Author Topic: Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves  (Read 15863 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 08:46 PM »
I haven't seen it here yet either, but I certainly hope it does happen.  Honestly, it isn't the Dengar and Cloud Car Pilot figures here so much (although there are some here and there), but more so the ROTS Clone and Sandtrooper.  Those things are everywhere, and our local WM in particular has just piles of them with virtually nothing else on the pegs.  It seems like things might only get worse, as all of our WMs got those AT-AT shippers with the Blu Rays that is just full of Wave 5 (I think - the one with Ceremony Han, Belt Luke, and more Sandtroopers, etc.)

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Totally agree that they shouldnt be shredded or dumped - making a donation rather then destroying toys is not only good for PR, but also for the environment, not to mention all the kids that would benefit from it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 09:02 PM »
The key offenders do seem to be these five:

-Cloud Car Pilot
-Dengar
-4-LOM
-Sandtrooper
-Episode III Clone Trooper

If these get out of general circulation it will definitely open things up for some new inventory to make it to the pegs.  And it also seems clear that Hasbro's ideas about troop building have to change in order to meet the new collector paradigm.  There have been a number of occassions when I've gone into stores and seen NOTHING but Sandtroopers, Episode II Clones and Episode III Clones.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 09:16 PM »
My area is like yours Brian...  ROTS Clones, and Sandtroopers (And Sandies are far fewer than the ROTS Clone).  I'd say ROTS Obi-Wan is almost as bad as teh ROTS Clone though...  Lots of him hanging about.  Anakin as well, hanging around a good bit.  Those 4 are far more numerous than any of the other Wave 1 figures.  Those are around, but 1 or 2...  ROTS Clone can fill 3 or more pegs at any given WM here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03 AM »
I'll be happy if they can get rid of all of the AOTC Obi-Wan figures - why they shipped him in so many assortments, considering he's a repack from the Legacy line, I'll never know.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 03:16 AM »
I'd like to see everything pulled from Waves 1, 2 and 5 myself. 3 and 4 can stay since I haven't seen a shipment of Wave 3 since November and Wave 4 never shipped here period.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Good news indeed. The are plenty of stores around here that have not had room for new stock since wave one shipped.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 11:15 AM »
I wonder if they'll take that pallet display at my local WM that no one has bought anything out of for two weeks.

But honestly, this is good news. Should have happened months ago, but better late than never.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Those pallet displays are a cruel joke.  You see it from a distance and start hoping for some new figures.  But then you see the display and it's full of TVC wave 5 & 6, and NONE of TVC wave 7.  Granted, I've gotten a few AT-RT Rider clones in the past couple of days.  But some Rebel Fleet Troopers would be a lot better received.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 12:14 PM »
The local shelves were still well stocked with Nick's big 5.  I was going to mention the pallet as well because ain't nothing going to clear out those suckers :(

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37 PM »
now i know most people hated the clone, most complaints seemed to be about the greening of the helmets.  but that was a pretty easy fix for me.  my only real complaint was the fact that the hip joint was black/white.  While H seemed to correct the problem on the Utapau version, the fact that the all white was "striped" totally turned me off even for the potential of dropping $8+ to customize.

and far as the stormie i liked, again helmet coloring not an issue, but i already have so many plain white stormie i never really felt a need for more

BUT..... if we see these being shelf pulled and say going over to Ross/TJ Maxx and whatnot I might reconsider my position  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 03:00 PM »
I wish they would clean house with the Clone Wars and Legends - way too many Commander Cody, Obi-Wan (for all three lines), White ROTS Clones (TVC and Legends) out there...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Those pallet displays are a cruel joke.  You see it from a distance and start hoping for some new figures.  But then you see the display and it's full of TVC wave 5 & 6, and NONE of TVC wave 7.  Granted, I've gotten a few AT-RT Rider clones in the past couple of days.  But some Rebel Fleet Troopers would be a lot better received.

I wish the display at my local WM had wave 6 in it. That wave didn't hit here very hard. I went back to my local WM and they had already taken the pallet down and put all the figs on the pegs, so if Hasbro ever comes to clear out the Sandies and Clones, they'll have a hell of a time with it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 02:11 AM »
I've honestly seen every wave, except 7 and 3, in good quantity here...  I saw Wave 7 too, but it was a lot of remnants mostly.  Wave 3 was the only wave I'd say was a bit tougher to track down.

Wave 4, 5, and 6, all saw heavy distribution here, especially at WM (though 5 made the rounds at Target a lot)...  they almost all would sell, but that's why all those ROTS Clones are around where I'm at.  The ROTS Wave didn't deposit the majority of them, but rather most seemed to come from the repacks actually.

Stuff sold fast though...  Definitely a "blink and you may miss it" situation with any given case that got put out.  A case here, a case there, then poof gone...  Only the pegwarmers remaining, none of the new stuff.  Gradually now it's gotten to where 4, 5, and 6 all move slower now.  3 and 7 are the only waves that really have much life to move at the moment, and 9 of course if it hits.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 10:31 AM »
In Minneapolis we've seen pretty good quantity of vintage outside of wave 4.  We have about 10 guys hitting stores regularly across the metro and I don't think any of us have ever seen that wave more than once or twice. 

I saw more evidence of the clean-up at two Targets last night.  One had about a dozen figures left, but they were all Endor Soldiers or CC Pilots.  The other store had 4 figures left - a couple of clones, Anakin/Vader.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today