Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108075 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
The Avengers: The Toys
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Collider gets a sneak peek at Hasbro packaging for The Avengers

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Thanks for posting Jay!  Looks like just Iron Man pictured so far, and he doesn't look too different from the Marvel U or Iron Man 2 figures so far.  I'll probably pass on Iron Man, but definitely looking forward to seeing what they can do with Hawkeye and Black Widow.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Looks okay so far.  The one question that I think is significant about the Avengers toy line is what scale will be the focus for the figure line:  3.75" like the current Captain America and Thor lines, or in the larger Marvel Legends scale?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Good question.  I assumed they were 4" figures, but that could easily be a 6" fig I suppose.  I'm hoping they are the smaller scale, since I have most of what I really want in 6" form.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:20 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking that was the 3-3/4 scale packaging.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I just can't figure out why Hasbro has seemingly gone no waist articulation with this line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:53 AM »
I think when Hasbro previewed these at SDCC (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) it was said that they were 3 3/4" scale (same with the Amazing Spider-Man figure they showed).  But, I think they have also mentioned in the past seeing a return of the 6" stuff as well.  I'm curious if we'll see two lines side by side (similar to what Mattel does with their movie/Movie Masters lines), or if it will continue to be the 6" wave(s) coming as exclusives later on (to Wal-Mart or wherever).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Odd that the packaging features Hulk but Hulk is nowhere to be found in the Avenger preview picks at Entertainment...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Have we seen any Hulk photos other than some concept art?  Maybe they haven't done the CGI Hulk yet and we don't know how he's going to look.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 3, 2011, 10:39 PM »
I've been seeing the Avengers figs with the light up bases at TRU lately (I think they're exclusive there). Only seen Iron Man, Cap and Hulk, and they're $19.99 each so I'm passing on these repacks.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 4, 2011, 09:18 AM »
they are $13 now - they dropped in price for the big book of toys.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 01:05 PM »
this just in from poster at the below site that saw some UKTF stuff:

Marvel. SUCKFEST. Saw all the Avengers and Spidey stuff. Oh boy, is it bad. Articulation on the Avengers stuff has been cut way back across the line. Most have no body, wrist or ankle movement. The Spidey stuff all has T crotches. On the plus side, there are lots of vehicles coming out for the Avengers movie. The Justice jet gets an IM style repaint, there's a new Cap vehicle that looked like a small tank with wheels, the Quinjet and the ****ing HELICARRIER!

Helicarrier is three feet long, has the usual firing missiles and ****. Looks pretty good but is only big enough for the Quinjet to fit on it's runway. The Quinjet is pretty big. Only one figure can fit in the cockpit but it has other openeing panels and stuff. There were no new Avengers figures apart from what has already been seen.
The Spidey stuff is horrible, just repaints of the same buck. Lizard is ok, but the design of his head is crap. He doesn't have the long snout. Massive fail.

Read more:Red Shadows - U.K. Toyfair 2012

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11 PM »
I saw that there are some smallish pics of the Quinjet, Helicarrier, etc. in that post now, and I'm sort of interested in this stuff.  Disappointing if the movie figures are that crappy, although I thought the ones shown at NYCC looked pretty decent (and not as poorly articulated as this post indicates).  I'm anxious to see what these lines will bring this year, because it looks like a nice opportunity to get some vehicles to go with the Marvel figures - something we haven't seen much of so far.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:21 PM »
I'm half disappointed/half relieved at this.  Would have been nice to get some nicer movie figs, but I had mostly talked myself into skipping these anyway.  If they are as terrible as described, that just makes my decision easier.  I do hope the quinjet is well done though - would be great to display that with the existing Marvel Universe figs I have.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 03:26 AM »
Oh boy, the original individual movie lines were basically flops at retail, I can't imagine the horror that inarticulated figures would bring to the pegs. Did Hasbro learn nothing from the terrible Green Lantern line?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks