping for some kind of mass clearance before they close that line out...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Based on what I am seeing, they need to cut a swath through those steaming piles of Legends festering about. Whether it's Walmart or Target, they invariably seem to outnumber the Clone Wars/Vintage offerings combined. I am hoping for some kind of mass clearance before they close that line out...

It's bizarre how the amounts of the "blue package" figures vary in my area. Some stores in my area are packed with Clone Wars and SL figures, while others have slim pickings. I have also noticed that if a store is packed with the "blue package" figures, it's either Clone Wars OR SL, rarely both. Wal-Mart is the main culprit of overstocking and mixing the various lines.

I agree about a SL clearance before the Movie Heroes assortment takes over. I'm also hoping that the packages are even more different between the lines so retailers don't mix them, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Since the SKU's/DPCI's are separate, I don't really care about Legends, or Movie Heroes, or whatever it becomes further down the line.  Just so long as the #'s in the system don't mix or halt the other two lines from selling through to a re-order point.

Around me it's like you Greg, in that some stores have more CW, or Legends, but rarely a ton of both...  Usually one looks like a glut while the other looks like something new could be in soon...  And it very well may since I haven't hit the stores as often lately.  Vintage is at a stall locally and CW I only want Seripas.  My need to go has been nill...  I'd take Savage too, but he's not even high on my list.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 07:19 PM »
It's kinda sad. Because they will likely be shredded. (Not as sad those cantina aliens from Legacy that got tore up, because fandom is full of fickle fools who only seem want obscure characters 2 years after their retail release.)

Shredded?  I thought they usually store them and throw them into battle packs and such later on?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 07:37 PM »
I've heard Derryl DePriest say that it was too labor/cost intensive to unpackage an old figure in order to repurpose it for some other pack.  More likely I think these figures will turn up in places like TJ Maxx, in overseas markets or they'll be destroyed.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:16 PM »
I have no issues with them destroying those EIII clones with the green/yellow helmets.  Those things should have never made it to the pegs.

But those sandtroopers are sweet!  I mean, I'm not exactly filling shopping carts with them at $9, but I bought about a dozen when they first came out.  Stores can clearance those.  I've got $4-5 for a bunch for sure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Do they really need to destroy them?  I know they may not be selling, but try clearancing them or even donating them to Goodwill or Toys for Tots.  That crappy yellow helmet clone could mean the world to someone who doesn't have money for toys.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today