Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108064 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #30 on: February 1, 2012, 11:44 AM »
There are lots of photos of Ultimates Hawkeye out there as well, so I would be surprised if he isn't in the initial wave or two of figures.  Very disappointed to not see the movie version of him or Widow or even Fury in the first few waves.  The Quinjet looks ridiculous as well - wish they had something remotely similar to the 90's version instead of some rainbow-colored nerf version of the jet.  Lame.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 2, 2012, 10:43 PM »
I see they still haven't fired the person responsible for the case ratios.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 8, 2012, 02:37 PM »
I noticed that HTS has the Avengers stuff up for preorder now (regular figures are only by the case it seems).  Most of the stuff has a date of 3/1, so maybe that is the "street date" for the Avengers figures.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2012, 03:14 PM »
They were up yesterday too...it is weird how they are on the site though as they are broken up in Cap/IM/Thor/Hulk catagories

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Sounded like not much was shown at Toy Fair from what I read.  :-\  Nothing that hadn't already been seen for the most part anyway.  Some cool Role PLay stuff though?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10 PM »
So, looking over the Avengers stuff, it seems like the claims that the figures were underarticulated or crappy weren't true.  It looks like maybe some of the "comes with vehicle" freebies might be that way, but it appears the regular lineup has the same quality/articulation as the MU stuff.  Not a ton of stuff shown, but they had figures of all the heroes, as well as Loki (and I assume the aliens weren't shown since they are still keeping that under wraps).  All said, looks like everything is covered pretty well.  The first wave of stuff almost looks like re-releases of the previous movie Cap, Iron Man, and Thor figures, but they may be different.  I think it looks pretty good, I'll likely pick up the basic team at least.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 09:59 AM »
So, looking over the Avengers stuff, it seems like the claims that the figures were underarticulated or crappy weren't true.  It looks like maybe some of the "comes with vehicle" freebies might be that way, but it appears the regular lineup has the same quality/articulation as the MU stuff. 

That's not entirely true.  I picked up five of these over the weekend.  No wrist, waist, or ankle articulation. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 02:35 PM »
Oh, I didn't know that...they looked decent in the pics (although I did notice the lack of ankles it seemed, aside from maybe Black Widow in the pics I saw).  I know we often don't see waist articulation on the superhero stuff as they sometime opt for the chest point instead.  The lack of wrists might be the most disappointing actually.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46 PM »
I thought the role play toys looked pretty cool, even though they're similar to what we've already seen from the previous movies.  Hulk Hands are coming back, Iron Man mask and a wrist piece of some sort, Thor's hammer, etc.  There's a new NERF bow for Hawkeye also.

They played a commercial during the presentation that showed a bunch of kids, each as a different Avenger, playing with the role play toys and it looked really well done.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids are running around with these toys this summer and come Halloween.  If I were 10 years old, I think this stuff would be right up my alley.

The only thing I don't care for is that some of the helmets have been replaced by these new masks.  The last Iron Man helmet was really nice, for example, but I think the new one is more mask than helmet.  It's like what they've done with the Star Wars masks.  It works fine for some like Captain America and the new Maul, but the Vader, Fett, Iron Man, I like the originals better.  I'm sure it's a cost thing but it always sucks to see companies have to go backwards.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Found a bunch of this stuff at TRU today. $10 for basic figures, which was nuts. I was kind of tempted to grab Loki because I never found the helmeted one from the Thor line, but I'll see what WM of Target charge first.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Found a bunch of this stuff at TRU today. $10 for basic figures, which was nuts. I was kind of tempted to grab Loki because I never found the helmeted one from the Thor line, but I'll see what WM of Target charge first.

The Avengers figures are $8.99 at Target.  I'm guessing they'll be similar at Wal-Mart (think $8.96ish), but I'm not positive.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18 PM »
This totally looks like an Ultimates Thor.  What about the look that was established in the Thor film?  Or are we going to see something like what we saw in the Iron Man II movie line?  A movie collection, a comic collection, and a concept collection?

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Those hips look like ****

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 08:55 PM »
From what I understand, we're seeing something similar with Avengers (covering comic, movie, and some concept).  I think some of the pics from Toy Fair show at least one figure covering each of those areas - I know at least there is an Ultimate Thor and Hawkeye on the way, and they also had figures that looked pretty similar to the original movie looks of Cap, Thor, and IM - then the "Avengers" looks are on the way as well.  I seem to remember a concept figure or two shown as well, but maybe that was for the Amazing Spidey line.  There is definitely comic and movie figures coming in the Avengers line though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2012, 09:16 PM »
I saw these at TRU over the weekend.  Meh.  I'm a huge Avengers fan, but nothing here really interested me.  I have enough Thor, IM, and Cap from their own lines I guess.  I did think the figures looked in line with previous Marvel figures.  I think we're a little bit spoiled with the SW quality and articulation.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today